Babylon 5 - Reboot happening.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
For those who are fans of the awesome 90's show, which was a huge influence on stuff that came after it, looks like a reboot is coming. With JMS involved I have hope it won't be crap!

Personally I would have preferred some of the original series leftover story threads get some air time but I can understand the thinking why.

Interceptor

All Australian
Aug 20, 2009
London, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I would have preferred a reboot of Crusade (sequel series to B5), but maybe they'll eventually get to that.
As long as CW network give JMS a proper budget and creative control, it may turn out okay.

They'll have their work cut out matching the original cast though, which was a significant part of the show's quality.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I would have preferred a reboot of Crusade (sequel series to B5), but maybe they'll eventually get to that.
As long as CW network give JMS a proper budget and creative control, it may turn out okay.

They'll have their work cut out matching the original cast though, which was a significant part of the show's quality.
Yeah that would have been awesome seeing the mess the network made of that!

Good point about the cast, was one of the things that made it awesome, sad to think how many of them aren't with us anymore.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't know what to make of this. I loved Babylon 5, but not sure I have an interest in the same story being told again. That said, I am assuming he will update some story beats and plots, and not just remake the original with different actors. Also, with the mess that was cramming everything into season 4 because he thought they were about the be cancelled and then cobbling together a season 5, maybe he also plans to structure it better.

The technology is also much improved.

Could go either way.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I don't know what to make of this. I loved Babylon 5, but not sure I have an interest in the same story being told again. That said, I am assuming he will update some story beats and plots, and not just remake the original with different actors. Also, with the mess that was cramming everything into season 4 because he thought they were about the be cancelled and then cobbling together a season 5, maybe he also plans to structure it better.

The technology is also much improved.

Could go either way.
I'm 100% going to give it a go and hope it's good

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm 100% going to give it a go and hope it's good
Thinking about it, there would be some significant changes. I can't imagine they would do 22-episode seasons again, more like 10-13, so the story would be more succinct and with less filler. Then he could also fix the unexpected changes, like Michael O'Hare's departure, so it will automatically depart from the original run. I will definitely be giving it a go.

Interceptor

All Australian
Aug 20, 2009
London, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Jesus I didn't realise Mira Furlan had passed as well! Bloody hell who is left now? Bruce and Claudia and that's about it!
I assumed Jerry Doyle would still be around, but no he died 5 years ago at ago 60.
Didn't realise he was briefly married to Andrea Thompson who is still alive, as are the other telepaths: Walter Koenig and Praticia Tallman.

Londo (Peter Jurasik) is still going as well.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I assumed Jerry Doyle would still be around, but no he died 5 years ago at ago 60.
Didn't realise he was briefly married to Andrea Thompson who is still alive, as are the other telepaths: Walter Koenig and Praticia Tallman.

Londo (Peter Jurasik) is still going as well.

Yeah believe they were married whilst working on B5 together.

Ah good old Londo one of the best characters in any show ever.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thinking about it, there would be some significant changes. I can't imagine they would do 22-episode seasons again, more like 10-13, so the story would be more succinct and with less filler. Then he could also fix the unexpected changes, like Michael O'Hare's departure, so it will automatically depart from the original run. I will definitely be giving it a go.
You need to remember it's a reboot not a remake, characters and story lines are likely to change a little. Look at what they did to Battlestar Galactica, they even gender-flipped one of the main characters.

Back