Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking to one of the guys down the park where I walk my dog. His son played with Hardwick in the juniors (knows the parents as well). He was saying that Hardwick doesn't get the respect he deserves as an AFL player. Told him that we at Hawthorn rate him very highly. He couldn't speak more highly of him as a footballer and a person (said his parents are top notch as well). Reckons he could be something special and we haven't seen the best of him (should play in the midfield is his opinion).
Or forward where he regularly kicked big bags in the TAC

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks again Axeman for being our eyes and ears with these training reports. In your opinion who out of the youngsters do you think has a chance to make their debut this season (if any)?

Axeman? I had been misreading his name this whole time.

iu

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Or forward where he regularly kicked big bags in the TAC
Supposedly, from my source, in one game in the juniors he got slightly injured so they moved him forward and he kicked 18 in three quarters.....

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will Golds is very very intriguing Axe.

I was suprised he didn't get selected in the main draft let alone last until our 2nd rookie pick.

I guess the knock was his size but by all accounts he has a fantastic attitude to training and has really impressed.

You only have to look at a guy like Caleb Daniel to know these guys can make it.

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will Golds is very very intriguing Axe.

I was suprised he didn't get selected in the main draft let alone last until our 2nd rookie pick.

I guess the knock was his size but by all accounts he has a fantastic attitude to training and has really impressed.

You only have to look at a guy like Caleb Daniel to know these guys can make it.

Golds impressed me at training the other week.. just has the footy nous and physical capabilities to forge a career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t there some extended Parma vs Parmi argument on Bigfooty once (correct abbreviation/vernacular argument) ? Pretty sure there was. Stupid thread filled with STUPID people who say Parmi
I checked the australian parmigiana forum for opinions but they were too busy talking footy.

What the hell?

That's astonishing no matter the level or talent difference between the sides.

It's always the mid sized kids who do this sort of damage in those games. Looking at Hardwick, he was obviously too strong for the smalls and too quick for anyone who could match strength.

Absolute nightmare of a match up in the juniors.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cant wait to watch Hardwick go around again this year. Hits the 50 game mark early and is still a kid. Great pick up by the club.

Cant wait to watch Hardwick go around again this year. Hits the 50 game mark early and is still a kid. Great pick up by the club.
I would also think that having a below par finals series would be burning in him and spurring him on this year.

Wasn’t there some extended Parma vs Parmi argument on Bigfooty once (correct abbreviation/vernacular argument) ? Pretty sure there was. Stupid thread filled with STUPID people who say Parmi
tenor.gif

WHAT THE * IS A PARMI?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back