Movie AVENGERS - Infinity War

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest what are your fav marvel movies?

Mine are in order
1) thor ragnorak
2) winter soldier
3) thor 2
4) avengers 1
5) dr strange.

Have not yet seen black panther.

I agree with the others you should go see it at the cinema even if you're unsure. Yes theres a chance you might dislike it but theres a very good chance you'll enjoy or potentially love it!

My Marvel movie order changes a lot.... Even though they are not the 2008 MCU. My fav Marvel movies are actually Hulk (yes I loved it... but like every other Marvel film the third act lets it down). And the 2004 Punisher is an all time favourite. Not only because it was filmed in the spirit of 80s action films (old school stunts with little cgi), but it was Kevin Nash's best work since TMNT 2.

As for the MCU era

Captain America TFA
Thor Ragnarok
Incredible Hulk
Thor (also the closest to a new MOTU movie we'll ever see lol)
Captain America: Winter Soldier (don't rate it as high as others do. Its good but I don't have the urge to rewatch it as often as I would watch other movies)
Spiderman Homecoming
Avengers (thought Dark Knight Rises was the better movie from 2012)
Iron Man
Civil War: After all of the hype... thought it was average.
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Iron Man 2
Avengers AOU

I'm yet to see GOTG 1/2 - Hold little interest (I hate Chris Pratt! even more than I hate Chris Evans lol).

I actually purchased Doctor Strange AFTER I saw IW. Probably wouldn't watch it again any time soon.

I'll wait for BP on dvd. The character was interesting in Civil War. But I'm not "invested" in the character. Never got into the comics.

Last edited:

Might see it sat, haven’t decided on GC or 3D this time

Choices choices

I've never used GC to see a film. Would definitely opt for the dvd instead!

I've seen various movies in 3D over the years. But the only one I went out of my way to see in the last 20ish years (prior to that it was Nightmare on Elm Street 6) was T2 3D last year.

I don't go out of my way to see movies in Vmax. The second movie in the planet of the apes trilogy was the last film I saw in Vmax.

Don't think it was a great movie, at least not up my alley, but, from an MCU perspective, it's probably the best Avengers movie and top-five overall.

I don't know that the films to this point have really set up the space stuff that well though. I only perused the Infinity Gauntlet comic but so much of it was steeped in the cosmos. To this point, with only like four examples, the MCU has been predominately 'realist Earth drama'. It doesn't feel like it has the stones to go all out and weigh down the second movie with the weird.

More so than the sequel could possibly manage too, Infinity War can really get away with just being the Civil War airport scene extended for two hours. As someone who doesn't come to these movies for serious character moments, drama or dialogue, I appreciate them mostly for their character interactions, and IW will probably remain the King of that kind of Marvel movie for a while. This also was further proof that Thor is always the best thing about any Marvel movie and I think even the other characters recognise that.

Don't think it was a great movie, at least not up my alley, but, from an MCU perspective, it's probably the best Avengers movie and top-five overall.

I don't know that the films to this point have really set up the space stuff that well though. I only perused the Infinity Gauntlet comic but so much of it was steeped in the cosmos. To this point, with only like four examples, the MCU has been predominately 'realist Earth drama'. It doesn't feel like it has the stones to go all out and weigh down the second movie with the weird.

More so than the sequel could possibly manage too, Infinity War can really get away with just being the Civil War airport scene extended for two hours. As someone who doesn't come to these movies for serious character moments, drama or dialogue, I appreciate them mostly for their character interactions, and IW will probably remain the King of that kind of Marvel movie for a while. This also was further proof that Thor is always the best thing about any Marvel movie and I think even the other characters recognise that.

Thor is a god, the others surely know he's the most powerful. And he's immortal (isnt he?).

no not that question. That was just me being a smartarse. My first actual question which must of been my second question.

You’re a hairs breath from being thread banned. There’s reviews all over the place and on here most rate it some don’t. Watch it, don’t watch it, either way stop clogging up the thread with this.

I would strongly suggest, yes.

There’s so many little things that will go over your head if you go in blind.

Thanks Abasi and everyone for the advice/heads up. Hitting Thor Rangnarok tonight with Guardians tomorrow night. Then the main event this weeek.

The first Avengers is one of my favourite flicks, was fricken brilliant so very fired up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Abasi and everyone for the advice/heads up. Hitting Thor Rangnarok tonight with Guardians tomorrow night. Then the main event this weeek.

The first Avengers is one of my favourite flicks, was fricken brilliant so very fired up.

the first avengers was the first of its kind. That scene in NY where theyre in a circle, and the camera goes around them, wow!

the first avengers was the first of its kind. That scene in NY where theyre in a circle, and the camera goes around them, wow!

100%, I think the scene in Ultron at the chapel in slow mo was probably better done, it genuinely looked like a moving version of the big double pagers in a comic book. I think Infinity War probably lacked that one “oh wow” moment but had so many more spine tingling moments.

100%, I think the scene in Ultron at the chapel in slow mo was probably better done, it genuinely looked like a moving version of the big double pagers in a comic book. I think Infinity War probably lacked that one “oh wow” moment but had so many more spine tingling moments.

I can think of one "oh wow" moment involving Thor.

I can think of one "oh wow" moment involving Thor.

Yep that definitely got me.

In fact, he was my favourite character arc throughout. Given what he’s already lost etc, and now his brother.

He and Rocket were also quality together. “Thanks sweet rabbit”. Classic.

Last edited:
Fair call, more meant the whole team doing the thing they do.

Gotcha. Probably more due to necessity via the split in the team but see your point. I actually recall the opening scene in AOU had a pretty good team line up shot as well (but I always seem to catch that movie half an hour in).

Yep that definitely got me. In fact, he was my favourite character arc throughout. Given what he’s already lost etc, and now his brother.

He and Rocket were also quality together. “Thanks sweet rabbit”. Classic.

It's funny seeing the transformation of Hemsworth from the first Thor movie to now... cutting the hair for one was an inspired choice. I think he's easily become the MCU's MVP.

Was reading an interview with Kevin Feige the other day and he mentions that one of his biggest regrets in the early films is having Hemsworth dye his eyebrows blonde.

It's funny seeing the transformation of Hemsworth from the first Thor movie to now... cutting the hair for one was an inspired choice. I think he's easily become the MCU's MVP.

Was reading an interview with Kevin Feige the other day and he mentions that one of his biggest regrets in the early films is having Hemsworth dye his eyebrows blonde.

We watched the first this the other day and his eyebrows were actually distracting.

We watched the first this the other day and his eyebrows were actually distracting.

As distracting as this?

original-4304-1511280850-2.jpg

Great post!!!!

I.W. had many moments, that culminate into a WOW movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back