Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lads, calling axeman out, any truth to these tom mitchell rumours ? I thought we weren't training. Confirm or deny broken leg?

Worst case scenarios...my life story
If it is a worst case scenario we have access to a top up player. Wonder how Sammy feels about putting the boots back on?

Lads, calling axeman out, any truth to these tom mitchell rumours ? I thought we weren't training. Confirm or deny broken leg?

Someone who was at training this morning called SEN to give an account of what happened
Confirmed it was Tom
Said it was lower leg
Said it didn’t look flash
Said in a round about fashion that you could of heard a pin drop after it happened

Barlow missed nearly 12 months both times.

Who else returned early from Worst Case Scenarios?

yes it happened, yes we were training
no we don't know how bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no mention of the ambulance on the hawthornfc page. any more news?

There's no mention of anything on the Hawthorfc page is there?

I’m absolutely gutted. Hoping like hell this isn’t as bad as it’s been made out to be. If it’s only puts him for 12 weeks he could be back somewhere between round 3-10. Either way hopefully Tich is doing well or as well as can be.

I’m absolutely gutted. Hoping like hell this isn’t as bad as it’s been made out to be. If it’s only puts him for 12 weeks he could be back somewhere between round 3-10. Either way hopefully Tich is doing well or as well as can be.

All the latest murmurings suggest its season over and to be honest that could be best case scenario.

Luckily, the amount of pain is not necessarily an indicator of how long the lay-off or how complex the break.

If it was, I would be worried. Tom was in agony. :'(

Let's wait for full scans and club statement before speculating his time out.

I'll leave the Mitchell injury for the other thread.

Some positive news though was that the entire list was accounted for this morning and some blokes really looked to have continued on from last year.

Scully, Birchall and Dimma(quad) - all being managed - did some handball/kicking drills and then they did some different running programs.

Wingard was out there, just gliding, making everything look easy. His touch and skills are A+.

Bruest, Sic, Jaeger, Isaac, Burger, Rough, Shiel, Pop.......they were all looking very polished.

Kosi is a big lad. I had him as a AIS ruckman/CHF just training with us, until I realised he was actually one of ours.

Sam was out there taking stoppage drills and still looks like he could play, although he's a slightly more chunky version of his playing days.

Wingard was out there, just gliding, making everything look easy. His touch and skills are A+.
This is good to hear. After today I reckon he'll be playing mostly in the midfield, if not entirely.

Sorry for the late report. Work got in the way.

Putting aside the Mitchell incident for now, it was a cracking day for a training session. It was great to be there with Abasi, Eldorado, houdinohuddo & Ordovician. The other observers have very nicely covered today's session but I will add my thoughts.

It was great to see Wingard in action. Very silky, tricky, quick, evasive, hitting targets under pressure. But that's enough about his Fortnite skills. Him and Impey seem to be inseparable.

Speaking of Impey I expect he will go up a notch or two this season. Looking very, very good.

Howe was prominent, showing aggression and making his presence felt in positive ways with and without the ball.

CJ is so quick. Always applying pressure at every possible opportunity, causing others to double take and fumble. If he can get to the required level with ball in hand he will really be something.

Greaves is an elite kick.

Scrimshaw is 100% a Birchall clone, even moves like him with the slight hunch. I like how he goes about it and have high hopes for him.

The unknown tall guy I believe is the son of our CEO, Justin Reeves. He is 208cm. Not sure why he is training with the team.

Awesome to see Birchall out there with no tape or strapping. Likewise for Scully. I won't be at all surprised if Scully plays early in the season.

I like the look of Will Golds. Goes in hard and can definitely play.

Jackson Ross kicked a beautiful running goal from the wing. He moves very nicely for a tall guy.

Unfotuantely the incident with Tom and the Ambulance on the ground brougt training to a virtual stop just as they were gearing up for some match sim so there is not much more to say today. Will have more next week.

Not much to say about what happened to Tom. It happened, he will recover and be back. We now have room for someone to step up. Howe, Worpel, Wingard, Jaegar, Cousins, Jones. It will be exciting to see how we handle this massive loss.

More from me next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back