Discussion Bad Graphic Design

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the port logo being transparent, the real issue for me is that the port logo pretty much touches the V and the Richmond one is miles away.
Agreed, the transparency in this image isn't so bad due to the dark background and the fact the transparency is consistent throughout the whole logo. To the casual observer they might not even register it's transparent.

View attachment 656967

Not overall horrible, but a few anomalies...

YES. NO. YES. MAYBE. YES. NO. YES. NO. YES.
NO. NO. YES. NO. YES. YES. YES. NO. NO. NO.

Also they didn't even bother properly alphabetising it. People read left to right, top to bottom.

They ordered ABCCEFPRSGGGHMNSWW

Also they didn't even bother properly alphabetising it. People read left to right, top to bottom.

They stopped at Freo, then dropped down to the second line to continue at Geelong, then went from North back up to Port.

Waddafak

Having worked in this environment it's pretty common to see misuse of logos (dark outlined text/objects on logos on dark backgrounds is a rookie mistake)

I usually just put all the 'old' versions of logos in a folder simply called 'old' and just keep the current ones in there

I've noticed even foxtel use old version of AFL/A-League clubs a lot. All it takes is for the club to be like 'look here guys. you have been using our old logo. please delete all versions on file and use the attached' and send them the various versions of the current logo in print/digital format

PLUS i know for a fact anytime a club (or any organisation) re-brands it logo, they send a new suite to all media outlets/clubs/associations etc that would use their logo and even in some cases a style guide
I remember last season there was and ad on Channel 7 for the West Coast vs someone and 7 used the old Eagle head logo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

View attachment 656967

Not overall horrible, but a few anomalies...

They stopped at Freo, then dropped down to the second line to continue at Geelong, then went from North back up to Port.

Waddafak

Looks to me like they've taken an existing image of all 18 logos together and altered it to fit their banner. All logos are the "dark background" version, and I reckon the original had three lines of six clubs, but they've cut up the bottom line and added it to the sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T4_Carousel_CHASE_GOALS_1065x3865.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back