Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

As an aside I thought Knights appeared so wooden speaking during a video I saw (think it was from the BnF) for somebody who was a head coach.

Then I remembered just how 'adored' he was by Bomber fans.
Knights presented extremely well last year when he coached a couple of games because Simmo got COVID

I wonder if there's any interest in getting Mark Stone back? Available assistants are light on, here's one that may have landed in our laps if we do want to bolster experience in the coaching box...

unfortunately The Gossage Effect has deemed it not to be

How does Gavin Bell keep avoiding scrutiny?

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Sooo no new assistant coaches? Thought we were getting Mark Stone?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I really rate Hurn’s leadership and footy IQ. I hope we bring him back in some capacity in the future.

No offence to Shuey, but I would’ve preferred keeping Hurn on as an assistant if I could only keep one of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really rate Hurn’s leadership and footy IQ. I hope we bring him back in some capacity in the future.

No offence to Shuey, but I would’ve preferred keeping Hurn on as an assistant if I could only keep one of the two.
Hurn doesn't seem like someone to stay in the game to me.

I suspect he'd be happy to head back to the country and do his own thing.

Daniel Pratt has joined the Bulldogs as their backline coach

Still crickets from us on any new appointments although you’d expect something re Pyke becoming CEO will be known one way or the other soon - Pyke is currently an assistant at Sydney and they’d need to know for their planning if he intends staying or leaving

I was really hoping for some new blood in the assistant coaching ranks... It's not happening, is it? All spots filled?

I was really hoping for some new blood in the assistant coaching ranks... It's not happening, is it? All spots filled?

This was the last line in the story announcing Shuey’s appointment

“Further changes to the West Coast Eagles’ Football Department will be communicated in due course.”

Now, that’s very ambiguous but it does suggest more to come. Rather pointless putting that out there if they weren’t working on something else

Hurn doesn't seem like someone to stay in the game to me.

I suspect he'd be happy to head back to the country and do his own thing.

Hurn did the Next Coach program in 2018 and stated multiple times in the years since that he would like to pursue coaching.

Wouldn't write him off just yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back