Autopsy Bad injury run continues, R18 Dogs lose to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Still hold out hope it all clicks for him but he just looks miles off holding down a KPF spot.

Sucks BTC is injured too (even our small injuries hurt :( **** this ******* campaigner of a year) as I dont think Minno is up to it anymore and we absolutely must bring in another ruckman. Especially with Red gone Boyd should not spend a single minute in the ruck for the rest of the year and then finally we can see what Boyd can do in his preferred position.

Personally Im not holding out much hope for his output.

At this stage he drops easy marks, misjudges the ball in the air, is absolutely terrible with his body use in the contest and then misses easy set shots when he gets a rare chance. Only time he looks dangerous is when he has a bit of space to jump (whose that whole description remind you of...) and even then he still usually drops the mark or at the very best double clunks it. He may as well have bricks for hands (and feet for that matter) Look I dont doubt he will be a good solid afl player in time but if he was half as good a talent as he was supposed to be he'd already be playing wayyy better than he is.
your last paragraph is really true. maybe this is where i've been misunderstanding BRWB 's and your positions on him. For someone who really was a pre draft messiah, he ain't anywhere near it. I'd agree his body use and been crap and his hands have been really poor at afl level.

I am impressed by his ruck work and never really mind having him in the side, but he's a fair way off being what anyone thought he would be.

Glad he's on our list though and hope it really is just that he's nowhere near where he will be fitness wise.

I remember after round 1 of 2013 i stuck the boots into Stringer (to be fair it was just his second year). I thought he was fat and gassed at all times at afl level and i doubted he'd ever get fit enough at the level. By the end of that season he was an emerging player in the league and by the next year he was AA. I know it's nearly two years later in Boyd's development, but i hope a moment comes where he's just like "yeh, nah i'm good at this s**t"

like i said, there's good signs here and there, i've liked his disposal by hand in congestion lately, his tackling, i like his ruck work, but he'd wanna improve a heap to become what everyone thought he was pre draft

In my view he was a bit meh in the ruck- probably beaten, but as soon as he went back to cover Moz he was off the chain good- dominant
He was a disaster in the centre ruck work
A complete disaster
Not as bad around the ground but in the middle non competitive. Minson might be hopeless around the ground but he does not permit the centre square to become a one way street.

He was a disaster in the centre ruck work
A complete disaster
Not as bad around the ground but in the middle non competitive. Minson might be hopeless around the ground but he does not permit the centre square to become a one way street.
luckily across the year his centre bounce ruck work's been alright. he's very leapy is usually handy in there

your last paragraph is really true. maybe this is where i've been misunderstanding BRWB 's and your positions on him. For someone who really was a pre draft messiah, he ain't anywhere near it. I'd agree his body use and been crap and his hands have been really poor at afl level.

I am impressed by his ruck work and never really mind having him in the side, but he's a fair way off being what anyone thought he would be.

Glad he's on our list though and hope it really is just that he's nowhere near where he will be fitness wise.

I remember after round 1 of 2013 i stuck the boots into Stringer (to be fair it was just his second year). I thought he was fat and gassed at all times at afl level and i doubted he'd ever get fit enough at the level. By the end of that season he was an emerging player in the league and by the next year he was AA. I know it's nearly two years later in Boyd's development, but i hope a moment comes where he's just like "yeh, nah i'm good at this s**t"

like i said, there's good signs here and there, i've liked his disposal by hand in congestion lately, his tackling, i like his ruck work, but he'd wanna improve a heap to become what everyone thought he was pre draft
Agree with all of that. Look my post was probably a bit harsh. Still pretty shattered about the weekend and probably going a bit over the top. He has impressed me at times but yeah i think its just the fact that I expected so much more from him and hes not even close to meeting my expectations.

Biggest disappointment for me has been his marking, I guess after years of key forwards who plucked one mark in every 15 contests while at the other end of the ground the opposition is clunking contested mark after contested marking I was so excited at the prospect of this huge beast with elite marking ability coming into the club but its been anything but that.

TBH it will only take him one good game for me to be right back on board :p, needs to spend his time forward now though with Red gone (fear for reds career :()

Agree with all of that. Look my post was probably a bit harsh. Still pretty shattered about the weekend and probably going a bit over the top. He has impressed me at times but yeah i think its just the fact that I expected so much more from him and hes not even close to meeting my expectations.

Biggest disappointment for me has been his marking, I guess after years of key forwards who plucked one mark in every 15 contests while at the other end of the ground the opposition is clunking contested mark after contested marking I was so excited at the prospect of this huge beast with elite marking ability coming into the club but its been anything but that.

TBH it will only take him one good game for me to be right back on board :p, needs to spend his time forward now though with Red gone (fear for reds career :()
i agree. sadly, i don't see how he plays forward. Our best set up while BTC is out has him and Rough sharing ruck duties, which is a huge pity because it'll affect Boyd when playing forward

i agree. sadly, i don't see how he plays forward. Our best set up while BTC is out has him and Rough sharing ruck duties, which is a huge pity because it'll affect Boyd when playing forward
Yeah wish we could see the big trio of Rough, BTC and Boyd together. That would work a treat I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back