Current Backpacker Rye Hunt missing from rio airport found dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting a lot of media attention in Tassie, lets hope that translate to some attention in Brazil.

ABC just said there are reports that he took a local drug and became paranoid before his disappearance.

Might just be on a bender. Or fallen down a drain.

So reports saying he sniffed MDMA, had a psychotic episode and swam to a remote island.

Family cautious as there's been no official word from the authorities but apparently he said he was Australian. Family also said they want verification as it is out of character for Rye to do illicit drugs. Lol. Are the family really that stupid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be surprised if they found this guy alive, if he was off his head on drugs when he went missing they surely would have worn off by now and he would have made contact with his family/friends.

He looks pretty normal in the CCTV footage I've seen so even the claims he was on drugs is doubtful, seems strange that he would just piss off from his travelling buddy though.

so he's done some drugs which he thought were MDMA but probably weren't, flipped out, thought people were chasing him and swam to an uninhabited island.
Upon arrival spoken to a fisherman, told them he's an aussie and asked for some water.

After that he has obviously come to at some stage, tried to swim back and been ****ed on by the current or his lack of super human strength and drowned to death.

this is all sorts of ****ed up and weird

He was probably absolutely off his chops and went for a late night swim. Not hard to believe. If he is getting his drugs off someone off the street in Rio who knows what he was really taking.

He was on a long term trip with a mate and without his long term GF. Partying and seeing the world was obviously the plan.

South America is a lot of fun but it's not safe and you need to be careful. Unfortunately most travellers don't fathom the dangers. Most get out unscathed but a few don't. There has been a couple of recent incidents near Copacabana - a few weeks back an Argentine was robbed on killed on the beach.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back