Mega Thread Bachar Houli has been reported for this incident with Jed Lamb

How many weeks should Bachar Houli get for striking Jed Lamb?

• 1 week

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 44 8.4%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 130 24.9%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 332 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Careless - not looking & based on Houli's history I'd say he did not intend to whack him in the head
High contact - obviously
High impact - knocked him out, so at least high

3 down to 2.

If Lamb has a broken jaw or something, could be severe impact and straight to the tribunal but unlikely in my opinion.
Nah. Off the ball and swings his arm back so I don't see that being careless. Deliberate action to swing the arm.

I'd say the medical report will determine impact but I'd guess medium. Still ends up 3 down to 2 haha but should be more.

What did Vickery get when he knocked out Cox shot Bambi? Whatever that was seems like a similar action.
FTFY

Should be at least 2 including reductions. Tribunal and 4 down to 3 I wouldn't be surprised with

Don't know if he meant to get him in the head, but it doesn't really matter - if you swing a fist without looking its something you risk doing. High Contact, at least high impact. Who knows what the MRP will see in their tea leaves this week.

Surely knocking a player out like that would be high impact? Whether it's graded as intentional is certainly up for debate, but the impact must be high.
I wasn't sure medium or high because Ive only just seen that footage. you're right though it probably will be high, particularly because the elbow throw is very dangerous (potential to cause injury).

So high, high, careless. That's 3 down to 2 I think.

Nah. Off the ball and swings his arm back so I don't see that being careless. Deliberate action to swing the arm.

I'd say the medical report will determine impact but I'd guess medium. Still ends up 3 down to 2 haha but should be more.

Intentional is quite rare. There has to be intention to actually strike the player in the face, not just carelessly throw a punch and have it go high. What got the Tomahawk was that he was facing the player.

That's my understanding. Could be wrong though.

While this might be out of character for Houli it was a weak act and should be referred straight to the tribunal. Not sure how to can be unintentional. He swung his arm with the intention of hitting Lamb and he struck with enough force to knock Lamb unconscious before he hit the ground.

Back