Bachar Houli on AFL game day

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbed. Dusty mostly mopped up when the game shifted to Richmond's favour. Houli was the best Tiger in the first half when Adelaide could have gotten away from them.
and the umps bought the fairytale on us too, we got lucky like West Coast at Subi in 2015 prelim eh Snake_Baker

c6ba7b2ad4a74446de41ce3061a4ea48

The main board is not a place to derail a thread towards religion, nor is it a place to hurl a tirade of abuse between posters.

Take the religion to the SRP board, leave the footy discussion for the main board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heat of the moment isn't actually a defense against assault, you realise that right?

"Hey I killed my wife, but it happened in a brief few hundredths of a second without time to contemplate my actions so its ok"

Based on this, Chris Judd should not get any recognition because he was a dirty thug.

A lot of people exposing themselves as simply not watching enough footy to comment.

It seems that much like the Melbourne Cup, Australian Open, Grand Prix (insert any big sporting event held in Australia, etc.) - people show up in their droves as experts on the sport for one day per calendar year.

Houli has been capable of performances like that for years now. To be frank, he has been one of the better HBF players in the league since moving over to Richmond. Sure, it was one of his better games (and on the big stage), but to say things like "performed like we didn't know he was capable of" is simply ignorant.

Played great on Saturday and would have been a worthy winner of the medal.

Houli had been capable of being BOG in grand finals for years now?

Were you pushing the 'Bachar Houli can dominate grand finals' bandwagon for some time now and I've missed it?

Like you said, he produced one of his best games and in a Grand Final. Unless you show me your prediction that Houli would dominate off half back in the gf, you are in the same boat as those who didn't know he could do it.

Houli had been capable of being BOG in grand finals for years now?

Were you pushing the 'Bachar Houli can dominate grand finals' bandwagon for some time now and I've missed it?

Like you said, he produced one of his best games and in a Grand Final. Unless you show me your prediction that Houli would dominate off half back in the gf, you are in the same boat as those who didn't know he could do it.
He's been capable of playing to the level he did and being BOG for years now, yes.

People have been saying they didn't know he could play that well - it is obvious to anyone who has been watching, as he has played many games to that level (albeit not in grand finals). Trying to compare that to me "not predicting" that he would dominate a grand final is a tad ridiculous.

Idiotic response.

He's been capable of playing to the level he did and being BOG for years now, yes.

People have been saying they didn't know he could play that well - it is obvious to anyone who has been watching, as he has played many games to that level (albeit not in grand finals). Trying to compare that to me "not predicting" that he would dominate a grand final is a tad ridiculous.

Idiotic response.

I find it funny how you are capable of making the distinction between Bachar Houli playing good footy and the fact he did it on grand final day in your post but you can't process that this very distinction is what people are surprised about.

I would say the same thing about Eddie betts if he had a 5 goal game on grand final day.. 'I didn't know he was capable of producing that' yes I watch enough footy to know Eddie can kick 5 goals in a game, but it's the very distinction you made which makes all the difference.

Matthew Wright is 100% capable of producing a 27 disposal 2 goal game but I would be surprised if he could produce it on grand final as would a lot of other people. Can you see the difference?

I find it funny how you are capable of making the distinction between Bachar Houli playing good footy and the fact he did it on grand final day in your post but you can't process that this very distinction is what people are surprised about.

I would say the same thing about Eddie betts if he had a 5 goal game on grand final day.. 'I didn't know he was capable of producing that' yes I watch enough footy to know Eddie can kick 5 goals in a game, but it's the very distinction you made which makes all the difference.

Matthew Wright is 100% capable of producing a 27 disposal 2 goal game but I would be surprised if he could produce it on grand final as would a lot of other people. Can you see the difference?
Perhaps people should then say that they didn't know he was capable of doing it in a grand final? The statements being made are that they didn't know he could play a game like that, no mention of doing it in a grand final as the qualifier.

The point is he hasn't been rated as he should by the masses for a number of years now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back