Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
The great defenders have the ability to read the flight of the ball then look at their opponent (watching the ball) and then push them into obscurity before refocusing on the ball to take a mark or spoil the ball. Lake was exceptional at this technique and I am not really confident atm that Brand has the capability to ever perform it.

Am not sure you can really teach what guys like Lake, Sicily, etc have in reading the flight of the ball. Brand therefore needs to make up for it by being quicker, stronger and greater wingspan than his opponent, to stop them marking. Not sure he has those covered either...

Hi, The_Axeman , any chance you have attended training recently, or even today, and could get this thread a much needed boost?

Or anyone else who happened to make their way out to Waverley? TheFourPillars ?
Agreed.

And if our Training Watchers are too busy or have work commitments etc., then I'd be happy for Clarko or a few of the players to create accounts & post their feedback following training.

Either/or.

Hi, The_Axeman , any chance you have attended training recently, or even today, and could get this thread a much needed boost?

Or anyone else who happened to make their way out to Waverley? TheFourPillars ?
Since you asked so nicely I will oblige a little later on

JLT 2 Training

What is a beautiful day out at Waverley today track watchers were enjoying some wonderful sights more of that later. I am too lazy to go through every player so bear with me

JLT2 non starters

Wingard, Howe, Minchington, Koschitzke, Birch and Scully

Getting down to the nitty gritty lets get excited:

As I mentioned both Birch and Scully were out there doing everything and part of the intra.
Scully lined up on Smithy at the first bounce how bloody marvelous. You couldn't write the script but at the first bounce the ball is kicked forward and birch runs onto it alas 2 years out of the game meant he got caught with it. Warmed into the game with his trademark run and disposal. So bloody good to see him out there. Scully running around at full pace kicking and delivering the ball.

Final word on Birch he is in great spirits and no swelling on the knee after training. He has been going hard for a couple of weeks now

A lot of focus on ground balls Mitchell working away with the rucks and midfielders. Sic playing in defence yes may drift forward depending on needs.
I reckon young scrimshaw might get a gig early on as well

Sadly Howe won't make round 1 which means we will be really young in the middle which I imagine will be offset by silk running through there in the first few rounds

Looking forward to the match against the tiges

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
JLT 2 Training

What is a beautiful day out at Waverley today track watchers were enjoying some wonderful sights more of that later. I am too lazy to go through every player so bear with me

JLT2 non starters

As I mentioned both Birch and Scully were out there doing everything and part of the intra.
Scully lined up on Smithy at the first bounce how bloody marvelous. You couldn't write the script but at the first bounce the ball is kicked forward and birch runs onto it alas 2 years out of the game meant he got caught with it. Warmed into the game with his trademark run and disposal. So bloody good to see him out there. Scully running around at full pace kicking and delivering the ball.

Final word on Birch he is in great spirits and no swelling on the knee after training. He has been going hard for a couple of weeks now

A lot of focus on ground balls Mitchell working away with the rucks and midfielders. Sic playing in defence yes may drift forward depending on needs.

Sadly Howe won't make round 1 which means we will be really young in the middle which I imagine will be offset by silk running through there in the first few rounds

Cheers. Thanks a million and very much appreciated. 👍

Jul 21, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
JLT 2 Training

JLT2 non starters

Got so excited I just had a accident

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
JLT 2 Training

JLT2 non starters

Thx TFP. Whats the go with Howe? If my memory serves me correctly he was looking good early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
We have a full intra hit out next week which means we would have had 4 hit outs before rd 1! Fantastic prep for season proper. We are been very cautious with Gunner which fair enough imo. Great to see sculls and Birch running around at almost full pace just to get a feel of the ball and amp up conditioning.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Man, we are so close. If we can hang on to break even through the first half of the season then I reckon the second half has some real opportunity with great talent coming good physically.

At the start of every season I reckon we’re a lock for the prelim final.

True, take into account our first 7 rounds is fairly soft we need to be 4 Wins as a minimum.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
True, take into account our first 7 rounds is fairly soft we need to be 4 Wins as a minimum.

You must be more confident than I am. IMO we'll struggle against Adelaide, North, Geelong and Melbourne. We only just beat the Saints at Marvel last year and who knows what the Dogs are going to do. Carlton is the only guaranteed win

cyrilicious

Team Captain
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Man, we are so close. If we can hang on to break even through the first half of the season then I reckon the second half has some real opportunity with great talent coming good physically.

At the start of every season I reckon we’re a lock for the prelim final.

Imagine if we had mitchell....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back