Beauty & Style Awkward Flirting Stories - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of months ago, I was asked out by a guy (T) from work (whilst we were on the same team, working together etc)

I was completely blind-sighted/shocked ( but was still as gentle as I possibly could be when I turned him down)

Initially T (after unfairly accusing me of leading him on) gave me the silent treatment, but a week or so later, when we were back on speaking terms , T asked me why I didn't see it coming based on a couple of different things eg
-T bringing up the ladder theory (which I don't believe in) after I made a comment that I was glad we had gotten to know each other this term (we were only acquaintances prior to October)
-T making comments comments like "I like girls like you who love their sport", "looking beautiful today even in that ugly uniform" and "what are your thoughts on the Viktor/Hermione ship" (having already identified that they were our favourite Harry Potter characters respectively)

I actually didn't even give those moments a second thought :eek: (whilst normally, I would've overanalysed each moment with my friends)
I guess I just thought he was just being nice/friendly/hoping for favours at work :oops: :drunk:
Awkward flirting in retrospect.

There's a simple explanation to this.

Men (we) are idiots and think if a semi decent looking woman talks to us for more than 10 mins we're on a winner.

There's a simple explanation to this.

Men (we) are idiots and think if a semi decent looking woman talks to us for more than 10 mins we're on a winner.
Summarises the thread :D
Though thinking about the customer service -related AFS from a few pages ago - for some guys , the threshold seems to be closer to 10 seconds ;)

Summarises the thread :D
Though thinking about the customer service -related AFS from a few pages ago - for some guys , the threshold seems to be closer to 10 seconds ;)

For some of the bigger idiots, all it takes is a fraction of a second of a girl flicking her hair and smiling at some stupid comment and it's " I'm in like Flynn here..you beauty!"

Sad but true. But that's us men. Idiots.

For some of the bigger idiots, all it takes is a fraction of a second of a girl flicking her hair and smiling at some stupid comment and it's " I'm in like Flynn here..you beauty!"

Sad but true. But that's us men. Idiots.
She brushed her hair back, that means something doesn't it, oh and her pupils are dilating, I read somewhere that also means someth, wait don't go.

Ok... when I was in college, I had female friend, who was a big flirt and I swear even blinked deliberately to get the guy.

For the dude who got blindsided, I can only say, "fools rush in..."

All I can say is that in my experience, the cues are quite pronounced... either that or I have missed out on heaps :p (cue the smart comments)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently they got taken away from the mum at birth and grew up in various foster homes.Later in life their paths crossed and they obviously had a connection.

This gives me the impression they were twins. Had they never discussed their respective upbringings with each other? I would assume that having such similar pasts, and sharing birthdates if they are indeed twins, would be cause for some very loud alarm bells to start ringing long before any thoughts of marriage.

This gives me the impression they were twins. Had they never discussed their respective upbringings with each other? I would assume that having such similar pasts, and sharing birthdates if they are indeed twins, would be cause for some very loud alarm bells to start ringing long before any thoughts of marriage.

Yes this is a good point. I'm starting to get very suspicious of the legitimacy of this story. Could it be that someone actually lied on the internet...?

Yes this is a good point. I'm starting to get very suspicious of the legitimacy of this story. Could it be that someone actually lied on the internet...?
It's rare , but it has certainly happened before

It was in the Guardian so it must be true.

Twins separated at birth and adopted by separate parents later married each other without realising they were brother and sister.

The siblings were recently granted an annulment in the high court's family division.

The judge ruled that the marriage had never validly existed. Marriages can be annulled if one of the parties was under 16 at the time, if it is a bigamous union, or if the couple are closely related.

The identities of the British pair and the details of the relationship have been kept secret, but it is known that they were separated soon after birth and were never told they were twins. They did not discover they were blood relatives until after the wedding.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jan/11/allegrastratton

Not sure if an awkward flirting story or an awkward after dating story.

A mate banged a chick, pretty much a sympathy root, but it turned out a little ugly.

She was begging him to strangle her, slap her and stick it where the sun don't shine.

He was a little freaked out by the whole thing but even more so when she applied to rent the apartment next door the following day.

Not sure if an awkward flirting story or an awkward after dating story.

A mate banged a chick, pretty much a sympathy root, but it turned out a little ugly.

She was begging him to strangle her, slap her and stick it where the sun don't shine.

He was a little freaked out by the whole thing but even more so when she applied to rent the apartment next door the following day.
* that. Sounds like the kind of nut that would then slap a rape claim against him.

**** that. Sounds like the kind of nut that would then slap a rape claim against him.

He's moving out and paying double rent if she is successful.

They say there is a price for everything and he could pay enormously unless he cuts his losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back