Autopsy Back on the winners list Swans by 53 against the Dogs.

Someone needs to make a compilation of all the mark-saving/goal-saving spoils, bumps, tackles and smothers in that first quarter. I feel like they had so many 'almost' moments because we just shut them the **** down a milisecond before they could take the mark or kick the ball. Ladhams was a chief contributor in this regard, which just makes his injury all the more sucky.

I'm gonna have to do this aren't I?

Did anyone notice if they showed Paddy checking his blood sugar on the telecast? Was put up in the screen at the ground so wondering whether to scan the replay to find it.
Yep, they did...

If they catch him doing it, they broadcast it and generally talk about what a role model he is!

They did. A disgraceful invasion of privacy.
I don't know why you think so... If he is knowingly doing a test in front of 20+ thousand people, I would hardly call that invading his privacy!

If he wanted privacy, he should go down into the rooms...

But to be honest, I don't think he gives it a thought... it's just life for him.

EDIT: Just a bit behind the times... another instance where I should have scrolled on before typing! :grinv1::roflv1:

Last edited:

cherub

All Australian
Aug 12, 2009
Shenton Park
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't know why you think so... If he is knowingly doing a test in front of 20+ thousand people, I would hardly call that invading his privacy!

If he wanted privacy, he should go down into the rooms...

But to be honest, I don't think he gives it a thought... it's just life for him.

EDIT: Just a bit behind the times... another instance where I should have scrolled on before typing! :grinv1::roflv1:
Rooms? privacy?? Did you see what the media did after Paddy went off under concussion protocols??? If they've cleared it with Paddy, I'm ok with it. But it's his choice. I find a lot of the media behaviour very intrusive toward players. (Hopefully they can Roamin' Brian forever.)

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
One of the major idiosyncrasies with playing at the SCG is Swans force the opposition out to the wings. If the oppo aren't smart enough to stick to their game plan - they stay there.

Have heard more than one ex-player from opposition say You can get stuck out on the wings of SCG if you're not careful. Looking at the heat map that's exactly what happened to the Dogs last night.

It’s very much our game plan, even at the MCG as well. We want to make the oval as big as possible so you see our wingers stand as far to the boundary as they can.

This provides the space to take ball inside using our good kicking skills.

The Dogs got caught out there and were slaughtered by ball movement. That also took away the dogs other weapon which is contested football and clearances as they were just not able to stop the ball movement and win it back at clearances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
It’s very much our game plan, even at the MCG as well. We want to make the oval as big as possible so you see our wingers stand as far to the boundary as they can.

This provides the space to take ball inside using our good kicking skills.

The Dogs got caught out there and were slaughtered by ball movement. That also took away the dogs other weapon which is contested football and clearances as they were just not able to stop the ball movement and win it back at clearances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hopefully none of the opposition coaching staff read the Swans BF pages.

Slingshot Footy

All Australian
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Just watched the replay on AFL.com Why the * is there a disco track playing in the background throughout the 3rd quarter? ******* amateurs.
I was watching the game in Bali and thought that it was just the local broadcaster cocking things up! Was this the case for people in Aus as well?

I was watching the game in Bali and thought that it was just the local broadcaster cocking things up! Was this the case for people in Aus as well?
At the SCG the crowd votes on the music played during 3/4 time... it's supposed to promote crowd involvement.

9/10 it's rubbish! What would the crowd know about acoustics in a stadium or what kind of song would play best?

Every now and then you get a choice of 4 that would all work, so the crowd can't go wrong.

Believe me when I say there have been a lot worse than disco!

Slingshot Footy

All Australian
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
At the SCG the crowd votes on the music played during 3/4 time... it's supposed to promote crowd involvement.

9/10 it's rubbish! What would the crowd know about acoustics in a stadium or what kind of song would play best?

Every now and then you get a choice of 4 that would all work, so the crowd can't go wrong.

Believe me when I say there have been a lot worse than disco!
Sorry, I think you misunderstand.

The music was playing during the ads towards the end of halftime on the Balinese broadcast but the sound technician forgot to lower it for the resumption of play so for the entire third quarter there was background music. This was on the 'ABC Australia Live' channel in my hotel so it probably wasn't a fox/seven issue.

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
CBAs if anybody is interested against a pretty handy, albeit one-paced, opposition;
Parker 22
Rowy 20
Chad 19 + 1 o/s
Mills 14 + 8
Papley 9
JMac 0 + 22
Stephens 0 + 18
Gulden 0 + 5
Harry 0 + 2

Interesting in light of the Dogs heat map and discussion about pushing them to the outside… Gulden 6 tackles, Stephens 4, Harry 4 and another donut for JMac.

The music was playing during the ads towards the end of halftime on the Balinese broadcast but the sound technician forgot to lower it for the resumption of play so for the entire third quarter there was background music. This was on the 'ABC Australia Live' channel in my hotel so it probably wasn't a fox/seven issue.
Ha ha ha... definitely did misunderstand!! Lol!!

Just ignore me... :embarrassedv1::confusedv1::roflv1:

Don't know. I watched the replay on the AFL website and it has the music. Also on the match highlights video. Surely they aren't pulling their vision from the international broadcast!

This. I'll show my 7 year old.

cherub completely understand where you're coming from. Hopefully Paddy is ok with it because our perspective as T1 parents is that it's a natural part of life and not something that should be hidden away. I do get your sentiment though.
Did you find the segment?
It is at the 10:14 min (time to go in the quarter mark) in the 3rd quarter

1. At the 19:20 in video Lairising Tigers pay full toll, damning vision for an 'unwilling' talent
2. At the 1:21:13 of the match replay https://www.afl.com.au/video/795603...hFrom=1657326600001&references=AFL_MATCH:3950
:)

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Whatever Horse did on the training track last week... can we do that every week?

Wicks isn't going to get his job back for awhile. Ryan Clarke is locking down and kicking goals.

Dylan Stephenson the other one who seems to have reinvented (or invented) himself in past few weeks. Looking right at home.

Reid is doing it all - rucking, goalkicking, tackling. Best form of his career.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Whatever Horse did on the training track last week... can we do that every week?

Wicks isn't going to get his job back for awhile. Ryan Clarke is locking down and kicking goals.

Dylan Stephenson the other one who seems to have reinvented (or invented) himself in past few weeks. Looking right at home.

Reid is doing it all - rucking, goalkicking, tackling. Best form of his career.
Stephenson who does he play for

Back