Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
HE was left home to look after his little half-sister, 5. Instead, US boy Armstrong Desvallons, 13, beat her to death practising WWE wrestling moves he had seen performed on TV.

Read full story here: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...-using-wwe-moves/story-fnixwvgh-1226781147027

Really sad!

1. A 13 year old is old enough to realize what he is doing is wrong. What a ******* moron.

2. WWE should not get the blame for this since they are just a company in a wrestling industry. I think it's quite pathetic that the media seem to blame WWE for every incident.

3. Even though it's out of WWE's control they clearly send out a message during every show. "Please Don't try this at Home,School or anywhere".

Thoughts??

This probably happens quite a bit. Looking back, from ages 8-14 my brother, some mates and I would always "wrestle". Involved a busted nose from a Pedigree, broken ankle from a botched A-Bomb, and a lot of bruises. I thought it was a normal thing that happened with other guys.

But for him to do this to his little 5 year old sister, he knew what he was doing was wrong and would hurt her. I don't know why he would do it, power trip?

I haven't actually watched WWE for about 5 years, but I remember in every PPV, every Raw, every Smackdown, every ECW (what a ******* joke) they would always have the "Please do not try this at home" message. From a legal standpoint WWE would be in the clear if someone tried to sue.

As for the blame on WWE, it's quite simple. The boy said he was imitating Mark Henry and John Cena, both WWE superstars. He had learnt the moves watching it on TV, which is highly likely WWE. As the biggest brand in wrestling, they're going to cop the blame. Unfair? Certainly. But it's always going to happen, it's the price of being the biggest company.

He should be sentenced for a lot longer than three years. He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he did it.

He killed someone. The person he killed has missed out on potentially 80+ years. The murderer should be locked away for life.

Yeah a 13 year old is old enough to know what he's doing. I started watching wrestling when I was 4, but I never even thought of doing something as stupid as this. He elbowed her in the stomach about 20 times??? ******* brutal. If he had some sort of mental disability then it's a different story as to why he did it, but his parents put him as the sitter of his sister for the night, so clearly he didn't have a disability that made vulnerable to himself and others.

3 years is nothing compared to the 'life sentence' that his sister received.

Used to powerbomb the s**t out of my sister when she was a kid. Was great fun. Got a busted nose from a mate doing his version of a pedigree.

Good times.

HAHA your poor sister LOL! I hope it was at least on a soft surface?
I remember as a kid me and my friends would wrestle on the trampoline. We also used to hang title belts on the clothesline and have ladder matches lol. We used to make our own titantrons and put on theme songs etc... Fun times!

HAHA your poor sister LOL! I hope it was at least on a soft surface?
I remember as a kid me and my friends would wrestle on the trampoline. We also used to hang title belts on the clothesline and have ladder matches lol. We used to make our own titantrons and put on theme songs etc... Fun times!

Yeah man was on the bid with blankets and pillows and s**t, soft as. She loved it, thought it was hilarious. We werent exactly being carefull either, slamming her down pretty hard :p

John Cena slam? What the hell is that?

I know right?? Maybe these 'journalist' need to do some research before they write an article. Mainstream media has always attacked WWE for issues that don't even involve the company.

I used to wrestle with a mate, gave him a supeplex once. Didn't work out too well, he ended up having a very sore back for a few days. I think that's when I stopped trying to imitate Chris Benoit.

Anyways, this is really sad. I don't watch WWE on Foxtel anymore, I usually just download it and most downloads have bits clipped out of it. I'm still sure they do show 'DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME' - I think it includes a lot more than that actually. Sad that a 13 year old can't gather that you don't practice moves unless you know what you're doing, let alone on a damn 5 year old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to wrestle with a mate, gave him a supeplex once. Didn't work out too well, he ended up having a very sore back for a few days. I think that's when I stopped trying to imitate Chris Benoit.

Anyways, this is really sad. I don't watch WWE on Foxtel anymore, I usually just download it and most downloads have bits clipped out of it. I'm still sure they do show 'DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME' - I think it includes a lot more than that actually. Sad that a 13 year old can't gather that you don't practice moves unless you know what you're doing, let alone on a damn 5 year old.

Yep they still have that message during every WWE show. There have been more cases of deaths due to kids using wrestling moves on each other. To use wrestling moves on a defenseless little girl is a cowardly act. It would have been different if the boy was the same age as her, but he was 8 years older than her. What a ******* idiot!!!

Yep they still have that message during every WWE show. There have been more cases of deaths due to kids using wrestling moves on each other. To use wrestling moves on a defenseless little girl is a cowardly act. It would have been different if the boy was the same age as her, but he was 8 years older than her. What a ******* idiot!!!

Do you know what the current message is? From what I can remember they changed it just to words and no video footage of the 'superstars' getting injured. I'd love to see research about how many kids have been hurt/killed since (if) the WWE has changed from the video to just words.

Do you know what the current message is? From what I can remember they changed it just to words and no video footage of the 'superstars' getting injured. I'd love to see research about how many kids have been hurt/killed since (if) the WWE has changed from the video to just words.

The slogan these days is "Please don't try this at home school or anywhere". They still show the wrestlers getting injured in their ads.

Here's a recent video:

The slogan these days is "Please don't try this at home school or anywhere". They still show the wrestlers getting injured in their ads.

Here's a recent video:

They should have stuck with the old one. I still remember it somehow.

Bodies have been bruised. "How do you learn to fall off a 20 foot ladder?" "He may have been broken in half!" "I thought he might have been, knocked out..." "Dislocated my right shoulder." "Think I broke my tailbone." Necks broken. "I fractured a bone, fragmented into my spinal column." Careers ended in an instant. This is entertainment, but the hazards are real. "How's he even able to stand, is what I want to know." "Trainers, EMT's, referees down." No matter who you are, whatever you do, please. Don't try this at home.

Glad you stopped there.

Just remembered I legit DDT'd a kid once. Playing football and he somehow ended up with his head in between my arms. So I did the natural thing, lent back, fell down and drove his head into the ground. Poor bastard got up in tears holding his back in pain. I feel so bad for it now :(

You can all the warning messages in the world, but unfortunately there will always be a percentage of people who wilfully ignore them and end up creating problems.
Even if the boy had never seen the warning, he should have still realised he was in the process of seriously injuring a 5 yr old.

You can all the warning messages in the world, but unfortunately there will always be a percentage of people who wilfully ignore them and end up creating problems.
Even if the boy had never seen the warning, he should have still realised he was in the process of seriously injuring a 5 yr old.

Agree. The messages could stop a lot of people from performing these moves on each other, but there would always be those who don't listen to the message and by doing that, they'll end up seriously injuring someone down the track. Though for a 13 year old boy to beat on a defenseless little 5 year old girl is cold! Like I said before, 3 years is nothing compared to the life sentence that the little girl received! :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back