Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

Rookie
Oct 3, 2006
Beuamaris
AFL Club
West Coast
We are the boys from old Beaumaris.........OH how sweet it is..here we come and we are hungry...go SHARKS!!!!

What a great win by the sharks, close game but we got through, looking forward to the derby this week against STBMT. Thats two in a row and will be three by next weekend

Oh PS What has happened to Sam Anstey's hair? No blonde tips?

May 11, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sharkbait, If you think you can get within a bull's roar of the tigers this weekend you are sadly mistaken.

If last year's Local Derby's were anything to go by against parkdale the Tigers will be fired right up and the added advantage of a trophy will make them even more hungrier, nothing better than filling the cabinet with some new silverware.

Anstey is going to do something if he wants to try and steal some attention of phibbs, both in super form at present.

fishburn

Rookie
May 6, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Sharkbait, If you think you can get within a bull's roar of the tigers this weekend you are sadly mistaken.

If last year's Local Derby's were anything to go by against parkdale the Tigers will be fired right up and the added advantage of a trophy will make them even more hungrier, nothing better than filling the cabinet with some new silverware.

Anstey is going to do something if he wants to try and steal some attention of phibbs, both in super form at present.
Didn't Barry Dawson write off SKOB in a similar vain a few weeks ago Tough as Nails ??? Take him on Rabs and Sharkbait !!! Take him on........

On other pressing matters - Is B Section heating up or what ???? No easy games at all, home or away, action aplenty and results that are matching the tight, competitive competition we are amongst.

Good for football I say

Brooksy01

Debutant
Jul 12, 2006
Mentone
AFL Club
Essendon

Have 2 agree with u there.... Tigers will win by 10 goals. Great to see the skipper back for the tigers Lukey Wintle!!! he will only get better with each game!

Sausage roll

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 27, 2007
At Khan's place
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Not Fremantle
You mean this photo Rabs? Parko is an icon on Big Footy, and I am not talking about David! He is the best coach ofthe Blacks in the last 20 yrs, nothing against Rizio, just fact. That may change if Rizio can take them to the promised land this year.
parkins.JPG

I am told by several sources that Blacks coach Anthony Parkin couldn't make it to the game on the weekend and look what happened...Blacks lost!!!

BrianSpeaking

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2007
@BigFootyBrian
AFL Club
St Kilda
Crisis at Old Melburnians
They are s h i t t i n g themselves at OMs. So much that Simon Theodore and Toby Roberts amongst others have come out of retirement to help the struggling outfit put enough wins on the board to avoid the dreaded double drop. Amazing to see them drop 40% after the thumping at the hands of St bedes. If not for them being lucky to play a SKOB outfit minus more than half of its team round 1, they would be in more than a Werribee duck. They are also focussed on a huge game this weekend in light of 'Lacey gate'. I am tipping some fisticuffs and an OMs upset.

entoure

Debutant
Apr 17, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
I hear beaumaris have been playing a few of their under 19 players
in the seniors. And this is why they are playing better.

entoure

Debutant
Apr 17, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Going by their game against OM's - not sure about Saturday - the record showed they had 9 U19's in the side i.e. nearly half their team.

Big Mac may confirm.

Interesting. This means that their under 19's will be very strong come September. As Beaumaris ( Seniors ) are unlikely to make the finals.

Hot Tip!

Rookie
Jul 6, 2006
bayside
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting. This means that their under 19's will be very strong come September. As Beaumaris ( Seniors ) are unlikely to make the finals.

their U/19's wont stand a chance against the juggernaut STBMT, the young blokes even got a mention in todays herald.

len_jet

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2006
Mernda
AFL Club
Carlton
their U/19's wont stand a chance against the juggernaut STBMT, the young blokes even got a mention in todays herald.

taking nothing away from their effort it is unbelievable to have a percentage of over 1000 let alone 1516 or what ever it is but lets be honest that bloke from the herald sun scrapes the barrel every day for jargon that is usually reserved for websites like Big Footy... actually I think he may have been reading the under 19's div 2 thread :p:D

rabs2000

Senior List
Feb 19, 2007
bentleigh
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sharks are playing the best available team ...as simple as that! Yeah we had a few unders in both games and they are in there on merit..and our unders are still undefeated..but we all know it is a long season...too long to ever see that Parko photot again so please...DONT put it up again!!!

