Awesome attitude era moments

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
1995 was the dark ages of WWF

Their main events sucked (Nash v sid, Mabel guys like that) but the undercard had some great matches with Bret Hart, HBK, Owen, Razor, 123 Kid, Hakushi and some more putting on some great matches. Hart/Nash at SS95 is a great match too.

Sep 28, 2015
Karachi, Pakistan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Karachi Kings
For Me, it was Shawn Michaels over-selling against Hulk Hogan at the 2005 SummerSlam. (Not attitude era, but still).

Especially the big boot. This was just, "the best thing in the world" - Adam Blampied

hbk-makes-hogan-look-dumb_1313735_GIFSoupcom_zps599c64f8.gif

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you're looking for PPV recommendations, you should basically go through the entirety of 2000, almost every show was great. In particular Royal Rumble and No Way Out, both headlined by Cactus Jack vs Triple H. If you like the in-ring stuff, the Ironman match at Judgment Day 2000 is pretty awesome. Fully Loaded 2000 is a great one too.

Obviously Wrestlemania 17 and the No Way Out 2001 that preceded it are superb shows as well (the Triple H vs Austin three stages of hell match is one of my favourites of all time)

In terms of 98/99 gems, King of the Ring 98, Backlash 99 and No Mercy 99 (not the UK show by the same name) are great shows.

If you can find it in yourself to enjoy heel Austin, you really owe it to yourself to watch the shows after Wrestlemania 17. I know everyone hated it but as someone who was never really an Austin fan during his heyday, in my mind it's his best performance. He goes through such an amazing arc from ruthless competitor to paranoid psychopath to completely unhinged in the Invasion. His feud with Kurt Angle during the time was amazing, and the sheer number of amazing moments (Kurt Angle in a milk truck, Austin and Rock singing a duet, Austin bullying everyone into signing a petition so he doesn't have to defend the title, etc) involving demented Austin is incredible.

Also, related:

Last edited:

GWBogan

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 7, 2011
Daily's Place
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
AEW, Jacksonville Jaguars, Fulham
Plus one for royal rumble 2000, hardys v dudleys TAbles match, cactus jack vs HHH street fight, tazz debut,
Just looking back at the Royal Rumble match itself, a very predictable outcome (The Rock eliminating The Big Show) given the large number of lower-mid card talent used and with really only one surprise (Bob Backlund).

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves

Shane was so crazy. He was always entertaining. Once tough bastard for a guy that couldn't wrestle to save his life. Always put his body on the line. Couldn't believe this as a kid, I thought both were dead

Shane was so crazy. He was always entertaining. Once tough bastard for a guy that couldn't wrestle to save his life. Always put his body on the line. Couldn't believe this as a kid, I thought both were dead

The ol' air filter crash pad

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham

Poor kid, trying to kill himself just to earn his dads love and attention

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

That he wasn't a proper wrestle enabled him to do this. Everyone else had to worry about wrestling 4 nights a week, every week. If Shane got injured it didn't matter, so to speak.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Very slowly working my way through the Attitude Era on WWE Network. Began with Survivor Series 1997 (generally considered the definitive starting point) and now up to the December 1st 1997 Raw. Something that really stands out compared to now is the different approach to lighting. As if they just turned on all the lights in the arenas. And none of the "WWE cares about cancer/bullying/the children" PR s**t either.

BK Eaglesfan

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Much as I don't have fond memories of the Invasion angle, I do have a soft spot for SummerSlam 2001.

The Rock v Booker T and Jericho v Rhyno on that card, with some pretty funny stuff from The Rock and Jericho in the lead up.

Kane and the Undertake teaming up, not that the match was a classic but just enjoyed those two being on the same page for a while. The match itself was basically a 10 minute squash in a cage of DDP.

RVD and Jeff Hardy ladder match and Austin v Angle. Couple of decent lower card match ups too.

Jul 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rumble 99 .. Rocky v Foley I quit match, and then Vince winning the rumble himself .. that was really it for me, I was sold.

Following a host of great matches such as Cactus Jack v HHH: No way out Hell in a cell, Benoit/Angle/Y2J/Austin all those guys were great.

I remember the day Angle left for that other rival wrestling company I stopped watching.

Caught 15min the other day.. had no idea who was fighting, some dude lame finishing move the "superman punch" it just sucked

Back