Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow after this game BF has gone into a meltdown, everyone now saying how we are the biggest cheats, and didnt deserve the match because the umps favoured us!

Haters gonna hate!

Shows that we're back people! Vics are envying us big time! And I'm lovin every bit of it! :thumbsu:

Richmond supporters are just pussies.

Well, alot of them. Like every other team they have their decent ones. But they do love to whinge don't they.

The 'WC duck their heads' threads are becoming a bit tiresome.

I started a thread about deliberately diving forward for push in the back free kicks (admittedly tongue firmly in cheek) and it was deleted after about 10 minutes, and there are at least 3 'ducking' threads still on the main board...

Its so funny seeing all these richmond supporters getting upset. Then a Geeling supporters comes in and also calls the richmond supporters sore losers.

A lot of these Richmond supporters need to harden up. But yes it seems like alot of people are trying to make excuses for us doing well.

Someone let the main board know that the free kick count isn't a stat thats meant to be automatically even, it reflects how many times you breached the rules. Calling us cheaters is irony at its finest.

So true, there seems to be some perception that free kicks are meant to be even.

Timmy Watson said ( maybe in jest ) that we hid or made up stuff about J Darling to get him in the draft .

I reckon if Neates gets a game , there will be more head high frees and BF will get worse !

Congratulations guys, I know I certainly don't hate West Coast, you guys won the match fair and square. I hate the fact that we keep coming so close to beating top quality opposition but falling short, but no you guys are the cream of the crop at the moment.

I think the Eagles are a dead set chance for the flag, probably along with Carlton, Geelong, and Collingwood. You have better form than those 3 at the moment but I think as the year progresses, it will even out and those 4 teams will be right up there towards the end of 2012.

Your rise from the spoon in 2010 to flag contenders 18 months later gives me hope that the Tigers can do something similar over the next couple of years.

I like the hate, it shows we're back and that they're running scared.

Melbourne fans are wondering how we managed to be as s**t as them only a couple of years ago and rebound so quickly.

Hawthorn fans are still fuming over the game and rush to back Clarko's ducking comments.

Geelong fans are jealous they only have one Selwood to milk head high free kicks.

Richmond fans will be offended about this one for some time but will get over it when one of the big Vic teams eventually thrash them and the anger transfers to something else.

North fans will whine about the game next weekend, win, lose or draw.

We're back baby and we're loving it. We were the feel-good story of 2011 but we are now the soulless West Coke franchise that just keep winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a steaming pile of bullshyte. Tigers were gifted two soft goals late in the game from very dubious calls from the umpires for starters. Other than that there were just as many cases of our boys being hard done by a non decision than the tigers. Tigers win by a point there would be no mention of this.

Congratulations guys, I know I certainly don't hate West Coast, you guys won the match fair and square. I hate the fact that we keep coming so close to beating top quality opposition but falling short, but no you guys are the cream of the crop at the moment.

I think the Eagles are a dead set chance for the flag, probably along with Carlton, Geelong, and Collingwood. You have better form than those 3 at the moment but I think as the year progresses, it will even out and those 4 teams will be right up there towards the end of 2012.

Your rise from the spoon in 2010 to flag contenders 18 months later gives me hope that the Tigers can do something similar over the next couple of years.

Quality post is quality.

Richmond put on a hell of a show today, and this wasn't an honourable loss, this was a battle and we were lucky enough to end up on top. Cotchin is seriously good, hope we never have to play him again.

Not sure how we're the cheaters when the Tigers were gifted several dubious push in the back frees by turning and diving in the tackle.

They did extremely well though, all things considered. Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin are ridiculous footballers...but today, they can all go and get stuffed :thumbsu:

Hopefully this was our square up game from the umpires. It was always going to come, and I'm thrilled it hasn't cost us a victory.

The ducking thing I can live with, it's the fact that people still bring up Ben Cousins and the Cocaine/drugs incidents from 6 years ago...

I was making any friends at the game today haha.

Glad we're pushing some buttons, people will always find an excuse or a reason to bring down those on top.

VERY long season ahead, but the signs are great. I'm more concerned about our KPP stocks at the moment.

Thought it was a fantastic win with no McKenzie, effectively no Brown the entire game and half a Kennedy for half the game.

Brilliant effort from the backs to keep them under 100 and the pressure from the middle and up forward helped a lot too.

what was the free kick count for the game? Anyone?
West Coast received 21 frees, Richmond 17.

I have to say that I have never liked free kicks being awarded to players who duck their heads and then move into a stationary or barely-moving opponent.
However frees for being grabbed around the neck are the type that Selwood & Hams have been receiving a lot of lately, and those are mostly just a case of poor tackles being laid. If opponents aren't going to tackle us properly then I'll happily accept some frees.

I fear we will be playing Richmond in even bigger games in future years, they will be a decent side.

We lack hateable players. Maybe distaste with the Selwood ducking, Darling arrogance, 'dirty kerr'.........um......Waters mrp dilemna 2-3 times a year.....clutching at straws here...the hair and tats trio...that stuttering Kennedy run-up....

Seriously, we are a likeable team this time around, whether we like it or not!

I think the fact that we could bookend the Geelong era with flags is sending some sides jealous. We won the flag, had another ok year, died, came back last year, then possibly go on and win.

I can already hear our cheat 'ducking' flag being compared to 'WCE on drugs' or 'Hawthorn's rushed behinds'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back