• It depends if dusty gets locked up

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Not if balmee eats all the players food

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other clubs are better

Votes: 16 14.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we did................... so there goes that theory.
I meant him saying Back to back in the title.. you won in 2017 and it was yours to lose in 2018 which you did. So no back to back. This year it's hard to say, once again, it was yours to lose in 2018 and you did, it could be the same way in 2020..

The Flag was theirs to lose in 2018. So they might not win again, who knows
Flag to lose, just like this year... It's that easy. Nothing is quite straight forward. Richmond might be marginally better than the other contenders right now, but it takes more than that to win flags. 'There's to lose' makes it sound like if Richmond don't win it then they have stuffed up. What of other sides, no improvement? We will be a better side than last year that I am confident of, but so will others.

Soldo?? Big fan of Bolton's but RCD could be a anything due to being the size of Bontempelli but with real pace. Those players don't come around often.

I wondered if you'd bite on Ivan.

We have a list of genuine quality kids. And to be honest I reckon big Eeevan could be a beauty. He'll possibly end up one of the best tap rucks in the AFL (If not already) and his influence in the contests is pretty major already. He's a good mark and kick and if his game sense improves he'll be an absolute handful for any team to deal with. If we can package another mobile ruck with him we've got a great ruck division.

And as much as I agree Stack is probably the best young talent we've got, I suspect that Higgo has the capability to give him a run for his money. RCD, if he can turn potential into reality, is also a challenger for top dog young kid. Same with Balta really. If our development is good we're in for a long run of finals :cool:

Flag to lose, just like this year... It's that easy. Nothing is quite straight forward. Richmond might be marginally better than the other contenders right now, but it takes more than that to win flags. 'There's to lose' makes it sound like if Richmond don't win it then they have stuffed up. What of other sides, no improvement? We will be a better side than last year that I am confident of, but so will others.
I only said theirs to lose simply because of how much further ahead the tigers where in every aspect of the game. No other team could really come close, but i see your point.

Hyping up a VFL player is pointless, and if VFL performance was indicative of AFL form Nick Graham would be an all-time great.

Getting your rocks off over a 15-touch seconds game is actually pretty sad.
They asked the coach his opinion on a kid who is yet to play a seniors game, he gave it and gave a player comparison.
I’m pretty sure you as a Carlton supporter would like to hear the seniors coach opinion on players that haven’t debuted yet.
The only people being sensitive here are oppo supporters

Nice storey bro but it makes no difference in the joy and memories of my family seeing many premierships live over the years.

Truth sometimes hurts in life but no need for people to turn to feral. Oh that’s right we are talking Tigers fans here.
R U OK?

each team plays 17 games.

Richmond has got 4 wins, 3 defeats and 1 draw from 8 games.

Tigers have 9 games left.

If Richmond from 2017-19 is anything to go by. they struggle in the 1st half of the season then do well in the 2nd half.

So in 2020, richmond have struggled. I expect richmond to hit form in the remaining 8-9 games in the season.

each team plays 17 games.

Richmond has got 4 wins, 3 defeats and 1 draw from 8 games.

Tigers have 9 games left.

If Richmond from 2017-19 is anything to go by. they struggle in the 1st half of the season then do well in the 2nd half.

So in 2020, richmond have struggled. I expect richmond to hit form in the remaining 8-9 games in the season.
Complete myth.
Richmond were top 4 after round 12 in both 17 and 18.

Complete myth.
Richmond were top 4 after round 12 in both 17 and 18.
Not a complete myth.

We were out of the top 4 as late as Round 17 in 2017. We only solidified our position in the top 4 from round 18 onwards. In 2019 it was from Round 19 onwards.

The only time we did it early was in 2018, where we solidified it from Round 4 onwards.

We don’t have a Round 18 or 19 this year, so we need to start winning earlier.

We were out of the top 4 as late as Round 17 in 2017. We only solidified our position in the top 4 from round 18 onwards. In 2019 it was from Round 19 onwards.

The only time we did it early was in 2018, where we solidified it from Round 4 onwards.
you know as well as I do that the tigers will get most of their key players back in the 2nd half of the season.

Again, tigers have a record of 4 wins, 3 losses and 1 draw.

9 games left. I dont see richmond win all 9 remaining games.

I expect them to storm into top 4.

you know as well as I do that the tigers will get most of their key players back in the 2nd half of the season.

Again, tigers have a record of 4 wins, 3 losses and 1 draw.

9 games left. I dont see richmond win all 9 remaining games.

I expect them to storm into top 4.
I don’t expect us to win all 9 either because, you know, Bulldogs next week who we rarely beat :(

However, I wouldn’t count it out because they’ve surprised me before with that. 9 games in a row in 2014 and 12 games in a row in 2019.

I’d like us to make the top 4, but with so many teams lacking home ground advantage including Brisbane and Gold Coast by the time finals come around, I think finishing 5-8 would be something we can work with too to win the Premiership. We’re likely not going to get an MCG final anyway so what’s a home final worth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a complete myth.

We don’t have a Round 18 or 19 this year, so we need to start winning earlier.
That doesn't mean you struggled, that means you guys do enough to make top 4 then blokes like Dusty start actually trying.

Shorter quarters impacting us more than most teams, and missing key players. Expecting a 5-8 finishing position at the moment. Then see about finals.

Shorter quarters impacting us more than most teams, and missing key players. Expecting a 5-8 finishing position at the moment. Then see about finals.
Why do shorter quarters impact on Richmond any more than ‘most teams’?

Last edited:
Why do shorter quarters impact on Richmond any more than ‘most teams’?
For 3 years we’ve been a side that wins by pressing persistently until the opposition can no longer keep up the pressure and then we can break away. This hasn’t just been against poor teams. 6 out of our 8 finals games in that period have followed that pattern. One of the others we got smashed, the 8th was last years GF which sort of followed it but much earlier.

It goes without saying that with 16min cut off from each game we are going to be worse off. Simply put, I doubt we’d have won last years PF with the short quarters. Geelong could have choked the game up much more in the second half and we would have struggled to do what we did that night.

Sometimes it’s more interesting to see who’s bumped these dormant threads at such an odd time, to and determine the real motive of their post.

for a team that mightn't have been as hungry as others going in to 2020, the circumstances haven't helped. Hublife for an older list with a lot of players now with families who have been there and done that, shorter quarters limits our ability to grind team downs before kicking away, away from the home state and home grounds, limited crowds vs our usual large strong home support, and a lot of key players missing games.

I didn't think wed go B2B necessarily, but 2020 hasn't been the perfect storm for us.

Still in such a weird year I dont think top 4 is as crucial, and if playing other VIC teams home ground might not as crucial in finals. Therefore with some luck of the draw I reckon any team can win the flag that makes the 8 in this lottery make up as you go season.

For 3 years we’ve been a side that wins by pressing persistently until the opposition can no longer keep up the pressure and then we can break away. This hasn’t just been against poor teams. 6 out of our 8 finals games in that period have followed that pattern. One of the others we got smashed, the 8th was last years GF which sort of followed it but much earlier.

It goes without saying that with 16min cut off from each game we are going to be worse off. Simply put, I doubt we’d have won last years PF with the short quarters. Geelong could have choked the game up much more in the second half and we would have struggled to do what we did that night.
Worst call of the thread, pretty much did it last night

Back