Awesome attitude era moments

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved how King was sure it was JR and JR is trying to explain that they were together on the commentary desk at the moment it happened, hahaha.

Kurt's early character is brilliant, where he's upset that fans keep booing him against a combination of pimps, vampires, thugs, etc
King and JR had amazing chemistry in those days. The worst thing they ever did with King was turn him face as a commentator in his later years. It was painful to hear King complaining that wrestlers were cheating or being unfair or mean.

On that Kurt era, there's a cool conversation on his Table For 3 with Kurt and Shane and AJ where he talks about doing that promo in his home town calling out the crowd for not cheering him as a turning point for his heel-dom. After he got his home crowd to boo him he knew he had what it takes to be a good heel.

King and JR had amazing chemistry in those days. The worst thing they ever did with King was turn him face as a commentator in his later years. It was painful to hear King complaining that wrestlers were cheating or being unfair or mean.

On that Kurt era, there's a cool conversation on his Table For 3 with Kurt and Shane and AJ where he talks about doing that promo in his home town calling out the crowd for not cheering him as a turning point for his heel-dom. After he got his home crowd to boo him he knew he had what it takes to be a good heel.

Kurt learned pretty quick... when he first signed up with WWE he straight up told Vince there was no point trying to make him a heel because everyone would cheer for him being an Olympic hero, hahaha.

I can imagine Vince just smirking to himself and saying, no problem pal, we'll see how it goes.

SmackDown November 25 1999 (Thanksgiving)

Mae Young is drunk in the front row

X3PfWpI.jpg

Kurt learned pretty quick... when he first signed up with WWE he straight up told Vince there was no point trying to make him a heel because everyone would cheer for him being an Olympic hero, hahaha.

I can imagine Vince just smirking to himself and saying, no problem pal, we'll see how it goes.

Kurt Angle's first exposure to professional wrestling was ECW in 1996. He thought it was awful and declined WWE's overture until 1998. He still turned out great but imagine if he debuted 2 years earlier.

Kurt Angle's first exposure to professional wrestling was ECW in 1996. He thought it was awful and declined WWE's overture until 1998. He still turned out great but imagine if he debuted 2 years earlier.

From memory, the reason he thought it was awful was because he went to the ECW show where Raven crucified the Sandman, hahaha.

Pretty heavy introduction to wrestling!

Then just months before his debut in 99 Undertaker crucified Stone Cold

Please, he put him on his "symbol". Definitely nothing to do with crucifixion! ;)

Besides, Undertaker was gone when Kurt debuted so maybe he thought the guy got fired for it! And when he did come back, Kurt tried to replace his motorcycle with a fuel-efficient scooter, haha.

From memory, the reason he thought it was awful was because he went to the ECW show where Raven crucified the Sandman, hahaha.

Pretty heavy introduction to wrestling!

Then just months before his debut in 99 Undertaker crucified Stone Cold

I think there is a bit of difference between this...

crucifix.jpg

...and this. ;)

07fe757c4ab3e0f90d1fd1b07157b486.jpg

Plus the "symbol" spot happened about 11 months before Kurt Angle's official debut.

Finished 1999. Confess a certain amount of fatigue. The McMahons are going to be there the rest of the time and they won't be as entertaining this second time around.

However the Radicalz are only a few weeks away and Royal Rumble 2000 was a great PPV so it'll be good to watch it again.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be in the minority, but I enjoyed most of Wrestlemania 2000.

The Hardcore battle royal was fun for what it was, the triple threat ladder match between the Hardys, Dudleys and E&C was awesome, as was the Angle/Jericho/Benoit match for the IC and Euro titles, and I won't lie, I marked when Kane tombstoned Tori. Of course, there was rubbish on the event as well, but that could be said for a lot of PPVs.

It also marked the first time a heel retained the WWF title at Wrestlemania.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back