Unsolved Baby found dead on Gold Coast beach

Remove this Banner Ad

This is absolutely horrendous, the baby wasn't even reported as missing.

The nine-month-old was found unresponsive on the shoreline at Surfers Paradise beach at 12.30am yesterday. Police believe she had been in the water at some point and say she did not have any visible injuries.

The baby's 48-year-old father and 23-year-old mother, who are known to police, were located in a park in the neighbouring town of Broadbeach and face questioning.

It's believed they had previously been staying in the Tweed Heads area, just over the New South Wales border, and had recently relocated to the Gold Coast.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/11/19/05/35/infant-dead-surfers-paradise-beach-gold-coast

Today it was revealed the couple were homeless and had been living in various parks and sand dunes. Concerns for the couple's children had been raised to the authorities including the council who replied to one written complaint that it wasn't council's problem.

Homicide are investigating, no charges as yet.

This is disgusting.

If the couple were known to police & were known to be homeless with a 4yr old & 9 month infant, how in the hell did authorities at some level not intervene & take the kids from them??

What a horrendous & tragic outcome.
Two words ‘Stolen Generation’. It’s why the authorities are too scared to step in in remote communities as well.

Two words ‘Stolen Generation’. It’s why the authorities are too scared to step in in remote communities as well.

There's calls for an inquiry already people who tried to raise their concerns prior are making a lot of noise and quite right too, so that element might be explored.

NSW police have taken over, the baby was thrown into the water at Tweed Heads and she drifted. She was murdered, it's horrific.

There's calls for an inquiry already people who tried to raise their concerns prior are making a lot of noise and quite right too, so that element might be explored.

NSW police have taken over, the baby was thrown into the water at Tweed Heads and she drifted. She was murdered, it's horrific.
I heard that yesterday about being in the water at Tweed Heads and drifting to Broadbeach. That has to be approximately 20kms minimum.

The father's been charged, the mother has no charges and has been released into the care of a mental health facility. Why would the press say this? "The girl's mother, a privately-educated Victorian woman 25 years his junior, has not been charged." Is that their way of implying she's white?

pretty obvious, people of very low intelligence and mental problems can't look after themselves how the heck do people expect them to look after a new born. the baby never had a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty obvious, people of very low intelligence and mental problems can't look after themselves how the heck do people expect them to look after a new born. the baby never had a chance

How did all go so horribly tragically wrong for her? Some information coming out on the Mum.

Ms Mendes grew up in Lara and graduated from Clonard College Geelong in 2013.

The gifted student was a sport captain, participating in various school teams, and won a singing talent quest, according to college newsletters.

Ms Mendes began studying a bachelor of psychological science Deakin University, according to her Facebook profile.

She met the baby’s father in Victoria and they moved to Mackay, Queensland, before moving on, The Australian reported.

https://geelongindy.com.au/news/22-11-2018/lara-woman-linked-to-baby-sacrifice/

This is really hard to read, I don't even want to paste it in here having not quite got my head around it yet. Explains why the mother hasn't been charged and expands further on the circumstances.

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/fathe...g/news-story/9d12ba6fb13928cd2884533116c2cd2c
Aboriginal culture:

"The Aboriginal women and men who spent time with the homeless family told The Australian the 47-year-old father-of-two “sung” his young love interest.

Edy Johnson, 53, a woman who lives at Jack Evans Boat Harbour in Tweed Heads, on the New South Wales and Queensland border, said being “sung” to means you can’t move on past the relationship.

“They can put a song in that person’s head and it makes them come back to that person that sung them,” she told the newspaper.

“Once you are sung, you can’t get out of that relationship and that’s what happened here.
"

Should not be a part of modern Australian society.
What is the modern Australian Feminist view on this?
All I hear is silence.

Last edited:
All I hear is silence

Tbh I hadn't really thought about it from a feminist viewpoint. I'm thinking about mental illness and the vulnerabilities to infection of radical ideology. The reasons stated as to why the baby was killed.

Aboriginal culture:

"The Aboriginal women and men who spent time with the homeless family told The Australian the 47-year-old father-of-two “sung” his young love interest.

Edy Johnson, 53, a woman who lives at Jack Evans Boat Harbour in Tweed Heads, on the New South Wales and Queensland border, said being “sung” to means you can’t move on past the relationship.

“They can put a song in that person’s head and it makes them come back to that person that sung them,” she told the newspaper.

“Once you are sung, you can’t get out of that relationship and that’s what happened here.
"

All I hear is silence.

It just sounds like a cultural explanation for the noticeable pattern that abusive relationships have, presumably pre-dating the identification of the pattern by the medical community. I'm afraid you're going to have to spell out for me why it's such a horrible thing.

Regardless, a terrible crime. Psychiatric reports will be interesting, review of DCP's role (or lack thereof) likely to be damning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back