Review Bad, Ugly, and Horrendous vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs beating Sydney, port beating Melbourne and Brisbane beating West Coast make me feel slightly less bad about today's pathetic display. But still, it was our home deck and a lost opportunity to bag 4 points and set the scene

Bulldogs beating Sydney, port beating Melbourne and Brisbane beating West Coast make me feel slightly less bad about today's pathetic display. But still, it was our home deck and a lost opportunity to bag 4 points and set the scene
Top 8 is gonna look funny when you consider one of the Suns and the Saints will be in there.

I'll admit we miss him more than I thought....... BUT, the fact we are still trying the 2017 model is partially to do with it, actually it's not partial at all.

Have Jenkins up there, play Fog and use Lynch as the high forward. Eddie stays on the deck, Stengle comes in and sniffs around the packs and rest a midfielder who is strong overhead like Sloane or Greenwood.

We will never drop the captain but it has to happen.
I wonder if part of the dual captains equation was that it enables walker to be dropped on form.

Nah who am I kidding

I'll admit we miss him more than I thought....... BUT, the fact we are still trying the 2017 model is partially to do with it, actually it's not partial at all.

Have Jenkins up there, play Fog and use Lynch as the high forward. Eddie stays on the deck, Stengle comes in and sniffs around the packs and rest a midfielder who is strong overhead like Sloane or Greenwood.

We will never drop the captain but it has to happen.

Our forward structure that we used this game is a long way away from our 2017 model, three talls for a starter, and an extra small forward who'd good defensively.

Not only that, but you do realise you literally suggested the 2017 model just then right (and not the good 2017 either, the s**t one where we didn't have McGovern, and to compound it no genuinely good defensive small)?

There is no reason to try 4 talls now unless we are getting the tank on. It won't work, because we've lost the only reason it did work against similar quality opposition to Carlton.

We lost a big opportunity to put distance on them which is what hurts, but that does nullify a lot of the damage this loss could have done.

Our forward structure that we used this game is a long way away from our 2017 model, three talls for a starter, and an extra small forward who'd good defensively.

Not only that, but you do realise you literally suggested the 2017 model just then right (and not the good 2017 either, the s**t one where we didn't have McGovern, and even worse defensively with no genuinely good defensive small)?
It wasn't really.

You had the same 3 talls with Knight spudding it up and Murphy being a non event. The only difference was Tex moved slightly better even with injury in 2017.

We never rested a mid I'll grant you, but Greenwood can do a similar job to Gov.

We lost a big opportunity to put distance on them which is what hurts, but that does nullify a lot of the damage this loss could have done.

Oh my god, our fans are still talking like we're contenders.

Last year Milera was a revelation at half back and looked like he could be anything if he continued on in that position. Smith, as we know, has been a gun in this position, an AA in 2014. Yet we moved both from the position where they have dominated so we could find a position for David *******Mackay. Nothing symbolizes the AFC of the last 20 years more than this horrendous move. Nothing symbolizes the AFC quite like David ******Mackay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he offers defensive pressure. The most important thing a small forward offers in the modern game.
Again, he doesn't really do that either.

And goals are the most important thing. That's what McCarthy is doing today, Charlie too. You can't just provide pressure, because when that drops off you have nothing..... like Knight and Murphy today.

It wasn't really.

You had the same 3 talls with Knight spudding it up and Murphy being a non event. The only difference was Tex moved slightly better even with injury in 2017.

We never rested a mid I'll grant you, but Greenwood can do a similar job to Gov.

Basic maths dude. We had 3 talls then, we operated with 4 in 2017. Funnily enough, switching a tall for a small does alter a structure rather significantly.

By going for adding Fogarty for a small, you are recreating what we were trying to do in 2017, and 2018 in that it is forgoing the notion that defensive pressure is actually important and gunning for the we'll outscore you mode (especially as we don't have Cameron who covered a lot of that pressure component). A recent look at who won the premierships tells you that is a very bad idea.

Switching down to 3 talls, and opting for 2 defensive competent smalls (which is what we're trying to do) is the right call structurally. Whether they're capable is another story.

Basic maths dude. We had 3 talls then, we operated with 4 in 2017. Funnily enough, switching a tall for a small does alter a structure rather significantly.

By going for adding Fogarty for a small, you are recreating what we were trying to do in 2017, and 2018 in that it is forgoing the notion that defensive pressure is actually important and gunning for the we'll outscore you mode (especially as we don't have Cameron who covered a lot of that pressure component). A recent look at who won the premierships tells you that is a very bad idea.

Switching down to 3 talls, and opting for 2 defensive competent smalls (which is what we're trying to do) is the right call structurally. Whether they're capable is another story.
I'm not adding Fog for a small, but unfortunately we aren't dropping the captain.

Last year Milera was a revelation at half back and looked like he could be anything if he continued on in that position. Smith, as we know, has been a gun in this position, an AA in 2014. Yet we moved both from the position where they have dominated so we could find a position for David *******Mackay. Nothing symbolizes the AFC of the last 20 years more than this horrendous move. Nothing symbolizes the AFC quite like David ******Mackay.

Milera turns the ball over too much and isn't diligent enough on his man to play in defence, he's better up on the wing where his occasional brain fades hurt less. As it was they all rotated everywhere, especially during the last quarter when the box was throwing all the s**t it had at the wall hoping something would stick.

My positivity lasted 4 quarters. From what I saw tonight, the Crows of 2019 will be much like the Crows of 2018, maybe even worse.

Worse. Older, and a coach further from his usefulness.

My positivity lasted about 10 minutes. That's a record low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back