Competition Away Guernsey Of The Week 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing too spectacular here, Based on the 1912 jumper with a faint charcoal coloured sash and the tigers head on the left breast.

Note that it has the Great ones number, hopefully that wins a few votes ;)

I decided to make a V out of where the two yellow sashes meet. The sashes continue down but in a faint charcoal grey colour and I put the tigers head down the bottom of the V.

One left of field here and probably the only one I've done so far that doesn't clash with Richmonds home jumper.
An all yellow jumper and shorts with white collars and cuffs with a black to grey gradient slash and a Tigers head in the middle.

For my last one I just put a Yellow, white and black sash on a silver jumper with 2 tiger heads facing each other in the middle.

Shorts, collars and cuffs and numbers are black.

createawaywk10-rich5.jpg

The previous logo (i think it should be bought back as a secondary logo also get put on a clash/away jumper) with stylized claw marks in the position of the sash

createawaywk10-rich3.jpg

Dont really like the grey but white was worse and I compared mine to the grey pre season (from '05
i think) and that looks like grey with a yellow tinge and the pinstripped cuffs and collar make it look even worse

and just becaause i was bored I made this as a fifth (doesnt need to be entered)
createawaywk10-rich4.jpg

My 4th and final design, sees four giant realistic claw slashes across the front... no need here for claw slashes and a tiger head!

richmond-realistic-claw-slash-away.png

For my last one I just put a Yellow, white and black sash on a silver jumper with 2 tiger heads facing each other in the middle.

Shorts, collars and cuffs and numbers are black.

Looks great but i think you should drop the second head.

That looks awesome BTW SF, also I think it was Ganty (?) on the first page who also done a heap of great designs :thumbsu:

RichmondUnoriginalAwayKit.png

This is inspired by the new West Coast and Adelaide, and the somewhat new Hawthorn clash jumpers. It's basically a pisstake but there's still some thought and effort put into it.

This is the biggest comp in terms of participation I think we have ever had.

And there's at least 4 more to come (from me and whoever else will be rushing them in at the last minute)...
thats 31+!

Epitomises what a good move this has been in the last week :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did 2 serious and 2 not-so-serious entries for this week, we'll see how we go.

These first two are combinations of well known sporting teams. There are two in each, I won't say who they are - have a geuss if you like ;)

---

-----
Ok now for the left-field stuff.
Unless you've been living under a rock this past fortnight, you'd know that the great man Tiger Woods has been, seen and conquered in Melbourne. As part of a deal with his agents at IMG, his Aussie namesakes from Richmond are wearing a predominately red away strip in 2010 to promote his possible return in 12 months time.

As part of the deal, former Richmond sponsors Nike have resigned and added collars to the design which incorporates traditional golfing patterns with the famous Richmond sash. The Tigers have also updated their old-fashioned logo, the new one - "RT" - inspired by the famous "TW" emblem as worn by the man himself. Richmond officials hope this new look will resonate with Woods-like domination on the field.
---
In a marketing move similar to Port Adelaide's "Planet Teal", Richmond have teamed up with the Disney Corporation to appeal to the younger generation of tiger fans with the campaign, "Tigerland".

To keep up with the trend of wearing jumpers with only the kids' interests in mind, Richmond have created this bright guernsey which features the "Tigerland" logo, inspired by the Disneyland themepark logo. The Punt RoadEnd of the MCG serves as the Tiger's "castle", whilst Disney's own tiger, Tigger from Winnie the Pooh, also gets a gig. Not all, tradition is lost, however - the famous golden sash is retained, albeit in star formation in keeping with Disneyland's slogan "When you wish upon a star...". The young Tiger fans will have a lot of wishing to do to get their team into the 8 next year.

Heres my second creation, a little liKE Kerr4PM's entry, althougH I didnt see his until after i made mine:
richmondaway2-1.png

That looks awesome BTW SF, also I think it was Ganty (?) on the first page who also done a heap of great designs :thumbsu:
thanks Kerr4PM :)
This is the biggest comp in terms of participation I think we have ever had.

And there's at least 4 more to come (from me and whoever else will be rushing them in at the last minute)...
thats 31+!

Epitomises what a good move this has been in the last week :thumbsu:
I was just thinking that and surely KOTW 14 is close to having the most entries it has ever had:confused::)

Wow, they are amazing.. Just wondering where your getting the tiger head from tho :p

I just got the biggest version of the logo I could find and cut out the tigers head. The magic eraser on photoshop did most of the work but for the rest I just used a regular eraser.
You can have it if you want.
Richmond_Tigerhead.png

It's probably too late though.

richtigers3.jpg
richtigersaway2.jpg
'

richtigersaway4.jpg

Here are my final 3 entries
not including the one I fixed up from TheCuzEffect

RichmondUnoriginalAwayKit.png

This is inspired by the new West Coast and Adelaide, and the somewhat new Hawthorn clash jumpers. It's basically a pisstake but there's still some thought and effort put into it.

I could actually see them playing in this, maybe not as a clash but in the nab cup.

Yeah I agree mate, no one else would dare steal our guernsey :D Love your designs though buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back