• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpire must tell a player to move back 30 cms. It's a ridiculous rule anyeay but that's beside the point. He didn't even award Jones the luxury to inform him he was over the mark and allow him to move back. He wasn't over the mark anyway btw. He seemed like he wanted to pemalise us and Chayce just happened to be the player involved. Umpires take a disliking to some teams and ours was obviously that team for that umpire. I would sack him or suspend that prick for the rest of the year.
You'll see them hit a 50 straight away sometimes if a player clearly runs about 2m over. In Jones' case it's debatable he even ran over the mark at all. One of the all time worst calls, especially when you hear umps yelling "back a metre" a hundred times a game.

He may love the bloke but he doesn't seem to have compete confidence going by the amount of games played. I think when Butts wasn't playing well Nick's could have tried Muzz, Worrell Doedee. Or he could have moved Hinge to a wing and played Worrell. Nick's didn't try any of those options. I'm actually surprised that Worrell resigned tbh. Lucky for us with Doedee going down, he must really like Adelaide.

*Worrell was injured so the point about replacing butts was invalid but I'm moreso gong back to previous seasons and his lack of opportunity.
Ricciuto made a comment during the Brisbane game that Worrell's fitness and training standards weren't at a particularly high level when he came to the club, and it took him quite a while to settle and reach AFL standards in those areas, but his standards are elite now. No idea how true that is but I assume if Ricciuto is saying it, it must have been the club's view.

I'd expect to see Worrell play the rest of the year, fitness permitting, basically in Doedee's role as the third defender/interceptor.

This just makes me frustrated, I can’t even get angry anymore. We have a strong supporter base in Melbourne too, why are we copping this s**t?

Our club admin can't even stand up to a bunch of tree tories.

No chance they kick up a stink over this.

This just makes me frustrated, I can’t even get angry anymore. We have a strong supporter base in Melbourne too, why are we copping this s**t?

I’m glad the administration is across this stuff and is really good at negotiating with the AFL to ensure the club doesn’t get shafted.

Has there been a "please explain" by the club or AFL explanation about the 50m penalty an no warning?

I don't want/expect Nicks to mention umpiring. A good coach's mentality is that you take the game away from being decided by poor umpires. We failed, and no I am nit saying umpires cost us. We did.

But the club needs to ask the question.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has there been a "please explain" by the club or AFL explanation about the 50m penalty an no warning?

I don't want/expect Nicks to mention umpiring. A good coach's mentality is that you take the game away from being decided by poor umpires. We failed, and no I am nit saying umpires cost us. We did.

The explanation is that Jones deliberately and obviously ran over the mark for purpose of sneaking maybe an extra metre at most. Got caught in the process and got zero leniency because he wasn't in the contest.

easy explanation

Wonder if there will be articles in the media as there was for the identical situation last week?

Ricciuto made a comment during the Brisbane game that Worrell's fitness and training standards weren't at a particularly high level when he came to the club, and it took him quite a while to settle and reach AFL standards in those areas, but his standards are elite now. No idea how true that is but I assume if Ricciuto is saying it, it must have been the club's view.

I'd expect to see Worrell play the rest of the year, fitness permitting, basically in Doedee's role as the third defender/interceptor.
I think they have no choice but to play him now. It's either him or Keane. The club has always valued the great trainer straight arrow type. I don't think Dane Swan, Dusty, DeGoey would have survived at the crows. That's why Mackay was so loved by the coaches. The club doesn't do well with someone that's a bit different or a bad trainer but great or Matchday. You don't see too many tatts down there either. The only one I can think of is the Collingwood player we got for a season or two.

Last edited:

Things amongst the most useless possessions I own...a DVD player, a HT Monaro that runs on full leaded petrol and my Crows aligned AFL membership living in Melbourne.

We are the perfect club to be sent to the regional locations as far the AFL is concerned...good drawing power outside of Melbourne, we ain't a Melbourne club who would sook at being sent on a bus trip and our club bearers don't complain about it.

We should be renamed the Adelaide Missionaries.

Basically we are copping it as we have been s**t for 4-5 years. We will get a better draw next year (I hope).

The explanation is that Jones deliberately and obviously ran over the mark for purpose of sneaking maybe an extra metre at most. Got caught in the process and got zero leniency because he wasn't in the contest.

easy explanation
I'll go with B Eddie, 'Things that never happened', for $1,000, lock it in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm watching the replay of last night's game.
The passage of play ending in the Milera goal in the 2nd quarter is team-magic.

