Competitions Awesome Conference - 2016 AFC Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

ATTENTION AWESOME CONFERENCE PLAYERS

ACCORDING TO THE RATING SYSTEM AS PER THE OP, PLEASE RATE EACH OF THE TEAMS IN THE STUPENDOUS CONFERENCE ACCORDING TO THE CRITERIA, AND SEND ME YOUR RESULTS. THEY WILL THEN BE COLLATED TO RANK THE STUPENDOUS CONFERENCE TEAMS, AND DECLARE A WINNER FOR THAT CONFERENCE.

YOU HAVE UNTIL 5PM, SUNDAY THE 17TH OF JANUARY.

YES, YOU ARE VOTING FOR THE WINNER OF THE OTHER CONFERENCE.

Dear Awesome Conference,

I'm supposed to be telling you all about how my team should win, but I'm sure I don't need to bore such an intelligent and attractive conference with trivial matters. I can tell straight away from your astute drafting just how well you know the great game of Footy. While I initially selected the Stupendous Conference, I immediately realised my mistake in not selecting the superior conference. Please don't hold this against me though. I'm young and foolish. Others from my conference may try and convince you with fancy words and graphics, but I know you will see straight through their empty words and images and see just who the real winner of that conference is.

Thank you all for your time.

Vote 1 Footypie32.

Dear 2nd rate conference.

Unlike the flog above, i won't be sucking up to you to try and win a draft contest. I believe that you should vote for the best team, and should you believe Footypie32 has the best team; know that you are wrong and should try harder.

Much love.
Golumless.

Hell, at least. Or a bit longer?

Can someone walk me through what happens now?

Hell, at least. Or a bit longer?

Can someone walk me through what happens now?

It's pretty simple - in the OP, there's a points system for the players and teams, you have to rate each team in the other conference out of about 65 for different categories, then send me the result along with the $20 entry fee, I tabulate and announce a winner.

TO ASSIST PLAYERS, WRITE-UPS FOR EACH TEAM HAVE BEEN LINKED INTO THE OPs OF EACH CONFERENCE

So - we should go back and adjust our first post with our reasons for winning?

Here's my wry tarp. A realistic one rather than the pathetic rose-coloured vote pleading that's going on. Hopefully our brothers in the Stupendous Conference can see through that veneer.

Line up
F Lindsay Thomas Jack Darling Harris Andrews
HF Mitch Duncan Tom Lynch (GC) Aaron Hall
C Jack Macrae Daniel Hanneberry Steele Sidebottom
HB Pearce Hanley Ben Reid Taylor Duryea
B Garrick Ibbotson Cale Hooker Sam Docherty
1R Shane Mumford Dion Prestia Marc Murphy
INT Brad Crouch Mark Baguley Levi Greenwood Alex Fasolo
EMER Jacob Weitering Rhys Stanley Lachlan Hunter

Squad players Jeremy Laidler Levi Casboult Sam Gibson Ben Griffiths Michael Jamison Jarrod Harbrow Jarman Impey Jackson Thurlow Lachie Weller Robin Nahas

Reasonably happy with my final team. Would have liked another medium/small forward but just couldn't snare one of value.

Need the big Mummy to get through a full season.

Major punts were on Tom Lynch and Harris Andrews. Hope the sun shines for them up in Queensland this season.

Reckon Reid and Hooker (or both) are a chance to play up forward this season so I made sure I had some key defensive cover.

Midfield group Hanneberry, Sidebottom, Macrae, Pretia, Murphy, Duncan, Hanley the obvious strength. Hopefully B Crouch can add something to that group :)

My value pick: Taylor Duryea. Very good finals series. Reckon he's an under-rated gem and AA possibility.

Reckon I have pretty good injury cover overall outside my squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My writeup

FB: Easton Wood - Robbie Tarrant - Will Schofield
HB: Matthew Boyd - Tom Lonergan - Robert Murphy (vc)

C: Andrew Gaff - Nathan Jones - Nick Dal Santo
R: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis (c) - David Armitage

HF: Andrejs Everitt - Lance Franklin - Shaun Higgins
FF: Michael Walters - Jarrad Waite - Hayden Ballantyne

B: Taylor Adams - Tom Nicholls - David Zaharakis - Jared Polec

Emergencies: Jack Newnes, Colin Garland, Daniel Wells

Reserves: Jonathan Griffin, Koby Stevens, Jack Martin, Matt White, Christian Petracca, Cam Sutcliffe, Josh Walker, Travis Colyer, Dale Morris, Chris Dawes

2 all australian defenders in my back 6 in Murphy and Wood. Matthew Boyd was fantastic as well. Will Schofield was the main main in a GF defense.
Best ruckman in the game. Midfield group; Lewis, Armitage, Gaff, Jones, Adams, Zaharakis with Dal Santo and Polec providing run
Awesome forward line. Higgins can change into the midfield and kicked almost 40 goals for the year. Ballantyne and Walters Freos best forwards. Franklin the best key forward when up and about. Waite had a very good year. Everitt is Carltons best forward and can push up to a wing if need be.
Tarrant and Lonergan arent elite as KPD but I expect Tarrant will improve again with a good team behind him.

