Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it any good? Based on one of Lovecraft's weirder works.

Not for me.
The elements sounded intriguing enough, but there just wasn't anything there to freshen the formula.
Quite patchy with some good patches but not enough to make it a good movie.

If you want a dose of Nicholas Cage, then Mandy is the one.
Weird movie in some ways, but it just works.

Just can't find anything much new in movies of late and going back to documentaries.
Have a few lined up but am particularly keen on Octopus my Teacher - maybe tonight.

I've brought this up before, but if you haven't viewed -
a. Dear Zachary
b. Earthlings
Just watch them.

Dear Zachary still has an effect on me all these years later. It's somewhat unique and still has the blow of a sledgehammer.

Just can't find anything much new in movies of late and going back to documentaries.
Have a few lined up but am particularly keen on Octopus my Teacher - maybe tonight.

I've brought this up before, but if you haven't viewed -
a. Dear Zachary
b. Earthlings
Just watch them.

Dear Zachary still has an effect on me all these years later. It's somewhat unique and still has the blow of a sledgehammer.
Into the inferno on Netflix...can drag in parts but has some stunning imagery

Rewatched Gladiator, what a corker.
Also Cindarella Man for the 1st time, fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tenet was what I was expecting from a big budget flick. Solid entertainment.

Boss Level was a real surprise packet, a lot of fun and really well shot.

Us - another Jordan Peele subversion of the horror genre from a black perspective. V good

Mank - story of the writing of Citizen Cane, where Orson Welles doesn't have a big hand in it. Shot in B/W old style. V good.

The Personal History of David Copperfield - one of those British movies with a cast who look like they were having a ball. Good writing from the "thick of it" dude.

Poignant, race based anthropological comedy dramas are a niche market, but I managed to catch two this week.

A second viewing of Green Book and enjoyed it just as much. Perfectly cast...it's absolutely a film about racial disparity, but that quickly gives way to the developing relationship of the two leads. It's got a few gritty scenes, but never strays too far into uncomfortable territory.

The Merger...nice little footy based flick. It's a classic take on bush footy...a bit elementary, and clearly low budget...but super relatable to anyone that has played bush footy, and shines a (pretty idealistic) light on the refugee experience. And if I was Damien Callinan I'd absolutely write in a scene where I pash Kate Mulvany too, so an extra star for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody

Was well put together and well acted. Pretty good fight sequences too.

Better than I was expecting.

Dune - brilliant, but risk covid and see it on the big screen unlike me. Lawrence of Arabia in space

How much of the movie is Dave Bautista in?

Looking forward to it.

Saw it in the cinemas this afternoon. Awesome.

Kung fu just suited the MARVEL movie so much and the story/lore was really well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back