Wouldnt it be great for the division if two schoolboy teams went down though?

Whatever happened to that Fitzroy red wannabe? Were we too harsh with him or what!

Good local game this week at Brindisis st......shame it is not really a ground....where does the CHF actually stand at that ground?

ANy tips on beating the bedes will be greatly received...

Hot Tip!

Rookie
Jul 6, 2006
bayside
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sharks are playing the best available team ...as simple as that! Yeah we had a few unders in both games and they are in there on merit..and our unders are still undefeated..but we all know it is a long season...too long to ever see that Parko photot again so please...DONT put it up again!!!

Whatever happened to that Fitzroy red wannabe? Were we too harsh with him or what!

Good local game this week at Brindisis st......shame it is not really a ground....where does the CHF actually stand at that ground?

The only chance you have of getting within 5-6 goals of them would be with a big fat bribe, and i think the boys would take the satisfaction of beating beauy than any coin!

Truth Hurts

Senior List
Mar 28, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
The only chance you have of getting within 5-6 goals of them would be with a big fat bribe, and i think the boys would take the satisfaction of beating beauy than any coin!

Looks like the tigers will be doing it without Sam Anstey who has a suspected broken nose,

Is this confirmed?

I happened to drive past their ground tonight and no-one was training, unless it was a short session.

Sausage roll

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 27, 2007
At Khan's place
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Not Fremantle
Crisis at Old Melburnians
They are s h i t t i n g themselves at OMs. So much that Simon Theodore and Toby Roberts amongst others have come out of retirement to help the struggling outfit put enough wins on the board to avoid the dreaded double drop. Amazing to see them drop 40% after the thumping at the hands of St bedes. If not for them being lucky to play a SKOB outfit minus more than half of its team round 1, they would be in more than a Werribee duck. They are also focussed on a huge game this weekend in light of 'Lacey gate'. I am tipping some fisticuffs and an OMs upset.

Can confirm Brian's ramblings. Om's filfy about off season happenings with the Blacks( lacy and others!) and are planning a very, very hostile reception. Also, several guns coming out of retirement to avoid C grade.
Interesting to note, that Fly isn't updating the website with his ramblings so quickly after a loss. Got a little excited after first two games

Should be well worth watching the fight, sorry, game on the weekend.

freddiefenster

Debutant
Jul 13, 2005
Other Teams
Kobayashi

Rabs how good is this, we AGREE on something!!!! Still think you're in line for the drop if Caulfield can lift though....

As I've noted on another thread, full credit to the Bogans for the depth in their playing list, junior program, professionalism and off-field structure, but the fact remains as good as the facilities may be, the ground itself at Brindsi St is fit for u/16 football at the very best. Far too small for senior football, and with the potholes everywhere it's like Cows spend some time on it during the week.

Is there anywhere they can move if/when they reach A-Grade?

Surly23

Senior List
Jul 28, 2006
Moon
AFL Club
Sydney
Rabs how good is this, we AGREE on something!!!! Still think you're in line for the drop if Caulfield can lift though....

As I've noted on another thread, full credit to the Bogans for the depth in their playing list, junior program, professionalism and off-field structure, but the fact remains as good as the facilities may be, the ground itself at Brindsi St is fit for u/16 football at the very best. Far too small for senior football, and with the potholes everywhere it's like Cows spend some time on it during the week.

Is there anywhere they can move if/when they reach A-Grade?

Moorabbin looks like it will be available!!

peter griffen

Debutant
May 29, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
moorabbin should be seriously considered by a few teams in the upper grades of the ammo's, if saints leave surely some team will snap it up, far too good to be left sitting there. the bogans or even skob could look at it as a new home, although i think they love the fact every1 hates their grounds, gives them a real home advantage

Cardio Carl

Cancelled
Jan 24, 2007
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
moorabbin should be seriously considered by a few teams in the upper grades of the ammo's, if saints leave surely some team will snap it up, far too good to be left sitting there. the bogans or even skob could look at it as a new home, although i think they love the fact every1 hates their grounds, gives them a real home advantage

Lets not get excited boys - Saints ain't moving, it is just a media ploy by the CEO to get the council to approve their pokies transfer before they have to go to Gaming & Licence tribunal. If they do this then the tribunal cannot take away any machines.

