Discussion Bad Graphic Design

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but this is part of the Cotton On supporter gear. Every team has a two letter monogram. Not really bad graphic design tbh.
View attachment 1270782
I think he was following the words more than the monogram. And in that respect they've mangled every team bar West Coast, which funnily enough they could have appended 'Football Club' onto and still been technically correct.

Yeah but this is part of the Cotton On supporter gear. Every team has a two letter monogram. Not really bad graphic design tbh.
View attachment 1270782

I think he was following the words more than the monogram. And in that respect they've mangled every team bar West Coast, which funnily enough they could have appended 'Football Club' onto and still been technically correct.

We are not known as 'AC'.
Funny enough I didn't really even notice the Football Club part, so thats another thing wrong with it. We are also not known as the 'Adelaide Crows Football Club'.
Very poor design in my book if you stuff up the club naming twice, even if thats intentional.

Funny enough I didn't really even notice the Football Club part, so thats another thing wrong with it. We are also not known as the 'Adelaide Crows Football Club'.
Very poor design in my book if you stuff up the club naming twice, even if thats intentional.
You're confusing "poor graphic design" with "design template". Execution-wise, every logo "works" and fits into what they were trying to achieve, a two-letter monogram. This is a very specific design that is used for every club on this particular template. 99% of the other stuff on the same page just says "Crows" or Adelaide Crows, nothing mentions AFC because that isn't the template they are using, nor are they making specific merchandise catered to the Crows individual styling/language.

If you want to browse the other club ones, have a look here. They're all theoretically "wrong" but they are using a design template and achieve what they are trying to achieve and are good-ish quality.

You're confusing "poor graphic design" with "design template". Execution-wise, every logo "works" and fits into what they were trying to achieve, a two-letter monogram. This is a very specific design that is used for every club on this particular template. 99% of the other stuff on the same page just says "Crows" or Adelaide Crows, nothing mentions AFC because that isn't the template they are using, nor are they making specific merchandise catered to the Crows individual styling/language.

If you want to browse the other club ones, have a look here. They're all theoretically "wrong" but they are using a design template and achieve what they are trying to achieve and are good-ish quality.
If the template is trash, the design is trash in my book. These all look like Bali knock-offs and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one.

Also, WTF is that GWS monogram? :sick:🤮

If the template is trash, the design is trash in my book. These all look like Bali knock-offs and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one.

Also, WTF is that GWS monogram? :sick:🤮
Okay but you’re still confusing bad graphic design with a template you don’t like. This has been discussed in this thread before. Actual cleanliness of the concept is spot-on. Similar to the BBL Hawaiian shirts - not necessarily great, but delivered on what they set out to do.

It’s generic fan merch, I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. Also, FWIW, I think the designs are great and if I produced them, I’d be pretty chuffed with myself.

(Whoever did design these, if you’re reading this, I see you, and you did good.)

It’s generic fan merch, I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. Also, FWIW, I think the designs are great and if I produced them, I’d be pretty chuffed with myself.

(Whoever did design these, if you’re reading this, I see you, and you did good.)
Yeah the actual quality is pretty top-notch. They also did some NRL gear where they adapted the logos and colours to fit their styling, for some teams it works and for others it doesn't (mainly due to colours though).

Only Qld is weird. Acronyms or shortened start of state for rest.
maybe Victoria should be V and Queensland should be Q ?
technically they are correct: Qld is a shortened word, so gets spelt like that. Vic. and Tas. are the first 3 letters so that's why they get the full stop.

The English language really is the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their design package has been nice this year, but fixture is supposed to be function over form. That's is impossible to read

Why would you have 'Collingwood' large

Remove this Banner Ad

Back