Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2011
Right Behind You
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Can GAGF
Let's make this year really count by backing it up!

Our time is now. Gotta love the 20's.

Lachie Schultz gonna be a massive crowd favourite. I would love to see Ash Johnson get back in the side, and hopefully Reef can step up.

Last edited:
yes back to back....that's a good idea... i was planning for a crap year next year but I wasnt thinking about this possibility...
The media is writing us off already. In fact they gave us no hope all year this year.

I'm already hungry. 17 flags puts us top of the pack where we belong!

Let's make this year really count by backing it up!

Our time is now. Gotta love the 20's.

Lachie Schultz gonna massive crowd favourite. I would love to see Ash Johnson get back in the side, and hopefully Reef can step up.

And our time is right now
Now we can do anything we really want to
Our time is now
Here in the morning of our lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: L.Schultz - A well distinguished gentleman whose heart truly lies at Collingwood.

Out: J.Ginnivan - A drug addicted trouble making traitor.

:cool:

I was enjoying this thread, sitting here day dreaming in the sun, until I read your ‘out’.

But I think you’re really a kind person deep down and this is a joke.

Ifc GIF

I was enjoying this thread, sitting here day dreaming in the sun, until I read your ‘out’.

But I think you’re really a kind person deep down and this is a joke.

Ifc GIF
I loved Jack, I think the problem was so did Jack.

There’s something more in this team than previous Collingwood units. I don’t think the pursuit of success will be lost after tasting it. I don’t know if we’ll go B2B but I’m expecting we make a full fist of it. Our previous grand finals (2002/03, 2010/2011, 2018) came during the height of the Brisbane, Geelong (then Hawks) and Tigers dynasties. There’s no equivalent this time around. There’s no understating how much B2B premierships would mean to a club with as much heartbreak as it has had. And now that Carlton are back in town, it would mean even more to overtake them and Essendon to be the first to #17.

I'm not greedy, I just want to play Carlton in a PF having finished 6th and them 2nd in the season, then knock them off by a point, then go on and beat Stephen May's Dees by an after the siren Billy Elliott goal in the GF.

Nick Daicos Brownlow.
Nick Daicos Norm.

If that happens I'll finally be satisfied...

There’s something more in this team than previous Collingwood units. I don’t think the pursuit of success will be lost after tasting it. I don’t know if we’ll go B2B but I’m expecting we make a full fist of it. Our previous grand finals (2002/03, 2010/2011, 2018) came during the height of the Brisbane, Geelong (then Hawks) and Tigers dynasties. There’s no equivalent this time around. There’s no understating how much B2B premierships would mean to a club with as much heartbreak as it has had. And now that Carlton are back in town, it would mean even more to overtake them and Essendon to be the first to #17.
Good point about not being in a dynastic period, probably should have been the Demon's or Doggies era, but it looks like they've shot themselves in the foot, the Cats and Tiger dynasties seem over.

I'm expecting the GWS to be a real threat next year, more so than the Lions as I feel the Lions are a bit of a one trick pony, sides that can slow them down out of defence and have speed and carry through the midfield will trouble them when it counts (doesn't look like they've injected any speed which seems strange to me).

The Blues look like they'll be good again, can't see many weaknesses in their list, they too failed to address their key weakness, their coach!.

Bit worried about our aging list, I thought this year was our last shot at it with Pendles, Steele etc, but the way they played in the GF, I think they will have one more year in them. A fit McStay covers the GF side's major weakness and Schultz in that side would have performed better than Ginny, so there's another positive. Hoping that Murphy is OK and can play a full year. With those ins, and some straighter kicking, we should win the 2024 flay by 8 goals!!!!!!

We really need someone like Reef to step up as I have concerns about Billy Elliott - not sure if he was carrying an injury, but he seemed to struggle late in the year. The loss of Tay means we're short a spare in and under player (so we might get exposed there during the year), not sure either Macrae or Allan fit into that role, we'll need one of those two to make a spot their own.

Would love to see Ash in that side, and I like a lot of what Krueger does - just not sure who goes out

It would be great to win back to back premierships.That hasn’t been done since the 1930’s so it would be a huge achievement for us.I feel that next year is probably our last chance to win another premiership with our current list.We saw how important Pendlebury,Sidebottom and Howe were to us in the finals.They’re all big game players and their leadership is priceless.I have a feeling we’re going to fall off a cliff when they retire,in much the same way as Geelong did this year with their rapidly ageing list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back