Bad Experience - PALMERBET

johnnybulldog

Draftee
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sharing a legitimate horrific experience with Palmerbet which I was told if I was to do, they reserve the right for legal action for slander, but Grant, if you actually knew the meaning of slander, then you'd know it meant the actions of making a false claim to damage reputation, so here is the TRUTHFUL version of events of our experience.

As a male, I have accounts with all bookmakers, I bet under my own name and only my name.
I have a partner, she also enjoys a flutter on greyhounds and horses, especially around this time of the year, she picks numbers, names and colours, doesn't bet any other time.

We found a handy $500 deposit match with Palmerbet to get set up before Cup day for her on Tuesday which she was more than happy to do, it seemed like a fair deal, so without looking online at their reputation (we should have prior to joining) she created an account and made a $500 deposit.

As soon as the deposit was made, a $500 bonus appeared.
All going smoothly thus far.

She then picked her fav number in the next race which happened to be Sunshine Coast Race 7 #2 Whodunnit which was $2.30 and wagered the bonus bet on this horse because I told her, you might as well just have a throw at the stumps with the free bet and see if you can get some extra play money for cup day, so she did!

We watched the race and cheered together (I also backed it with Ladbrokes) and the horse won easily.

After the race was resulted we had found Palmerbet to have cancelled the bonus bet, so we made enquiries as to what had happened and was told by Grant the director that the account was not entitled to a bonus bet as the account was not actually being used by my partner and is a duplicate account.

Grant was very rude on the phone, swearing and insulting me continuously as I was trying to be reasonable to come to a mutual agreement, all the while being recorded as evidence.

I then advised in email a very reasonable request to have the original $500 refunded to the bank account and for the account to be closed as we didn't want to deal with their business or the $650 in winnings from the bonus bet to be paid to the account as per bonus bet rules, as my partner would prefer to bet elsewhere if they weren't going to pay up.

Grant continued to refuse to budge on either, so I advised a complaint to Racing NSW and OLGR would be made, he then threatened me with lawyers and to not email him again.

An hour later I sent an email outlining that the complaint had been made and that I would pursue the matter on principle for their deceptive conduct in cancelling a winning bet after it had resulted.

He then emailed me back wanting me to call him, I advised that it was well past a phone call now, as I had tried to come to an agreement earlier in the night, so I told him it's now in the hands of the relevant bodies to decide the outcome.

It's been a stressful night, all over $150 in additional pay out from Palmerbet, I wasn't going to be bullied by this corporate who thinks they have 1 set of rules and punters must just sit back and do what they are told. So, I wont rest, because it seems like hundreds of disgruntled punters have had issues with these guys in the past.

I also advised that the bank would be contacted tomorrow to put a hold of the Poli deposit while the dispute is in the hands of Racing NSW and Grant told me he would call the police and get the funds as he has done 3 times this year already.

Sabbathen

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Dude that sucks but I don’t think you will get all that far to be honest. I think it’s pretty standard practice not to offer deposit bonuses to secondary accounts under the same address. If you want some help to turn over your deposit risk free so you can withdraw, send me a PM.

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
I suggest you make a complaint with the ACCC for misleading and deceptive conduct if the facts are as you allege. Should be a pretty straightforward matter for them.

the_footy_god

Debutant
Apr 27, 2006
Hoppers
AFL Club
Collingwood
scumbags palmerbet are. they'll do whatever they can do get away from paying.

who are they to dictate if its you or your partner betting, my partner bets too, and she got her bonus with ladbrokes, we wouldn't go near palmerbet, heard too much rubbish about them

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Let me guess in situations like these where the bet wins they refuse to pay, but if the bet loses then the bookies are all good?

May 3, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
So you live in NSW? That sign-up bonus isn't permitted to NSW customers; could it have been that it was incorrectly credited to the account and before they realised, you had bet it and won? I'm not sure what the rules around bookies wrongly crediting bonuses etc. but I'd imagine they protect against human error in such instances

Grant told me he would call the police and get the funds as he has done 3 times this year already.
upload_2017-11-8_19-39-26.png

I call bullshit on"Grant" having called police and received money back three times this year.

He may have called police, and he may have received money back three times this year, but it would not be as a result of calling police. It's a civil matter. No criminality involved whatsoever. Police would advise him to direct his concerns with a solicitor, or a civil adminstrative tribunal.

PRANKSTER666

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2007
P-Town
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm reading this thinking when did I write this? Do I have alias schizophrenia? My wife loves to bet during carnival time too with bonus bets on fancy names and pretty colours and I just happen to bet on the same horses on my accounts too...what a coincidence these horses with fancy colours and names also follow my form...

I swore never to bet with Palmerbet again but dont insult our intelligence with that drivel about your other half loving to bet...

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
thoughts

a) it’s a standard rule 1 bonus per address.

b) they’re probably in the right to cancel a bonus within 2 hours of an automated system handing them out if it’s against their rules to give them in first place

c) I’m confused about the whole why are you answering her calls bit.

d) i already knew they were s**t

e) lol at the I’ll call the police comment

Good on you.

More bookmakers should be held to account for shonky practices.

Please let us know how it eventuates.

I've had mixed results with regulators previously but generally they should be there to protect the customer and even the playing field.

Bookmakers get away with so much that would not be accepted in any other industry.

Back