Bachar Houli & Adam Saad Friday night MCG response to Senator Anning speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a footballer stating that he agrees with anning would have your full support in using sport as a platform?
Actually, I think it would be interesting to know which footballers support a full on racist nutter politician.

I have no issue with this, but why hijack an entire sporting event to do it? Their profiles as AFL players would have ensured they would have received news coverage if the two of them had decided to make some commentary about an issue, but no, they had to hijack the stage of a sporting event in order to give the impression that they have universal consensus for their political stance. They also hide their convictions behind club loyalties when they do things this way. It's inappropriate, unless you actually believe people are tuning in to a football match for political gestures.
Hijacked? Did they force you to eat a kebab or something? Oh some Muslims are going to toss the coin! The humanity!

The thread has hit peak stupid right here.

Mike Brady put it in perspective:

Well you work to earn a living
But on weekends comes the time
You can do what ever turns you on

Get out and clear your mind
Me, I like football
But there's a lot of things around

When you line them up together
The footy wins hands down

It's a public forum, where a lot of people are watching.

I'm all for the AFL approving doing a 'f####ck you' to a racist.

If people still want to vote for the racist, that's ok. That's a free country and democracy. It's also a free country for the AFL.

Seriously - this guy got 19 votes. If he gets 1 vote next time, I think it's OK to name those people. (We already know who most of them are - at least we know who the media voices are).

Disagree. Are Houli and Saad actually anti-discrimination all the time, or just when it suits THEM?

The answer to that question goes a long way to determining if they're full of it, I think.

Certainly to some degree their protest (or whatever it could be called) threatens to be laughable anyway. AFL-sanctioned standing-near-coin-toss, give me a break. Go big or go home.
Is that you Robbo?

Hiding your racism behind your rubbish arguments?

Or do you only question others beliefs some of the time, when it suits YOU?

To answer that question you are laughable anyway- go home

So tonight's game is the platform. Social media is another for disseminating views and messages, reprehensible, tolerant or otherwise. How the message is perceived is in the eyes of the recipient. Some saying football has no place for these types of messages. Fact remains that there are a multitude of forums for which sensitive views are expressed. Whether you like it or not, you have your own internal compass to decide whether you support it or not, and you have the power to decide if you want to hear, see or discuss those topics.

as much as what Senator Anning said is a disgrace, people on both sides of the political spectrum need to be careful taking the moral high ground on social issues and inclusiveness.

Ask any public figure who happens to be muslim how they voted on gay marriage.

in conclusion, im for all an Australia for all people. we have a long way to go to equally respect each other.
No way am I respecting an Essendon supporter equally with others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No arguments? No refutation of the facts? Of course not. I am very accustomed to personal putdowns for daring to point out feminist hypocrisy or supporting men in any area of life. It's feminist men who can't get laid-do a bit of research. Girls will tell you all their woes and invite you to their sleepovers and parties but that's as far as it will go, Bardo.;)

You're a very troubled man. I hope you can learn to be less angry.

Explain to me why educational institutions-primary and secondary schools are very clear that they will not tolerate teachers imparting their personal political or religious views to the children in their care? I am sure many teachers think they could happily justify doing just that because their views are the right ones. Do you not see the danger is such an attitude in our schools? Why should the CEO of a sporting competition have the power to decide what is good for us and what isn't? As I said before-you'd all be squealing if the AFL had promoted Howard's/Abbott's "Stop the boats!" Outrage. Disgraceful! Promoting racism and hatred! Blah blah blah.
Because I want my politics to win and I want yours to lose - especially if your politics is about minimising phrases like “final solution” in relation to immigration. I have no issue with being “subjective”.

:)

Oh dear. Let me explain. At the moment a woman can become pregnant and the state immediately asks her who the father was. Once his name is on a bit of paper he is financially responsible for the child for the next eighteen years. This is regardless of the fact that the very same man who is the father of the child has absolutely no say as to whether his girlfriend or wife will keep or kill the baby. So apparently the abortion is none of his business even though he desperately wants the child but if she wants it-he has to support it for 18 years even if he didn't want it!
Educate yourself.
https://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-c...o-pay-child-support-for-an-unwanted-baby.html
Maybe you should read section 107 of the Child Support Assesment Act

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/cth/consol_act/csa1989294/s107.html

You dimwit

Oh - you are the father? Then don’t go around f**king people. Guess what when you f*** someone they CAN get pregnant

Last edited:
Is that you Robbo?

Hiding your racism behind your rubbish arguments?

Or do you only question others beliefs some of the time, when it suits YOU?

To answer that question you are laughable anyway- go home
First time anybody has ever leveled such accusations at me (in person or online) before. Forgive me if I think you're just using the R-word for point scoring all because I hurt your feelings in another (totally unrelated) thread. Petty, very petty.

No arguments? No refutation of the facts? Of course not. I am very accustomed to personal putdowns for daring to point out feminist hypocrisy or supporting men in any area of life. It's feminist men who can't get laid-do a bit of research. Girls will tell you all their woes and invite you to their sleepovers and parties but that's as far as it will go, Bardo.;)

I am not sure of much as a result of this thread but one thing is loud and clear (as opposed to your posting which is mostly loud and incoherent). You are a pretty troubled individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back