Classic media statement.."we are out of here.".."had a gutful"...."seek alternative venues" .....and then state they are going to keep paying their lease for next 30 years, keep the social club and maybe train there once a month...come on Archie, who ya kidding?

peter griffen

Debutant
May 29, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
interesting looking at the vfl players released for rnd 5 when the vfl had the bye, seems st.bedes and skobs have a number of players playing for vfl clubs. with st bedes 19's dominating and st kevs school team supposedly having a good crop of youngsters the future is looking good for these clubs. any1 know anything about the vfl players from these clubs, likely to return in yrs to come or chase coin elsewhere? could be handy if they get em back

BrianSpeaking

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2007
@BigFootyBrian
AFL Club
St Kilda
interesting looking at the vfl players released for rnd 5 when the vfl had the bye, seems st.bedes and skobs have a number of players playing for vfl clubs. with st bedes 19's dominating and st kevs school team supposedly having a good crop of youngsters the future is looking good for these clubs. any1 know anything about the vfl players from these clubs, likely to return in yrs to come or chase coin elsewhere? could be handy if they get em back
Peter, welcome. St Bedes are the next Old Xavs, they are a fantastically run club with strong juniors all the way down to under 9s, with 100 or so Auskick kids.
As far as the VFL players go, its interesting to note that all of SKOBs players bar Hamish Townsend are lads that came through the school and played at SKOB last year, bar Simpson who played there 2 years ago. None are ring ins so I expect that all will head back once they feel they have had a crack. They are all ripping lads and not the type that would sell their soul, in fact I suspect Dowd would have been SKOB captain if he had stayed full time, and I expect he and Simmo will fill the leadership core in the next 10 years. The school has some absolute gun players, I expect Newman to be first rover at the old boys next year, with Kennedy and McCarthy as well as Chivers and Tamourides walk up Senior players.
Also note that L Newton has only played 1 game so far, against St Bedes when SKOB rolled them by 5 goals...superstar!
As far as St Bedes heading to Moorabbin, no way! There social rooms are sensational and they have a massive home ground advantage. Likewise for SKOB, with Stonningon committing to developing Righetti, the future at the Rat CAge looks secure and it will be a great Ammo footy cauldron...good luck to any teams looking to beat SKOB there.

Monkeyboy

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 26, 2006
Camberwell
AFL Club
Carlton
Peter, welcome. St Bedes are the next Old Xavs, they are a fantastically run club with strong juniors all the way down to under 9s, with 100 or so Auskick kids.
As far as the VFL players go, its interesting to note that all of SKOBs players bar Hamish Townsend are lads that came through the school and played at SKOB last year, bar Simpson who played there 2 years ago. None are ring ins so I expect that all will head back once they feel they have had a crack. They are all ripping lads and not the type that would sell their soul, in fact I suspect Dowd would have been SKOB captain if he had stayed full time, and I expect he and Simmo will fill the leadership core in the next 10 years. The school has some absolute gun players, I expect Newman to be first rover at the old boys next year, with Kennedy and McCarthy as well as Chivers and Tamourides walk up Senior players.
Also note that L Newton has only played 1 game so far, against St Bedes when SKOB rolled them by 5 goals...superstar!
As far as St Bedes heading to Moorabbin, no way! There social rooms are sensational and they have a massive home ground advantage. Likewise for SKOB, with Stonningon committing to developing Righetti, the future at the Rat CAge looks secure and it will be a great Ammo footy cauldron...good luck to any teams looking to beat SKOB there.

Yeah. Xavs will really struggle against there whipping boys. Nice one BS.

peter griffen

Debutant
May 29, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
so the future looks bright for these clubs, good to hear.
in regards to moorabbin just thought the vafa wouldnt mind one of these clubs having a dip at it, seeing as they are likely to be hanging around A and B sections in years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back