Crosby87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 8, 2005
Not the Rugby board
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
So today I decided to play an Omaha split sit and go to kill some time. I don't play a hand for about three rounds. I raise with A-2-4-4 on the button, and almost everybody calls (because nobody has any idea how to play, and they see A-K-6-T and just HAVE to limp with it). The flop comes 4-3-4 and I flop quads. Of course I end up scooping the pot, and take the chip lead.

Next hand I'm dealt A-A-7s-8s in the BB, and I check it off. Flop comes A-8-A.

I've never had back-to-back quads before (and I've played Hold'em and Omaha for over a year and a half), and what's more, later on in the sit and go I make quads for a third time, on the turn. I've had quads twice in one betting round before (in Hold'em), but never back to back.

I'm not sure what the odds on flopping (not just hitting) back-to-back quads are - and can't be bothered checking - but it was pretty amazing. I scooped both pots and basically sealed the sit and go in two hands. Easiest game ever, to say the least. Has anyone ever had this happen?

Playing at Crown about 4-5 months ago, on a 2-3 no limit table. A guy got quad 10s two hands in a row. Twice got pocket 10's and on the flop came the other 2 both times.

I would think flopping quads, especially high quads, isn't conducive to getting paid off.

I've once flopped quad 10s at Crown and just won a minimum pot.

I think the odds of flopping quads is: C(3,2) x (2/50) x (1/49) = 0.24%

I like flopping straights with a 1-gap (suited) connector.

When you flop a monster on a board of A-A-A or A-K-Q suited, it's not necessarily pay day.

As I stipulated earlier, it was an Omaha split sit and go, which nobody knows how to play at lower limits (they all play it like Hold'em). If the board is 4-3-4, and I have A-2-4-4, I'm going to get action because people are going to be looking for the low pot, which I'm definitely going to scoop if the next two cards are over eight or not, since i have the A-2. Also, there's probably idiots in there thinking they have some kind of draw, or looking to hit overcards.

If this is a Hold'em sit and go, I have to check it and hope somebody fires, which is unlikely. But because it's Omaha, and literally everybody is in the pot, I'm going to get action. I can tell you that with the quad fours I was capping every betting round and still getting action. Quite ridiculous, but I'll take it nonetheless.

You can't get away with this against players, though, unless they flop a boat with threes, and even then they'll likely play it cautiously.

To confirm your theory r+b, I flopped quad kings at crown (2 in the pocket) and made a total of $15 off another guy, as he was the only caller. He bet $10 on the flop, I considered and considered and called, the checked the river and turn, to which I made a just under pot sized bet, to which he said I guess I gotta call, and then the table promptly erupted. I mean there were straight and flush possibilities come the river, but he told me he had pocket J's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back