B Smith v S Walsh

B Smith v S Walsh

• B Smith

• S Walsh

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bizarre reaction.

If you don't like being called out for flipping your approach due to bias maybe don't do it next time. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

ok mr bigfooty police.

should I run my thoughts and observations through you first in the future?

Reckon we see Butters Rozee and Thomas overtake Smith this year as well. They have far more composure with the footy and actually want to defend - although Thomas is a bit suss with that at times.

Walsh
Butters
Kings
Thomas
Rozee
Lukosious
Smith

Thats what I reckon the redraft will look like come end of the season

Smith had a few ''incidents''.

The critical Smith fumble in the 3rd qtr where he didn't get behind or body the ball and Harmes ran through the contest to deliver to Fritsh. This was the turning point in the match.

On the outer wing/high hff there was a 50/50 ground ball with Salem in the 4th qtr. Salem went low and hard and Smith, who arrived at the same time, didn't compete. He avoided the contest, while Salem ran off at speed. Smith gave up the chase having moments before been in the same contest.

In the Dogs forward-line in the last quarter there was another disputed 50/50 ground-ball. Langdon wanted it more than Smith and not only did he hit the contest at speed, while Smith watched on, Langdon sprinted away while Smith literally jogged after him with no urgency whatsoever.

Smith may have ice in his veins but he'd be better off with some red blooded urgency.

I appreciate that I'm more familiar with these incidents than Dogs supporters, who I suspect are relying on a single memory of the game.

I can't believe he's still beating Walsh in this poll. Smith had an ordinary first half of the year and is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league based on output. He kicked 9 goals from 22 games in the season proper.

Perhaps the commentary on rozee was harsh if thatā€™s the level of scrutiny.

I look forward to every player being held to account the same way for every single moment of every game. History is written by the victor

Perhaps the commentary on rozee was harsh if thatā€™s the level of scrutiny.

I look forward to every player being held to account the same way for every single moment of every game. History is written by the victor
It's only fair given all the pin pointing at individual highlights of Smith as a measure of his overall output.

Before the finals dogs players were shouting to the heavens about how he needs to he dropped because his defensive efforts are far too often pathetic.

Although Rozee has his own issues as a player all three of Duursma, Rozee and Butters apply consistent defensive effort.

Something which Smith seems disinterested in doing as he's more focused on his celebrity status and doing the flashy things in game.

Smith didnā€™t have his best game in the grand final, but it was not his worst either. And it certainly did not diminish what smith did in the semi and prelim. Only one of those games we were ā€œembarrassingā€ the opposition by the way. In the gf we got beaten on the day by a better side and most are at peace with that. Well done.

Rozee during the prelim backed out of multiple contests and fumbled under pressure constantly, which is what I was alluding to.
congrats on the gf win. Iā€™m not sure what else you want me to say?

so far weā€™ve heard Daniel big manning Gawn, Petracca going beast mode, and this innocuous whatever smith did as the thing that turned the game. I appreciate you will just talk down to whatever I say from here so I wish you all the best.
You would in a heartbeat.

how many times did rozee sh*t himself in the prelim?

Yeah nah your boy Smith squibbed it in one of the biggest games of the year on the biggest stage. It was there to everyone to see. Got showed out to what a complete fraud he is.

Everyone will remember Smith putting in soft piss weak efforts on grand final day then someone on a preliminary final.

Just ask Leon Davis 2002.

Yeah nah your boy Smith squibbed it in one of the biggest games of the year on the biggest stage. It was there to everyone to see. Got showed out to what a complete fraud he is.

Everyone will remember Smith putting in soft piss weak efforts on grand final day then someone on a preliminary final.

Just ask Leon Davis 2002.

As opposed to all Walshs great final games

Walsh clearly the better player and I donā€™t realistically see that changing.

That being said Smith really hasnā€™t had a chance to play as genuine mid like Walsh so the difference between the two may not be as large as some think.

Back