Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How's Chip Frawley been travelling early in this Pre Season ?

Something I've always wondered about Chip and his issues with migraines is if its he's teeth that might be causing them (the migraines). The reason I bring this up is because for a good 2-3 period I was getting migraines / tonsillitis and sore throats. Then after a dentist appointment I was booked in to have all my wisdom teeth out. The dentist told me that I had cracks in my wisdom teeth which was causing bacteria to form in these cracks. Now as your wisdom teeth are so close to the back of your mouth area all this bacteria was getting spread onto the tonsils and making me sick causing tonsillitis and migraines etc. I really look after my teeth and brush morning and night so one can only imagine how worse this would've been if I didn't. Anyways after having all my wisdom teeth out I've never had tonsillitis which was causing my migraines.

Not being horrible to Chip but he doesn't look to have the nicest of teeth (oral care) and I've really just wondered if his issue might be as simple as what was casing me grief. Anyone that has suffered migraines know that they are no joke and highly debilitating. One thing I discovered for anyone that suffers from them is that eating lots of almonds and grapes for whatever reason stop them from occurring. Unfortunately drinking coffee which is my drop of choice can make them worse.

Yesterday morning I was only able to watch the first hour of training. I'll start with the positives. The warm up involved the players doing short kick to kick in pairs and I was thrilled to see Tom Scully kicking the ball for the first time. I consider this little step to be a very positive sign. The hand ball group was down to JOM, Scully, Kosi, Walker [Fed or Rog] and Shoey. Previous hand ball group members Hardwick and Miles trained with the main group and Frawley started with running before joining the main group for the ball movement exercises. After the hand ball exercises JOM, Kosi and Shoey did some running. I didn't notice what Rog did.

I previously posted there was a considerable improvement from the first to the second training sessions last week and now there was a further improvement yesterday. At the AGM I thought it stood out how the players genuinely enjoy each others company and this is reflected by the spirit I've seen at training. Fasten your safety belts for another exciting season with our gun recruits Birchall, Wingard, Scully and Mitchell plus the improvement from Worpel, Morrison, Impey and Sicily.

Hawky New Year

Yesterday morning I was only able to watch the first hour of training. I'll start with the positives. The warm up involved the players doing short kick to kick in pairs and I was thrilled to see Tom Scully kicking the ball for the first time. I consider this little step to be a very positive sign. The hand ball group was down to JOM, Scully, Kosi, Walker [Fed or Rog] and Shoey. Previous hand ball group members Hardwick and Miles trained with the main group and Frawley started with running before joining the main group for the ball movement exercises. After the hand ball exercises JOM, Kosi and Shoey did some running. I didn't notice what Rog did.

I previously posted there was a considerable improvement from the first to the second training sessions last week and now there was a further improvement yesterday. At the AGM I thought it stood out how the players genuinely enjoy each others company and this is reflected by the spirit I've seen at training. Fasten your safety belts for another exciting season with our gun recruits Birchall, Wingard, Scully and Mitchell plus the improvement from Worpel, Morrison, Impey and Sicily.

Hawky New Year
Thanks as always for the report HH. Quick couple of things:

1/ You mentioned "starting with the positives". It all sounds bloody positive to me. Any negatives?
2/ Any idea what the boys are in the rehab group for? I hope JOM is being managed, but unsure about the other lads.

1/ You mentioned "starting with the positives". It all sounds bloody positive to me. Any negatives?
2/ Any idea what the boys are in the rehab group for? I hope JOM is being managed, but unsure about the other lads.
1/ The only negative is some players need to improve their disposal and/or don't seem to have improved. Th players are working hard so it's too early to attempt to provide an informed opinion. On the other hand Golds and Greaves are very good kicks and have shown some footy smarts and Mirra is looking set to benefit from the experience he gained in his first season.
2/ My impression is the rehab group is more about being managed. JOM is looking magnificent and he gives the impression he wants to break the chains holding him back. He was very good with the AFL Academy boys last week and is a class act.

1/ The only negative is some players need to improve their disposal and/or don't seem to have improved. Th players are working hard so it's too early to attempt to provide an informed opinion. On the other hand Golds and Greaves are very good kicks and have shown some footy smarts and Mirra is looking set to benefit from the experience he gained in his first season.
2/ My impression is the rehab group is more about being managed. JOM is looking magnificent and he gives the impression he wants to break the chains holding him back. He was very good with the AFL Academy boys last week and is a class act.
Thanks mate. Good to hear. Amazed at how insightful you can be on the skills after only a few trainings. Greatly appreciated.

It definitely appears Jaeger is being managed with lighter and less intense preseasons according to this article in the Perth press.

Disposal is always iffy after the break, even into the season so there's not too much cause for concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love reading your reports hh, thank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back