Several waves of forward I50s for the Crows are repelled.
Then:
Two strong efforts by Pedlar at R half-back, handball goes over Jones' head in the R back pocket,
Jones gathers (shepherded by Soligo), handballs across to Hinge, kicks to Sholl kicks to Thilthorpe.
The switch is good and Crows are running on, overlapping, down the LHS.
Sholl runs on and gets the handball from Thilthorpe, Sholl kicks to Smith,
Smith kicks to Walker who handballs to Milera who must've run 60-80metres to get it.
Milera sells a little candy, then goals.
Beautiful footy, by any standard.

At that stage, the Crows are 35 points up and dominating.
NO sign of the 10-goal match turnaround to come, starting with an unexpected 9-goal run.

3 goals to GCS in 11 minutes before half-time. That's bad enough. I've re-watched that 3-goal period before half-time and can't see any huge change in effort. A couple of 50-50 Umpiring decisions, a couple of bad bounces, that's all.

Then another 4 goals in 8.21 minutes after half-time, then 2 more after that.
The evaporation of that 35-point lead is horrible to watch.
Serious questions (anybody, please):
--- what did Dew or the GCS' players do, to make that happen?
After half-time, GCS lifted for sure, dominated centre clearances and Rowell was ferocious.
--- what did Nicks or the Crows players' do, to address and/or stop it?
I could not see a thing. Maybe the Crows were as shell-shocked there as I am now.
For mine Dew rope-a-doped the Crows. The Suns kept all their petrol tickets on board and then spent them at the right time. They did the same against the Dogs who jumped them early.
Also Dew dismantled Rankine via constant niggling from Long.
But in the end they played straight line contested footy and the Crows couldn't match their intensity.
Lukosius took Hinge to the cleaners, why Murray didn't go to him is question on my mind.
I think the coaching staff lost their s**t in the heat more than the players did.
Also Suns got the rub of the green with some umpiring decisions.

Nicks pretty much said the umps made a correct call in the post match presser, so wouldn't expect he'd be directing anything to the league about it.

The problem wasn't that the umpires made one mistake, it's that they didn't make two mistakes?
If you're going to make mistakes, at least be consistent with it. Fixing repeatable mistakes is easy, seeing the same thing and being completely inconsistent with how you are interpreting it each time is a lot harder to get rid of.

So much for the spur of the moment change in travel plans to fly via Darwin to catch this game on the way back to Melbourne.

The 9 goal run on was inexcusable, but the Crows did rally and come from behind to take the lead and there was a feeling around the ground that the Crows would run over Gold Coast from there.

But then the umpires decided to settle things. The 50 against Jones was bad, but I witnessed about 27 interpretations of HTB in this game.

And you are living under a rock if you think the AFL entertainment industry doesn't have an agenda, the umpiring was to script but I couldn't help but notice that via another AFL manipulated outcome, Anderson lined up for the wrong team.
any body with good fitness and a background in footy can umpire a game its just the clowns have decided to put 4 different opinions on the ground all at once .

Ni
For mine Dew rope-a-doped the Crows. The Suns kept all their petrol tickets on board and then spent them at the right time. They did the same against the Dogs who jumped them early.
Also Dew dismantled Rankine via constant niggling from Long.
But in the end they played straight line contested footy and the Crows couldn't match their intensity.
Lukosius took Hinge to the cleaners, why Murray didn't go to him is question on my mind.
I think the coaching staff lost their s**t in the heat more than the players did.
Also Suns got the rub of the green with some umpiring decisions.
Nicks is very slow to react. It's almost like he is completely wedded to a structure and if another team starts dominating or makes changes he's paralyzed with fear of making changes to that structure. Either get a strategist in the box to help him or get him out. I'm sick of him costing us games.

Keays 3 coaches votes. Looking at the votes, it's possible he either got 3 from 1 coach & 0 from another, or 2 from 1 1 from another, but I reckon it's pretty likely to be the 2/1 option.

Either way, they thought he was our best. Because he was. Not saying him in the guts should be a permanent thing by any means, but plenty of premiership winning mids carried liabilities in their game.

It's worth remembering that last year one of Berry & Crouch played every game (and they both played 7 together) for 66% centre bounce attendances. Removing that from the rotation and effectively replacing it with Dawson changes the dynamic. There's more size, there's more outside class/ball use & better spread from the stoppage.

That has a material impact on how Keays's style meshes within that midfield group. I think it's worth giving it a run with Dawson in there to see if it works. I think it will.

Back