Gaming Axis Football 2018 - Coming to PS4/XB1

Remove this Banner Ad

From the comments section....

0:42 - Looks like untouched kick/punt returns are still an issue. That could have easily been a td.
0:56 - The announcer is so great in 2K5, shame that this game doesn't do him justice. It's not his fault.
0:56 - No pass rush at all. How can a football game be sold without such a critical, and basic element of football?
0:56 - The rb does an odd spin before blocking a defensive lineman...and since there's no pass rush, he handles this horrible mismatch completely. And the center and guard step up and block no one for whatever reason.
1:02 - You're just praying for a miracle when you throw the ball in this game. Wrs either don't, or rarely jump, and the zoomed out camera makes it hard to adjust to the ball. And how did the wr catch the ball?
1:07 - Yikes lol. This is not a $20. I would have a hard time paying $5 for this.
1:15 - Again, another prayer of a pass, it's just horrible looking. There's no skill being shown here, every pass in this game is a 50/50 ball.
1:30 - That could have easily been an untouched td. I know that was a problem with the past games, and it doesn't look like it's been fixed. And the wr blocking for him is atrocious. It looks like he sucks up 2 defenders at once.
1:35 - Post play is just a mess man lol.
1:43 - Despite no pressure at all, the qb scrambles, and then we see a silly tackle animation.
1:57 - The safety on the left side of the screen takes such a poor angle(runs out of bounds?) that he takes himself out of the play, allowing an easy td.
2:12 - Every fg is nearly blocked in this game.

This is their 4th year maybe? Yet so many things are so obviously wrong. I mean, this year 'wrs catching on the run' was highlighted in another vid, yet passing and catching are a complete mess in this game. These short clips are probably designed to mask the flaws, but they don't, and just imagine an entire game of this. Don't give me that 'small team' or 'you're a madden fanboy' bullshit, I'm not attacking the devs personally, as I appreciate their attempt. But this gameplay is so dated and shitty, and will never be the alternative that 'sim' gamers want. It's just a mess man, in every aspect. This is madden 92 sega genesis-ish quality gameplay, with ps2 graphics, yet they want $20 for this. This is just a bad game period, even for indie standards.

Or more succinctly...

As much as I hate to say it.... axis and maximum are s**t and Madden is way superior

But...it's all about this....

Show support for as many football titles as you can gentlemen. The future of football gaming depends on it. Nothing wrong with buying Madden they've made some decent adjustments this year. However, most of it believe it or not is because they're smart enough to see that competition is inevitable by 2023.

It's a big ask to expect gamers to literally take the big step back required & adopt these games. Yes, maybe these games will be snapping at Maddens heels in 5 or 10 years but there are only so many hours in a day, it's a struggle just to squeeze in madden, a couple tv series & a night out now & then.

I'll be leaving these for others to enjoy.

It's a big ask to expect gamers to literally take the big step back required & adopt these games. Yes, maybe these games will be snapping at Maddens heels in 5 or 10 years but there are only so many hours in a day, it's a struggle just to squeeze in madden, a couple tv series & a night out now & then.

I'll be leaving these for others to enjoy.
Axis and Maximum look pretty bad. But I'm willing to spend 20USD on each to support the cause. Tho I imagine I will end up having to buy Madden yet again to pursue rivalries with my BF friends in CFM :heart: and thus it will be the game I play the most (m19) even tho I WILL give those other two games a fair shake of the wrist.

Maximum will be only available via the PS or XB store...hopefully available to Australian accounts.
Axis if available on disc, will have to purchase from ebay USA as it won't be distributed to Australia.

Maximum potentially looking better than Axis.

In Maximum WRs and DBs actually interact and jump/dive for the ball in mid air. Players dive to make tackles. RBs stiff arm and can almost get brought to the ground but break tackles. Etc.

Got three modes of play too -- CFL, NFL, NCAA -- field dimensions and rules of the game.

Going by the gameplay videos shown in the Maximum thread -- the practice mode stuff being shown in the background while the Developer talks.

Maximum Football 2018 looks and plays soooooo much better than Axis Football 2018.

Axis is like a mobile game in comparison. Pretty embarrassing.

The developer for Maximum used to work at EA, and seems to show a lot more ability in developing a football game than the dudes at Axis.

I'm probably down to M19 and Maximum to purchase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back