Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched JoJo Rabbit tonight for the first time, extraordinary film that really surprised me, and i am currently listening to the audio commentary on the Blu-Ray disc, one of the best I have listened to in a long time (and I have listened to hundreds of movie commentaries, being somewhat of a film buff)

I really enjoyed how Talka Waititi explains that he didn't want to make the Jewish Orphan Character Elsa a victim in this movie, it does bring a perspective that so many Jewish Children must have been so incredibly strong and brave during the most horrific and terrifying time in (recorded) human history, and they ahould not just be remembered as victims (which of course they were, i only watched Schindler's List one, never again because it just hurts so much to see so much human suffering and evil)

Looking forward to seeing more movies directed by Taika Waititi in future.

Piercing -

Wasn't sure where this was going but at the 20 minute mark, giallo came through and in no better way than for the music of Goblin....see Profonndo Rosso.
What a great surprise and throwback. Only got better from there.
Based on the (lesser known) murakami novel? Great book. As is In the miso soup

Just watched GroundHog Day for the first time in at least 15 years.

Magical movie, it just saddens me a lot that Bill Murray and Harold Ramis had such a falling out following this movie..

I am glad that they finally made peace with each other before Ramis' sad passing a few years ago.

Loved JoJo Rabbit - Sam Rockwell was amazing in his minor role - Funny/Sad /Quirky - Taika Waititi at his finest
Parasite was over hyped for me
While I liked Gentleman didn't have the nuances of Snatch/LS2SB which are some of my favourite movies and is ultimately a little forgetable

My partner and I discussed a lot the effect the hype had on Parasite, it did take a little away. I’m a fan of the director though, his other films Snow piercer and Okja are worth a look too, both explore interesting concepts.

Watched JoJo Rabbit tonight for the first time, extraordinary film that really surprised me, and i am currently listening to the audio commentary on the Blu-Ray disc, one of the best I have listened to in a long time (and I have listened to hundreds of movie commentaries, being somewhat of a film buff)

I really enjoyed how Talka Waititi explains that he didn't want to make the Jewish Orphan Character Elsa a victim in this movie, it does bring a perspective that so many Jewish Children must have been so incredibly strong and brave during the most horrific and terrifying time in (recorded) human history, and they ahould not just be remembered as victims (which of course they were, i only watched Schindler's List one, never again because it just hurts so much to see so much human suffering and evil)

Looking forward to seeing more movies directed by Taika Waititi in future.

Fantastic movie, what a crazy arc he has as a director. Such different styles of movies in his kit bag

Re watching spotlight right now, fantastic movie, I still remember the shock I felt after watching it the first time, the credits at the end were disgusting.

Highly recomend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We Own The Night

I have never seen another movie that can hold tension like that.

So good it was somehow even better the 2nd time around.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Watched City Slickers tonight for the first time.

Suspect I probably would have hated or being bored by it when I was younger (esp when it came out) but as 40 years young now, I think it's quite a really smashing mix of comedy and some significant male Bonding (in a not corny or OTT way)

I wish Hollywood made more well written and emotionally resonating comedies like this these days (there is only so many times you can laugh at Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart before it becomes repetitive)

Rewatched "Don't Breathe".

A masterclass in suspense & tension by Sam Raimi, my favourite director/producer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back to the Future Trilogy has just come out on 4K.

And to celebrate the end of lockdown I went out and bought it, and am sitting to watch all three in one sitting. :)

Funny thing is, Crispin Glover still looks youngsters then the old George McFly in the first movie. The bloke simply doesn't age at all, lucky s sod.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back