FF
: Tory Dickson - Kurt Tippett - Jeff Garlett
HF: Jake Stringer - Jesse Hogan - Dayne Zorko
C: Brandon Ellis - Travis Boak (C)- Liam Picken
HB: Dane Rampe - Alex Rance (VC)- Sharrod Wellingham
FB: Tom Langdon - Tom McDonald - Alan Toovey
FOL: Billy Longer - Tom Mitchell - Dylan Shiel
INT: David Swallow - Zach Merrett - Anthony Miles - Scott Lycett

RES: Jordan Roughead - Darcy Moore - Josh Schache - Alex Pearce - Jake Kolodjashnij - Michael Rischitelli - Ben Howlett - Jordan De Goey - Will Langford - Jayden Laverde - Brayden Maynard - Toby McLean - Ed Langdon

If I'm being honest, I won't win the pre-season or post-season vote. I could've drafted better, but I had fun playing and will look forward to watching each and every one of the players I selected for this years draft to see how they go (Except you Kurt).

Forwards
Kurt Tippett is my FF that will rotate through as the 3rd ruck. He will build on the 2nd half of 2015 where he played this role strongly. Jesse Hogan will continue his rapid development and be a beast throughout 2016. The pair are contested marking beasts who can also mark on the lead. The Package will play as the 3rd tall and rotate for bursts in the midfield. Tory Dickson and Jeffy Garlett are my two small forwards who are lightning quick, kick bags of goals and apply plenty of forward pressure. I expect similar outputs in 2016 as we witnessed in 2015. The 6th position will be filled by a rotating midfielder, as what we will expect due to the new interchange rules in 2016.

Defenders
All of my defenders are versatile and have strong offensive and defensive games, which will be a must for the 2016 AFL season. I have the best 2 tall defender combination in the Draft. Alex Rance will continue on from 2015 and be the AA CHB back this year. Tom McDonald will build from 2015 and show what he did in the 1st half of 2015 for the entirety of 2016, placing himself in the AA squad. Also placing himself in the 2016 AA squad will be Dane Rampe, who was one of the elite medium defenders in 2015, playing on medium and small forwards. Tom Langdon (Medium/Small Defender), Sharrod Wellingham (Attacking HBF rotating into midfield) and Alan Toovey (3rd tall) make up the remainder of the strong defensive unit.

Rucks
Billy Longer established himself as the lead ruck for St. Kilda in 2015 and will build upon that in 2016. I expect him to increase his presence around the ground whilst matching his neat 2015 hitout numbers. Scott Lycett will be the number 2 ruck. With Sinclair leaving the Eagles, Lycett will his spot as the Ruck/Forward, playing every game fitness permitting. Tippett will also have brief rotations through the ruck.

Midfield
Travis Boak, David Swallow, Tom Mitchell, Dylan Shiel and Anthony Miles will get the ball on the inside and distribute it out to Brandon Ellis, Zach Merrett, Dayne Zorko and Liam Picken when he isn't locking down the leading opposition midfielder. Swallow, Shiel and Merrett are all young guns who had injury interrupted 2015 seasons. They will make big names for themselves in 2016 if they stay fit. Mitchell will continue his development as a strong accumultaing inside mid. Miles, Boak and Zorko should also maintain their high standards in 2016. Not my strongest area.

Reserves
Jordan Roughead is my ruck reserve who has the versitility to play at either end for the Bulldogs. If he's fit, I expect him to play most games in 2016. Darcy Moore and Josh Schache are 2 young future (Not the John Kind) gun KPF's who I expect to get decent gametime in 2016 as their clubs fast-track them into the AFL. Alex Pearce will take over McPharlin's role in the Freo 22 and Jake Kolodjashnij will play a chunk of games in the Geelong defense, with the ability to play on talls and smalls. My midfield reserves are pretty strong. If fit, I expect all of Rischitelli, Howlett, De Goey, Laverde and Langford to play nearly every match for their respective clubs this season. Laverde and De Goey will be the ones to watch for. I have Maynard as a HBF - he isn't currently listed as one, but I expect that to change by the end of 2016. He showed some promise in his rookie 2015 season. Rounding out my depth are my small forward/half forward flanks of Ed Langdon and Toby McLean. I expect them to be in most AFL Fantasy/Supercoach teams by the end of the season, with McLean a strong chance for the AFL Rising Star if he plays every game. Both can play.

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
Did this for Stupendous.. no reason not to do it for Awful.

Here is my holy trinity analysis on the full squads from last year.