B: Enright Rowe K.Simpson
HB: H.Shaw Richards Birchall
C: Sloane Goddard Shiels
HF: R.Gray Hawkins Deledio
F: Edwards Petrie Bell
R: Blicavs Montagna Guthrie
I: Maric D.Pearce S.Grigg J.Kelly

BEST FLANKERS IN THE GAME GRAY DELEDIO SHAW BIRCHALL. s**t!!!!

AGAIN REPEAT BEST FORWARD AND BACK HB'S IN THE GAME!! I HAVE ALL 4!!!

YOUR FAVOURITE PLAYER RORY SLOANE IN MIDFIELD I HEARD HE'S ALREADY BIN GIVEN HIS AA JACKET THIS YEAR!!! AVG 125 SUPER COACH PTS 2016!!!!

BLICAVS MARIC TWO TOP 10 RUCKS IN THE ONE TEAM LOL WTF??? 10/10

TOMAHAWK GETTTING DELIVERY FROM SELWOOD AND SOME OTHER BLOKE LOCK AA

LOOK AT THESE SEASONED VETS CONSISTENT EVERY YEAR THEY TURNT UP SIMPSON ENRIGHT PETRIE MONTAGNA BJ GODDARD

AND EVERYONE ELSE ARE PREMIERSHIP/POSSIBLE PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS!!!!

2A8EDE1BAD1022321516303798272_1d99d4c50e3.4.2_QEeju7NKCkmC40Ts17AKkiKsMZz9Dic6KyjMC2VMGIiEQNjLiSWYWClVtWJJ.dM8.jpg

50f06e87afa96f2f45000052.jpg

My write up as seen on page 72:

"Pretty happy with my team. Mix of pace and brute force in the middle, plenty of attacking options in the forwards especially my smalls. Menzel, Wingard, Johnson, Cripps provide tricks, huge goal nous and clutch ability. Bit of a risk on Cloke and Jenkins but both have the ability to fire if they have the right application and focus.

Gibson/Hombsch/Stratton are rock solid defenders, Gibson an AA and reigning B&F winner. Hombsch is only improving and Port love him. Small defenders can provide run but equally adept at locking down on opponents.

Ruck combo of Sandi and Gawn I'm going to say is the best in this comp, Gawn showed huge growth in the latter part of the year and is the clear number 1 for Melbourne. As long as Sandi's toes don't fall apart he's clearly still going to be one of the best in the comp.

I really like my depth, went for plenty of safe options who I can bank on 18+ games. I wanted cover on every line so got 4 key backs, 4 key forwards, 3 ruckman and a host of midfielders. Dunn and Frost have every chance of making their way into my final 22, the Shoe and McStay less likely but more than capable of being solid backup if Cloke or Jenkins fall over.

Few risks in Dale Thomas, Adam Cooney, Jaeger O'Meara but I couldn't overlook them when they were available.

9 of my current 22 are left footers, 13 of the 22 made finals this year."

good luck getting the ball.
thats all.

Faith_logo.jpg

7 - Scott Pendlebury-Magpies
18 - Joel Selwood-Cats
31 - Eddie Betts-Crows
42 - Luke Breust-Hawks
55 - David Mundy-Dockers
66 - Paddy Ryder-Power
79 - Jobe Watson-Essendon
90 - Kieran Jack -Sydney
103 - Dane Swan - Maggies
114 - Shaun Burgoyne - Hawks
127 - Kade Kolodjashnij - Gold Coast
138 - Heath Grundy - Swans
151 - Brent Harvey - North
162 - Sean Dempster - Saints
175 - Matthew Broadbent - Port
186 - Matthew Pavlich - Freo
199 - Matthew Kreuzer - Carlton
210 - Lee Spurr-Dockers
223 - Chris Mayne - Dockers
234 - Ed Curnow - Carlton
247 - Sam Reid - Sydney
258 - Jarryn Geary - Saints
271 - Alipate Carlile - Port
282 - Justin Clarke - Brisbane
295 - Tom Bellchambers - Ess
306 - Shane Savage - Saints
319 - Nakia Cockatoo - Geelong
330 - Angus monfries - port
343 - Jarrad Grant - GC
354 - Shaun McKernan - Ess

FB: Lee Spurr - Sean Dempster - Matthew Broadbent
HB: Shaun Burgoyne - Heath Grundy - Kade Kolodjashnij

C: Kieran Jack - Jobe Watson (VC) - David Mundy
R: Paddy Ryder - Scott Pendlebury - Joel Selwood

HF: Dane Swan- Matthew Kruezer - Brent Harvey
FF: Luke Bruest - Matthew Pavlich (C) - Eddie Betts

B: Chris Mayne - Ed Curnow - Sam Reid - Jarryn Geary

EMERG: Ali Carlile Justin Clarke Tom Bellchambers Shane Savage Nakia Cockatoo Angus Monfries
Jarrad Grant Shaun McKernan[/QUOTE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back