Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sad that this thread has now been unstickied, but happy that it means that season is about to start.

Thanks to all those posters (Axe Man, TFP, HH, etc.) who make the offseason that much more bearable.
Let’s all just hope that the next preseason there’s no broken bones but I echo everyone else comments in thanking the guys who we’re our eyes in ears on the training track. So keen to see how our you guys go with absolutely no expectations other than that they hold their own to Clarko’s game plan.

Axe you’re the king. Thanks again for getting us all through this 6 month pre season. We salute you.
Thanks TD and everyone else. I’m just happy to be able to do it. Not sure what I’ll do when they move to Dingley. Meh, who am I kidding, I’ll be there.

Scully looked good and was running real smoothly. Howe was out there and training well.

Wingard and Minchinton were doing rehab. They were kicking amongst each other with Sam Mitchell, and then Minchington ran several laps and Wingard did some boxing.

When they broke in to seemingly our first team and reserves I noticed Morrison and Lewis with the reserves, and Nash with the first team. Scrimshaw was in the first team as well, so I'd say it was certain that he's going to debut.

When they broke in to seemingly our first team and reserves I noticed Morrison and Lewis with the reserves, and Nash with the first team. Scrimshaw was in the first team as well, so I'd say it was certain that he's going to debut.

I was hoping that Harry got a gig first up. Whilst he certainly didn’t contract leather poisoning in the JLT, I loved his tackling and defensive side against Richmond. This could be invaluable against a primed Crows side at AO. With him being on the ‘reserves’ side could it be a case of it being 18v18 though and there not being a normal interchange?

Cheers for the report. Loving the fact that Scully seems close.

Last edited:
Scully looked good and was running real smoothly. Howe was out there and training well.

Wingard and Minchinton were doing rehab. They were kicking amongst each other with Sam Mitchell, and then Minchington ran several laps and Wingard did some boxing.

Was Scully in the 1sts team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping that Harry got a gig first up. Whilst he certainly didn’t contract leather poisoning in the JLT, I loved his tackling and defensive side against Richmond. This could be invaluable against a primed Crows side at AO. With him being on the ‘reserves’ side be a case of it being 18v18 though and there not being a normal interchange?

Cheers for the report. Loving the fact that Scully seems close.

TBH I didn't count how many players were on both sides. It could be that they were playing with 16 or so on each side, so he could have just been making up numbers for the other side. It was just full ground light match simulation stuff.

The 'senior' team had two rotating off the ground at all times too FWIW.

Where was Moore?

thanks mate,

a bit alarming Wingard didn't run laps still a few weeks off i would think.

I will be shocked if Morrison is not picked, he is a gun far more skillfull than most players on our list at the same age, had a solid season last yr, playing mulitple roles, lets hope he has the credits on the board to override a average jlt.

I will be shocked if Morrison is not picked, he is a gun far more skillfull than most players on our list at the same age, had a solid season last yr, playing mulitple roles, lets hope he has the credits on the board to override a average jlt.

Love the kid and what he brings but have to admit his lack of real leg speed worries me. To boot, he also lacks quickness of movement and has to overcome his physical limitations with a terrific game mind and very very solid skills and vision.
Hard thing for me is imagining his final position on the field, not sure he covers the ground quickly enough for the wing, has the physical traits to play back, or the speed/hardness/build to win it from the center/on ball.
Could he become a crafty forward? Not sure, but the club will obviously give him plenty of opportunity to find a role and appreciate many of his attributes.

Love the kid and what he brings but have to admit his lack of real leg speed worries me. To boot, he also lacks quickness of movement and has to overcome his physical limitations with a terrific game mind and very very solid skills and vision.
Hard thing for me is imagining his final position on the field, not sure he covers the ground quickly enough for the wing, has the physical traits to play back, or the speed/hardness/build to win it from the center/on ball.
Could he become a crafty forward? Not sure, but the club will obviously give him plenty of opportunity to find a role and appreciate many of his attributes.
Harry Morrison, not Scott Morrison.

He is very quick.... that's kind of why Hartung doesn't play for us anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back