Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the Pyke prospect, but in my mind the ideal candidate is pretty obvious. No prior club allegiance, not afraid to step on anyone's toes, intimately knows the ins-and-outs of list management and rebuilding via the draft, gets people onside and forms great relationships, knows the value of consistency in messaging, and is a wonderful teacher and communicator.

Come on down, briztoon!
Sounds like a coach of football manager, not a CEO

Xavier Campbell was pictured recently holidaying in Bali alongside Simon Goodwin and Ricky Olarenshaw.

Despite his supposed good bloke lifesaving heroics whilst there, I’m not sure I want one of Goodwin’s “drinking buddies” in the front office.

Our club has had enough problems with the playing cohort over the journey…👃🍻.

IMG_6903.jpeg

So with about a week away from preseason starting we have one vacant assistant coaching position from what I can tell. Webster and Pratt gone and Shuey in?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So with about a week away from preseason starting we have one vacant assistant coaching position from what I can tell. Webster and Pratt gone and Shuey in?

Webster is staying

Will take over from Pratt as backline coach

Seems as if Shuey coming in is the only new coaching appointment

Pratt, Wiley and Nicoski have all departed from their respective roles and the remaining coaches have been reshuffled

Hopefully there’s still something in the pipeline but it’s getting late for that to happen

Webster is staying

Pratt, Wiley and Nicoski have all departed from their respective roles and the remaining coaches have been reshuffled

Hopefully there’s still something in the pipeline but it’s getting late for that to happen
Did I read somewhere as well that Horsely is the new WAFL coach or did I make that up?

Webster is staying

I guess it’s pretty hard to convince an assistant coach to come work for a coach in the West who could be gone by the end of the year.

I guess it’s pretty hard to convince an assistant coach to come work for a coach in the West who could be gone by the end of the year.

also hard for a head coach to hunt for assistants when his job was only confirmed safe once the season was over

To say I'm disheartened by WC's lack of change is an understatement. There has been absolutely nothing other than a shuffling of the decks in coaching ranks. Not even communication on a review of some description, after a disastrous few years feels like such a slap in the face. The club is going so poorly across all formats & we've seen nothing to suggest the club is getting to work on it. (Other than the AFLW 'stepping down' - which was way overdue imo.)

To say I'm disheartened by WC's lack of change is an understatement. There has been absolutely nothing other than a shuffling of the decks in coaching ranks. Not even communication on a review of some description, after a disastrous few years feels like such a slap in the face. The club is going so poorly across all formats & we've seen nothing to suggest the club is getting to work on it. (Other than the AFLW 'stepping down' - which was way overdue imo.)
Not really, check the post directly above yours. No assistant is going to want to come in, just to get the flick after 12 months if Simmo gets moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, check the post directly above yours. No assistant is going to want to come in, just to get the flick after 12 months if Simmo gets moved on.
Yeah agreed, but I think this is telling in itself as to the lack of change / things are not overly harmonious amongst the powers that be. It's just annoying OK!...

Yeah agreed, but I think this is telling in itself as to the lack of change / things are not overly harmonious amongst the powers that be. It's just annoying OK!...
We got a new high performance manager, which is a big tick, and are hunting for a new CEO. Not really much point going wholesale changes when the current coach may be gone by the end of next season and a new CEO will probably want to put their own stamp on things.

It won't really attract many candidates either until there's more clarity around those 2 things.

We got a new high performance manager, which is a big tick, and are hunting for a new CEO. Not really much point going wholesale changes when the current coach may be gone by the end of next season and a new CEO will probably want to put their own stamp on things.

It won't really attract many candidates either until there's more clarity around those 2 things.
Fiiiiiiiiiine, hard to argue with...

lords of dogtown GIF

I expect there will be a complete refresh when the new CEO comes in. Likely Simmo then gets replaced, and the new coach will bring new assistants.

Great addition, Collingwood have been very healthy and fit.

How did we poach him, must of thrown dome serious money!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back