FTA-TV Awake

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone seen this one? 3 episodes in and I'm liking it quite a bit. It's about a cop who's involved in a car accident with his wife and son. His life continues in two parallel and linked paths, where it's unclear which is the reality. I probably didn't explain that very well so check out the preview.

[youtube]CfPVoiQKFvk[/youtube]

I really like it. All of the good American shows seem to get canceled within 1 or 2 seasons while rubbish reality tv shows get great ratings and never seem to end.

Even if the network was to not renew it for another season - hopefully the show would 'speed up' in a sense and have a great ending where everything is explained.

But i'm hoping for 6 seasons and a movie!

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Very polished and don't mind watching it, but can't see it being stretched over multiple seasons.

While it probably won't ever happen, I'd love to see some single season shows that were made to be that way. Shows like heroes and prison break were brilliant for the first season, before going to s**t. Had they completed the story after 1 season and left it at that, they both would have been thought of as high quality TV. Prison Break especially should only have ever been a one series show, possibly two at most.

If awake does get cancelled, I hope they have enough time to deliver an ending that does the story justice. This is a show that I can see having a few good quality seasons though, if the ratings pick up.

While it probably won't ever happen, I'd love to see some single season shows that were made to be that way. Shows like heroes and prison break were brilliant for the first season, before going to s**t. Had they completed the story after 1 season and left it at that, they both would have been thought of as high quality TV. Prison Break especially should only have ever been a one series show, possibly two at most.

If awake does get cancelled, I hope they have enough time to deliver an ending that does the story justice. This is a show that I can see having a few good quality seasons though, if the ratings pick up.

No doubt, Im enjoying the show at the moment, but looking how the story is progressing, the premise of the show really isn't driving each episode. If it's going to exist as a multi season show, it will be as a cop drama -which will then turn everyone off.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I really like it. All of the good American shows seem to get canceled within 1 or 2 seasons while rubbish reality tv shows get great ratings and never seem to end.

Even if the network was to not renew it for another season - hopefully the show would 'speed up' in a sense and have a great ending where everything is explained.

But i'm hoping for 6 seasons and a movie!

Hahaha so particular !

Oct 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Thunder
Got the first few and will watch it soon!

I'm partial to cop dramas so this is right in my wheel house.

Haven't got stuck into a new TV series for a while, kind of like a TV off season I guess... here's hoping it's as good as it looks.

flight23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Da Bulls
just watched episode 6

this show jumped quite a few levels and i was already a big fan

PLENTY GOING ON!!!!

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
So I recently got into this show and have watched all the episodes up to date and now find out it is going to be cancelled!! WTF?? They obviously won't be able to wrap things up as the episodes are shot well in advance so what is going to happen? Are they just going to leave us hanging or will the show be picked up somewhere else?

Oct 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Thunder
Arrghh... disappointed by the news.

Thought the 'big conspiracy' level of the show was it's weakest part. But they're just about to dive into that and make it interesting and its cancelled!

Oh well... another good one bites the dust. Hopefully we get a satisfying conclusion.

flight23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Da Bulls
pretty sure we wont

think they were cancelled after filming

but please more reality shows for the lemmings

So.... --> it was all a dream... <--

Inception!

Felt like a bit of a moron, the stories are so complex that one of the most obvious conclusions is actually the most simple and didn't see that coming. Sort of debunked the 'coma' theory.

That is unless it was a rushed edit due to the news of cancellations. Regardless good to see it got some sort of closure.

Amazing the world we live in that shows like Jersey Shore, American Idol and Big Brother get made, but shows like this aren't profitable. *Thumbs down*

Persons Unknown, SGU and this...sigh. :-(

Inception!

Felt like a bit of a moron, the stories are so complex that one of the most obvious conclusions is actually the most simple and didn't see that coming. Sort of debunked the 'coma' theory.

That is unless it was a rushed edit due to the news of cancellations. Regardless good to see it got some sort of closure.

Amazing the world we live in that shows like Jersey Shore, American Idol and Big Brother get made, but shows like this aren't profitable. *Thumbs down*

Persons Unknown, SGU and this...sigh. :-(

Despite what some may think i'm glad that's how they ended it, considering the show had been/was cancelled (depending on whether it was a re-edit). At least it wraps the story up and gives people closure. I doubt many would have come to a solid conclusion that it was merely a dream!

Despite what some may think i'm glad that's how they ended it, considering the show had been/was cancelled (depending on whether it was a re-edit). At least it wraps the story up and gives people closure. I doubt many would have come to a solid conclusion that it was merely a dream!

Absolutely, cliched finale > canceled show left open with no closure.

Alan_87

Senior List
May 5, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Ending was ****ing dumb.

Here's why:

It wasn't a dream, Britton just concocted another reality to escape the previous two so he could be with both his wife and son. In the end, Britton is just a coward who continues to be afraid and accept what had happened. This would have been fine if it weren't painted as though it was some happy ending for audiences. Frankly, I was a tad insulted but whatever, its done for good now.

In the end this show had a heap of potential, but the shoddy writing and the bland approach to the police procedural genre secured its demise.

I hope Isaacs finds another good role for him to sink his teeth into as he was the best part of this show.

Back