News Back to the SCG in 2016... BUT finals stay at ANZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lose against Richmond and it is a mute point.

*moot

If the unthinkable happened and we did lose to the Tigers we would still have a home elimination final at worst due to our % advantage over the Dogs and Eagles.

AFL probably keen to avoid any controversy over the surface given ANZ hasn't hosted an AFL game all year.

Please let it be the SCG. To potentially finish minor premiers and have your home ground advantage trashed by having to play on that goat track at ANZ would be a disgrace. A full house rocking finals at the SCG would be great for the game.

Please let it be the SCG. To potentially finish minor premiers and have your home ground advantage trashed by having to play on that goat track at ANZ would be a disgrace. A full house rocking finals at the SCG would be great for the game.

Harsh on goat tracks IMO

This is what's been lost for so long...a true finals atmosphere at tne SCG. There's nothing like it. I've been in 80k strong Soccer crowds that couldn't match the decibels.

I hope the AFL don't piss it up the wall.

This is what's been lost for so long...a true finals atmosphere at tne SCG. There's nothing like it. I've been in 80k strong Soccer crowds that couldn't match the decibels.

I hope the AFL don't piss it up the wall.
The 1996 Prelim is the biggest noise I've Hird anywhere, F the soccer. Go Bloods.

They will probably announce it at the end of the last round after everyone has played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no doubt the AFL want to play the game at the SCG, but why pay a six figure sum in advance when you don't have to.

It was prudent that they waited to see if they could get away with a scheduling overlap with the NRL, that is now unlikely so they will now negotiate a deal.

I'm pretty confident we'll see our finals (or at least the qualifying/semi-finals) at the SCG. Reminds me of the discussions to move all our ANZ games to the SCG at the start of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
"..conversations are continuing at the highest levels.." Please Swans administration, keep fighting against this ANZ Stadium nonsense. A stadium situated, as it is, across the River Styx.

A pulsating full house SCG, now with enlarged capacity. What's not to like?

We earned the home final. Play fair AFL.

Hope they get the SCG deal sorted so I can go to the finals again. I decided a couple of years ago to never watch another game of AFL at that s**t box of a stadium even though I live just round the corner.

Have we beaten the Hawks at ANZ?

I don't have a huge issue with the venue itself but it seems like the Hawks own us there.

Have we beaten the Hawks at ANZ?

I don't have a huge issue with the venue itself but it seems like the Hawks own us there.
Happened as recently as 2014.

How many more tickets would would the AFL have to sell for ANZ than a packed to the brim SCG (45-46k?) for it to be worth it.

Not playing there all year, I couldn't imagine drawing more than 55k at ANZ. Surely a packed out SCG would make more money and be worth the 500k in compensation the AFL would need to pay ANZ.

If it's poor weather, they could really lose out leaving the game out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back