Autopsy Bad, badder and ugly v Tigs - Rd 9, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What an abysmal game, so starting this early.
We never really had control, Tigs swarmed and hunted us with great success.
Gowers, Bruce at their usual 'best'.

5-4 and our smallest loss is 39pts. When we lose, we lose badly.

Have at it.

We keep the Tigers tall forwards goalless second half. Balta absolutely destroys our forwards tonight. Last year Naughton kicked 5 on him.
And people still want him back in defense. Tonight proves exactly why we need him in the forward line. We need another big body that will bring in to ground and make a contest. I thought our talls in defense were the least of our worries tonight.

Just an absolute s**t show. A day more rest for us and they still absolutely outran us all over the ground, worked a lot harder and actually played for each other

Blame Bev and MC they should have told the players treat this like their main training session they would have shown more than what they did.

You can't have Wallis, Lloyd, and Gowers in the forward line at same time can you, can only have one of them.

Our forward line is shyte it's almost non existent no threat at all. Embarrassing is the word to describe our forward line.

At least now Bev you know exactly were we are at !

Complete and utter embarrassing performance.

Zero intensity or competitiveness early, lacked pressure which allowed them to play an uncontested marking game and transition easily the length of the ground.

Have said it before and will say it against we lack leadership, we seem to either get ahead of ourselves or have a mental fragility and we can be soft when teams really apply pressure to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gowers... if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. 😋

I agree its not his fault he got picked its the totally one sided coaching staff that totally abide to what Bevo says as they are just out of Yarra Valley under 12 coaching academy and want to keeo their job

Gotta commend Richmond coaching staff and on-field leaders for getting all their less experienced players to buy into their high pressure game style. They all play with a desire that just isn’t there every game for us. Honestly that is by far the biggest difference between the two sides.

I've seen worse, but against the Tigers? How could they do it to me? I'd burn my Bulldogs mask(only $25 and postage of $10) if I had one. I need a slice of pizza, STAT!

Bevo: Hey Brucey, we'd love to bring you over to the club. We have struggled to half contests in our forward line and we think you could help with that.

Josh: So you just want me to make a contest?

Bevo: yeah, and take some contested marks and kick a few goals along the way.

Josh: *forgets to take contested marks and tries his best not to kick goals*

What a fall from grace for a bloke who clunked marks for fun and kicked 50+ goals a few yrs ago.

Positives...

Macrae (finished with 37 disposals the most by any player for any club in 2020)
Wallis

That is all, although Vandermeer can hold his head high gave 100% for the whole game and for a bloke on just 8 games in is playing very well.

Gowers finished with -2 Ranking Points after playing 84 minutes, Suckling played 14 minutes for 11 Ranking Points.

We did not generate one goal, here are the score sources...

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 9.31.07 pm.png

And here is the free kick breakdown...

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 9.31.55 pm.png

Far too many negatives tonight, very little positives. We’re a long way off it. The forward line needs a complete re-jig. We have to play West every week to see what he gives us a small, pressure forward. Lloyd is finished. Where is Dickson and Fergus Greene? Seriously, so many questions, but very little answers we’ve been getting the last 4 years.

Blame Bev and MC they should have told the players treat this like their main training session they would have shown more than what they did.

You can't have Wallis, Lloyd, and Gowers in the forward line at same time can you, can only have one of them.

At least now Bev you know exactly were we are at !
Having mentioned Wallis in the same sentence as Gowers and Lloyd is just wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back