Autopsy Back on the winners list Swans by 53 against the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the so called "report" on replay.

Typical Dogs cheat which they obviously get coached to do by Luke "che" Beuvera.

Papley was first to the ball. Dunkley collided shoulder first. Then as they obviously practise, Junkley (sic) jumps back like he's been shot and throws his head back like a ballet dancer.

Then once he gets the free he immediately jumps to his feet.

Cheat effort from a cheat team who are constantly throwing their head back to win frees and it's blatantly coached in to them as they all do it every week for the last 7 years.

Cannot believe the media have not called this out more.
Only way this bullshit will stop will be if the umpires can send off players for a compulsory concussion test. If that was deemed head high and reportable, then surely Dunkley must have needed a concussion test. Umpire says see yah in 20 minutes mate. Guarantee the throwing the head back would stop within a week. That of course relies on the umpires not being cheating pricks.

Did anyone notice if they showed Paddy checking his blood sugar on the telecast? Was put up in the screen at the ground so wondering whether to scan the replay to find it.

I think at this point in his career, any performance Reid can give us like that is a bonus. He is fit so that's perhaps helping him perform these last few weeks at a better level than he has for a number of years now.

maybe one year deal and not being picked early was a kick up the arse or he feels nothing to lose anymore

I know
many loved his role for years but even his biggest supporters would see this year is a level up surely

Did anyone notice if they showed Paddy checking his blood sugar on the telecast? Was put up in the screen at the ground so wondering whether to scan the replay to find it.
SCG screens take the TV feed from memory. We saw it on TV

They did. A disgraceful invasion of privacy.
It might be. But I'm aware of a lot of kids who have seen that footage and been inspired by it knowing T1 is not a barrier to elite sports. And I'm certain Paddy is aware of that because more than 1 of them has told him of it.

It might be. But I'm aware of a lot of kids who have seen that footage and been inspired by it knowing T1 is not a barrier to elite sports. And I'm certain Paddy is aware of that because more than 1 of them has told him of it.
Also I thought Paddy had a patch n his left arm (covered by a towelling-type band) which a meter or smart phone could measure his glucose level. Thought maybe the patch may have come off?

Someone needs to make a compilation of all the mark-saving/goal-saving spoils, bumps, tackles and smothers in that first quarter. I feel like they had so many 'almost' moments because we just shut them the **** down a milisecond before they could take the mark or kick the ball. Ladhams was a chief contributor in this regard, which just makes his injury all the more sucky.

This. I'll show my 7 year old.

cherub completely understand where you're coming from. Hopefully Paddy is ok with it because our perspective as T1 parents is that it's a natural part of life and not something that should be hidden away. I do get your sentiment though.

Also I thought Paddy had a patch n his left arm (covered by a towelling-type band) which a meter or smart phone could measure his glucose level. Thought maybe the patch may have come off?
They can be less accurate. Good for watching trends but during intense exercise it's sometimes better to get a precise fingerprick reading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 6 million dollar question is what did he do in pre season that he didn’t do the last 10 years?

Good question.

We all know his flaws - inconsistent, drops easy marks, misses gettable set shots...

But for me the biggest issue has been that he is made of glass. As injury prone a footballer as there is. Hard to get really good at your craft when you don't have that continuity of playing games.

This year he has been remarkably durable. As a result he probably has more confidence in his body which allows him to focus wholly on his game.That has been the key to his career best form for mine.

This. I'll show my 7 year old.

cherub completely understand where you're coming from. Hopefully Paddy is ok with it because our perspective as T1 parents is that it's a natural part of life and not something that should be hidden away. I do get your sentiment though.
I had posted this in Paddy thread last night

Someone needs to make a compilation of all the mark-saving/goal-saving spoils, bumps, tackles and smothers in that first quarter. I feel like they had so many 'almost' moments because we just shut them the **** down a milisecond before they could take the mark or kick the ball. Ladhams was a chief contributor in this regard, which just makes his injury all the more sucky.
Ladhams was playing so well in the first I was very concerned English would get on top of us as the game went on

But Reid's body work turned English to absolute water

Good question.

We all know his flaws - inconsistent, drops easy marks, misses gettable set shots...

But for me the biggest issue has been that he is made of glass. As injury prone a footballer as there is. Hard to get really good at your craft when you don't have that continuity of playing games.

This year he has been remarkably durable. As a result he probably has more confidence in his body which allows him to focus wholly on his game.That has been the key to his career best form for mine.
Perhaps we've got some new conditioning staff with some radical new approaches? Possible.

He is very close tho might be done for acceleration.

There was a wonderful highlight of Foxy running behind Lizard when he was running through the centre. Foxy was shepherding chasing Dogs and fairly dispensing with them. It was classical team work.
Parker and Fox shepherded for Blakey - 1:26:24 into match replay

Valid perspective. I suppose it does come down to how Paddy feels about it. I just know people who prefer to be discreet about it. And if it helps kids then that's great. ( We are an odd society though, where people consider having their vaccination status known a breach of privacy).

Perhaps we've got some new conditioning staff with some radical new approaches? Possible.
You're not too far off. We had a shocking run injury wise 2019/20. Our medical / rehab was run by a sports physician, as is the normal. But we had players constantly out, unable to get back on the park. There was also the decision to put Sinclair back on after dislocating his shoulder after relocation, with him promptly re- dislocating it. Buddy barely played any games in this period. All our talls were injured, culminating in us using guys like Aliir, Fox, Dawson and Blakey in the ruck. It was a complete shambles.

Dean Raper, an excellent physiotherapist, was brought in to takeover as head in late 2020. I think the results speak for themselves. Buddy has exceeded expectations and is probably backing up for another year at least. Reid is looking the best he has for a long time. Melican has barely missed a game this year. We have one of the shortest injury lists in the competition. Dean has been an absolute genius with keeping our guys on the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back