Beauty & Style Awkward Flirting Stories - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be awkward after high school when he wonders where his 170 friends have gone.
Didn't say they were all my friends but some people need to be invited out of etiquette, 120 of those would just be people who i hang out with but wouldn't really go to for advice/help.

Hanging with a chick tomorrow btw guys, expect stories.

Didn't say they were all my friends but some people need to be invited out of etiquette, 120 of those would just be people who i hang out with but wouldn't really go to for advice/help.
For sure. Was hyperbole on my part. But in my experience those who talk about having such a massive network of "friends" in high school leave and realise they don't really have anybody that means anything to them.

Post high school, for me and many others at least, you kind of realise that it's the company of several close friends that you really crave and the rest is just noise. You might be different, and my post was mostly in jest too, but if I had my time again I'd focus real hard on finding people that I really wanted to spend time with rather than trying to be everybody's friend.

*, this conversation makes me feel old.

For sure. Was hyperbole on my part. But in my experience those who talk about having such a massive network of "friends" in high school leave and realise they don't really have anybody that means anything to them.

Post high school, for me and many others at least, you kind of realise that it's the company of several close friends that you really crave and the rest is just noise. You might be different, and my post was mostly in jest too, but if I had my time again I'd focus real hard on finding people that I really wanted to spend time with rather than trying to be everybody's friend.

****, this conversation makes me feel old.
I am very realistic about this trust me. In fact recently i have been skipping a lot of parties just to chill with close friends who are not considered as "cool". I kind of ruined that recently when they were talking s**t and then i just went off telling them that i copped s**t for hanging out with them :( . But I will be able to get it back on track.

40 definitely isn't a lot at my age. I would have messaged at least that many people this week just for plans. Like for my 18th I will probably invite around 70-80 from school, and then from club football, colts football, basketball, mutual friends, primary school. It will probably end up being close to 170.

*, I feel sorry for your parents

My son had about 70(after telling he was inviting about 40) for his 18th and that did my head in. I'd have murdered someone if there was 170.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****, I feel sorry for your parents

My son had about 70(after telling he was inviting about 40) for his 18th and that did my head in. I'd have murdered someone if there was 170.
I haven't had any parties and it will be considered my 18th birthday present. I've been pushing the idea for a big 18th for a while so it worked out pre well.

I haven't had any parties and it will be considered my 18th birthday present. I've been pushing the idea for a big 18th for a while so it worked out pre well.
Is this a typo or the kids abbreviating pretty to pre these days? I can't even tell any mo.

Last edited:
170 people at an 18th birthday? Unless you've got a huge family, surely you're taking the piss. Could not think of anything worse.

Why bother blowing all that money on a great deal of people that really don't give two shits about you? You'll be in for a rude awakening in year 12 when all these "friends" aren't inviting you to things in return.

I am very realistic about this trust me. In fact recently i have been skipping a lot of parties just to chill with close friends who are not considered as "cool". I kind of ruined that recently when they were talking s**t and then i just went off telling them that i copped s**t for hanging out with them :( . But I will be able to get it back on track.
Wait so you're one of the cool kids?

I was young and naive, and not in a good way. But I guess that was everyone. There are times I sit and wonder about the great times I had as a 16 year old, in school, stress-free and running a muck. But I probably wouldn't want to go back.
Kids these days are far more clued in than I ever was a sixteen year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back