For the uninitated with my methods I've taken contested possessions, disposal efficiency and tackles.
Getting it, using it well and getting it back.

I rank each players squad (the WHOLE squad) for each stat to get a percentage value against the maximum, I then multiply these together to generate an overall relative ranking for your squads based on the holy trinity of stats.

FYI - it's been a very very very good indicator for success in real AFL.. and in this comp.
(and I've got the best in my comp ;) - YMMV ;) )

upload_2016-1-5_14-36-30.png

Write up for The Tune Squad

FF: Devon Smith - Tom Boyd - Josh Green

HF: Richard Douglas - Taylor Walker - Allen Christensen

C: Isaac Smith - Luke Parker - Luke Shuey

HB: Brodie Smith - Jackson Trengove - Trent Mckenzie

FB: Marley Williams - Steven May - Rory Thompson

Foll: Sam Jacobs - Adam Treloar - Mitch Wallis

Int: Dom Tyson - Riley Knight - Adam Saad - Jarrod Witts

Squad depth.
KPF:
Ty Vickery, Jack Redpath
General forwad: Gary Rohan
Ruck: Peter Wright, Reilly O'Brien
Midfield: Matt Crouch, Maverick Weller, Paul Seedsman, Ricky Henderson, Darcy Parish
KPD: Sam Fisher
General defender: Luke McDonald, Jamie Bennell

Quality and balance is what I think of when I look at this side. Tex is the star in the forward line, but there's a lot to like about his fellow squad members, Boyd a bit of a risk and is still on the steep learning curve but the big bucks start rolling in this year and he'll want to show something for it. Smith and Green to be my tackling & crumbing goal sneaks; imagine how much better Green will be with alongside him. Flexibility with Christensen and Knight to play through the midfield with Douglas, Parker and Witts also rotating forward. A good mix inside strength and outside speed and skill in what I consider to be the teams strongest area, with some proven guns and others on the to being superstars of the comp. They'll also receive first class service from the most All Australian worthy non-all australian in the game, Sauce Jacobs and of course his curly haired assistant. Good defence in the air and on the ground, I think May could be up for all Australian and bnf this season, ditto for Smithers who headlines some powerful run from defence.

From the rest of the squad there's some quality depth covering just about every area there is to cover, overall I'm very happy with my side, if I was to come up with a weakness, I would say that I hoped for little more ruck depth.

Last edited:
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
^
Haha... I read that quickly and saw KPF's Vickery and Redpath, Gary Rohan up forward, Peter Wright ruck

I thought Oh My Goodness! This is the worst team EVA. I might finally beat someone... oh. Damn.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
The New Farm Avengers
FF: Justin Westhoff , Joe Daniher , Cyril Rioli
CHF: Mark LeCras , Jeremy Cameron , Toby Greene

C: Dyson Heppell , Scott Thompson , Michael Barlow

HB: Jarrad McVeigh , Jake Carlisle , Jimmy Bartel
FB: Nick Malceski , Harry Taylor , Lachlan Hansen

1st R: Ben McEvoy , Tom Rockliff , Callan Ward

Res: Matthew Leuenberger , Brent Stanton , Chris Masten , Jasper Pittard

Em: Mitch Robinson , Lewis Taylor , Adam Tomlinson , Sam Mayes, Troy Menzel , Andrew Walker , David Myers , Jonathan Cegler , Reece Conca , Blaine Boekhurst, Heath Hocking , Sam Day

Let's just talk for a second about how awesome this team is.

You have some real midfield power and accumulators - Rockliff, Ward, Thompson; Heppell and Stanton and Barlow on the outside; with others such as Toby Green and Bartel and McVeigh rotating through.

McEvoy and Leuenberger give the team true ruck power, plus height around the ground. Harry Taylor and Carlisle are attacking key defenders, with Hansen a strong third tall and the entiore defense offers run.

Jeremy Cameron will kick 70 goals this year, and Joe Daniher is a great target. Le Cras and Cyril Rioli are the small forwards and both of them are potential AA.

Finally, the depth of the side is tremendous; players such as Lew Taylor, Mayes, Menzel, Myers etc will all play 20 games (injury permitting) and there are a number of players that will see 2016 as their year to take a big leap forward.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
^
Haha... I read that quickly and saw KPF's Vickery and Redpath, Gary Rohan up forward, Peter Wright ruck

I thought Oh My Goodness! This is the worst team EVA. I might finally beat someone... oh. Damn.

Based on the scores I've got coming in... you won't.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Please do send xls, Allefgib.

Though that Essendon result just SMASHED my team.

Back