AFL Club
West Coast
MVP
1) Joker
2) Steph
3) CP3
4) GA
5) Gobert
Next was Luka. Really throw a towel over 2 to 6. Not much in it. I also ruled out players who played less than 60 games, as that is part of being valuable.

ROY
1) Edwards
2) Ball
3) Haliburton

COY
1) Williams
2) Thibbs
3) Snyder

DPY
1) Gobert
2) Simmons
3) Green

MIP
1) Randle
2) Grant
3) Poole (homer vote)

All NBA Teams
ALL NBA 1st Team
Curry
Doncic
Kawhi
Giannis
Jokic

ALL NBA 2nd Team
Lillard
CP3
George
Randle
Embiid

ALL NBA 3rd Team
Beal
Kyrie
James
Butler
Gobert

All Defense
Holiday
Simmons
GA
Green
Gobert

Last edited:
MVP
1) Joker
2) Steph
3) CP3
4) GA
5) Gobert
Next was Luka. Really throw a towel over 2 to 6. Not much in it. I also ruled out players who played less than 60 games, as that is part of being valuable.

ROY
1) Edwards
2) Ball
3) Haliburton

COY
1) Williams
2) Thibbs
3) Snyder

DPY
1) Gobert
2) Simmons
3) Green

MIP
1) Randle
2) Grant
3) Poole (homer vote)

All NBA Teams - Coming soon
I know Greyson Allen had a decent season but that's a bit much.

But seriously, CP3 at 3rd is kinda ridiculous. There is no way he's had a better season than Luka or Giannis.
Luka's playmaking is on par, but he also scores almost double the PPG than Paul on similar efficiency.
Similar argument for Giannis, though what he loses in playmaking he more than makes up for in efficiency, shot blocking and scoring.

The only thing in CP3s favour really is team record, which I think is given too much credence for MVP. If the Mavs don't get ripped through with covid their record ends up much closer to Suns.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I know Greyson Allen had a decent season but that's a bit much.

But seriously, CP3 at 3rd is kinda ridiculous. There is no way he's had a better season than Luka or Giannis.
Luka's playmaking is on par, but he also scores almost double the PPG than Paul on similar efficiency.
Similar argument for Giannis, though what he loses in playmaking he more than makes up for in efficiency, shot blocking and scoring.

The only thing in CP3s favour really is team record, which I think is given too much credence for MVP. If the Mavs don't get ripped through with covid their record ends up much closer to Suns.

I never said he had a better season than Luka or GA.

It's the MVP award, not best player award. Otherwise LeBron has 10 of the awards.

A team that has been s**t forever is now good. Last year OKC was meant to be terrible, and play-offed.

CP3 is about making teams better. He is valuable.

I never said he had a better season than Luka or GA.

It's the MVP award, not best player award. Otherwise LeBron has 10 of the awards.

A team that has been sh*t forever is now good. Last year OKC was meant to be terrible, and play-offed.

CP3 is about making teams better. He is valuable.
How do you measure "value"? Surely on court production is the prime means.
Also the actual definition of the MVP award is not actually written down AFAIK ? (Serious question)

No doubting CP3 has been a large part of the Suns' improvement. They also did well in the bubble last year without him, as well as have seen improvements across their roster. How do you know how much is due to him ?

Take Luka or Giannis out of their teams and their "value" is a lot more obvious, but because we don't have that luxury they're ranked lowed? Doesn't seem smart to me.

I'll take either of their production as being a whole lot more valuable than what CP3 has done this year (which has been very good, don't get me wrong).

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
How do you measure "value"? Surely on court production is the prime means.
Also the actual definition of the MVP award is not actually written down AFAIK ? (Serious question)

No doubting CP3 has been a large part of the Suns' improvement. They also did well in the bubble last year without him, as well as have seen improvements across their roster. How do you know how much is due to him ?

Take Luka or Giannis out of their teams and their "value" is a lot more obvious, but because we don't have that luxury they're ranked lowed? Doesn't seem smart to me.

I'll take either of their production as being a whole lot more valuable than what CP3 has done this year (which has been very good, don't get me wrong).

I mean I did write that you could throw a blanket over 2 to 6, so I don't think there's anything in it.

I feel the voting after the Joker will be close.

I mean I did write that you could throw a blanket over 2 to 6, so I don't think there's anything in it.

I feel the voting after the Joker will be close.
Yeah fair enough. It's not really close at all, Luka and Giannis are way ahead of Paul IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul did come through somewhat high in votes, it's a nice story which people may buy into. Definitely not how I would vote though.

Would have Joker, Embiid, Curry, Giannis, Luka, Dame as the top 6.

Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Arsenal FC
Yeah fair enough. It's not really close at all, Luka and Giannis are way ahead of Paul IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul did come through somewhat high in votes, it's a nice story which people may buy into. Definitely not how I would vote though.

Would have Joker, Embiid, Curry, Giannis, Luka, Dame as the top 6.
I'm a suns man myself, I wouldn't have CP3 in the top 5. Joker def #1. Man played all 72 games and balled out. Curry over embiid. I'd chuck gobert in there too, the most valuable part to the Jazz's success this year.

Now, 6moy, obv JC is a lock.
I think Utah's success in the playoffs rides on him. An underperforming JC is an underperforming Jazz.

Go the suns.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
MVP
1)Jokic
2)Giannis
3)Curry
4)Embiid
5)CP3

COTY
1)Williams
2)Thibs
3)Snyder

ROY
1)Edwards
2)Ball
3)Haliburton

DPOY
1)Gobert
2)Simmons

MIP
1)Randle

ALL NBA 1st Team
Curry
Doncic
Giannis
Embiid
Jokic

ALL NBA 2nd Team
Lillard
Kyrie
Kawhi
Randle
Gobert

ALL NBA 3rd Team
Beal
CP3
George
Butler
Zion

Durant, Harden and LeBron didnt play enough games IMO to make the teams.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Sorry but Ball should win ROY.
His form pre-injury was as good as Edwards' best patch of the whole season.

Led every single stat for rookies except ppg, in a team that wasnt the worst team in the league like Minnesota.
It could go either way. He missed a fair chunk of the season and when he went down, Edwards really started to play well.

I think Mikal Bridges should get some votes for MIP, but like Clarkson for 6th man, this is Randle’s award and rightfully so

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
All NBA

ALL NBA 1st Team
Curry
Doncic
Kawhi
Giannis
Jokic

ALL NBA 2nd Team
Lillard