Awesome movies thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out Darkon and King of Kong. Errol Morrris (IIRC) --> Thin Blue Line and Fog of War are beauties too. Spellbound is another good un....and Capturing the Friedmans

Check out Darkon and King of Kong. Errol Morrris (IIRC) --> Thin Blue Line and Fog of War are beauties too. Spellbound is another good un....and Capturing the Friedmans

I have King of Kong. Interesting premise with some interesting red-necks involved. Looks like fun.

Darkon: Another video game type take-off but quite different. I'll look into that one also.

Thin Blue Line: I think I've seen it.

Will look into rest and thanks for the advice. :thumbsu:

Darkon is about wargaming.....not on a screen, but adults playing dungeons and dragons in farmer joe's field th rubber swords.......some of the spontaneous battle speeches are gold :)

The Staircase by Jean-Xavier de Lestrade, the final episode was gripping television, I don't remember breathing for 50 minutes.

de Lestrade also did another good true crime doco called Murder on a Sunday Morning.

*yawn*

saw "in a better world" (haevnan) last night.....absolutely perfect....won the gong for best foreign film.....susanne bier is at the top of the heap

Went and saw Battle: Los Angeles last night. Was fearing the worst early on, especially with the inspirational music playing while the Lieutenant was telling his troops they were fighting for their family, their country etc but it turned out pretty decent, quite enjoyed it.

Aye. I agree with that assessment. Good movie in the end but very average beginning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back