Review Bad/Ugly vs Fremantle, R5 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

No, we're not. Their disposal is pathetic (like many others). I think you'll struggle to get support for the idea that their disposal would be improved by playing in a less-pathetic side.

Hopefully we don’t sell them with this on the label.
I’d certainly be suggesting they just need a decent side to shine in for better currency. 🤫

Of course they’d be playing better footy in a better side — and that includes them exibiting better disposal. Those who think otherwise probably haven’t played footy? It comes down to confidence and pressure - both external and physical. Could their disposal be better? Yes. Are Crows fans too hard on two blokes who are trying to carry an SANFL-level midfield? Yes.

And if you want any evidence, simply look back to 2017. Were we potting them from every angle? No. Because they were playing good footy in a GOOD SIDE.

When it rains it pours. The crouch Bros are soaked. Give them a towel and move your concerns to the people who are actually to blame. This is why we, as supporters, cop so much s**t from other supporters.

Of course they’d be playing better footy in a better side — and that includes them exibiting better disposal. Those who think otherwise probably haven’t played footy? It comes down to confidence and pressure - both external and physical. Could their disposal be better? Yes. Are Crows fans too hard on two blokes who are trying to carry an SANFL-level midfield? Yes.

And if you want any evidence, simply look back to 2017. Were we potting them from every angle? No. Because they were playing good footy in a GOOD SIDE.

When it rains it pours. The crouch Bros are soaked. Give them a towel and move your concerns to the people who are actually to blame. This is why we, as supporters, cop so much sh*t from other supporters.

Under no circumstance a midfield with its key pieces of Sloane, Brouch and Mrouch SANFL standard. Two of them have had AA, two of them are in their peak years. They all have more than enough talent to elevate, but they do not gel. It is their job to elevate the rest of the midfield to an AFL level, as it certainly has enough talent to do so, and yet, they've been failing week in week out.

We are a SANFL level midfield because of what the Crouches (and Sloane) are producing as a trio, not in spite of their efforts. It's on the Crouches and Sloane that we are losing clearances on average by >10, that our ball movement is stagnant etc. It all starts in the midfield.

You're genuinely gloating about the selection panel who picked Mackay

No I’m addressing you saying I’m generally wrong, when my quote was proven correct. Poholke is an ok player. Fact is he had 7 touches and was a non-factor, and as one of the last selected any time he does make the side, he was likely to be dropped after that. The selection of Mackay is a completely different issue. I have no concept of how Sholl isn’t getting a game. Maybe they’ve decided to give D-Mac a farewell, who knows. I would’ve farewelled him 2 years ago.

No I’m addressing you saying I’m generally wrong, when my quote was proven correct. Poholke is an ok player. Fact is he had 7 touches and was a non-factor, and as one of the last selected any time he does make the side, he was likely to be dropped after that. The selection of Mackay is a completely different issue. I have no concept of how Sholl isn’t getting a game. Maybe they’ve decided to give D-Mac a farewell, who knows. I would’ve farewelled him 2 years ago.
The selection of Mackay IS an issue if you are dropping a younger player after 2 games

Poholke went at 100% DE - thats clean. He was in the forward pocket a lot - His selection was for M Crouch - M Crouch spends 1 week on the sideline then back in - Poholke goes forward - thats wrong

Whether Poholke had 0 or 20 touches he was getting dropped as the pressure on Nicks to get a win grows and grows - rebuilds dont start with playing the older players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back