Review Bad/Ugly vs Fremantle, R5 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
- Dunstall's subtle digs at senior players constantly, and high praise for our kids. He knows it's a sh*tshow.
- Talia
- Hamill
- Keays
- McAdam

Bad: Basic skills. Fundamental, junior-level skills.

Ugly: Putting Crouch/Crouch/Sloane in the guts to start the final quarter, despite a good 3rd quarter when we changed it up, only to concede 4 clearances in a row and the game was basically over.

Good:
- Dunstall's subtle digs at senior players constantly, and high praise for our kids. He knows it's a sh*tshow.
- Talia
- Hamill
- Keays
- McAdam

Bad: Basic skills. Fundamental, junior-level skills.

Ugly: Putting Crouch/Crouch/Sloane in the guts to start the final quarter, despite a good 3rd quarter when we changed it up, only to concede 4 clearances in a row and the game was basically over.
Sloane attended zero centre bounces in the match.

The senior players let the team down. Again. Drop them and keep them out for at least a month. None of this one week in the reserves and straight back in. Laird, the Crouches, Tex especially. Loved the Chief laying into them while praising the kids.

Dunstall's subtle digs at senior players constantly, and high praise for our kids. He knows it's a sh*tshow

I ******* loved that. The crouchs in particular

There was good as his name was Hamill. McAdam looks likely to provide a highlight at some point. Talia was good. Keays ain't a great footy player but he does try.

Bad: kicking, goalkicking, decision making. Why can't we just do what we do in the third quarters in all four? (Rhetorical, we know why).

Ugly: Senior players bar Talia. *ing woeful. Sloane sucks. Crouch x 2 are out for themselves. Tex is useless. Laird is a small, small man.

Summary - play the *in kids. McHenry rooted it up a few times but he is a trier. Persist. Jones looks okay when he gets a go. Even Frampton showed something second half. But again, Will Hamill, just adds pace we don't have anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was good as his name was Hamill. McAdam looks likely to provide a highlight at some point. Talia was good. Keays ain't a great footy player but he does try.

Bad: kicking, goalkicking, decision making. Why can't we just do what we do in the third quarters in all four? (Rhetorical, we know why).

Ugly: Senior players bar Talia. f*n woeful. Sloane sucks. Crouch x 2 are out for themselves. Tex is useless. Laird is a small, small man.

Summary - play the fu**in kids. McHenry rooted it up a few times but he is a trier. Persist. Jones looks okay when he gets a go. Even Frampton showed something second half. But again, Will Hamill, just adds pace we don't have anywhere else.

Keays was more damaging than both Crouches combined.

Good:
ROB - really plays with heart.
Hamill - signs are there, long term Smith replacement.
Poholke - should be played permanently as a forward, can take a mark.
McAdam - needs to play rest of the season as has some X Factor.

Bad:
Gameplan - slow, backwards, sideways.....
Sloane - looks shot, shouldnt have played.

Ugly:
Goalking - embarrassing
Tex - will be dropped. 6 touches, disinterested most of the game.

Kids kept us in it and the senior players kept us from winning it. I don't know what it will take for them not to play Crouch Crouch Sloane in the middle. Maybe it's a tanking tactic?

I’ve given Nicks a lot of rope this season because frankly, the team he has inherited is devoid of any talent, but starting Crouch Crouch in the middle in the last is inexcusable. When you look at the stats this is by far our worst setup clearance wise and Lo and behold we give up 4 clearances on the trot.

Good - from the youngsters - Doedee straight back into it. Hamill backing himself and tucking the ball under his arm a few times, McHenry progressively getting more involved, McAdam knows he can play at this level.

Smith finally showing some dash.

Keays tried hard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kids kept us in it and the senior players kept us from winning it. I don't know what it will take for them not to play Crouch Crouch Sloane in the middle. Maybe it's a tanking tactic?
Sloane attended zero centre bounces.

Would love to know who was responsible for the 2018 draft. Who ultimately made the call as to who we drafted. I hope that person was one of those that were booted form the club.

Keays – Limited player but one of the few who plays with passion

Hamill – Has a future

McAdam - Lively

I’m looking forward to a stream of top 5 picks coming into the club in the next 4 to 5 years but my big concern is what we are going to make sure we can retain them.

The only senior players (over 24 years) who are keepers at the end of this year are Brown or Kelly, Talia, Hartigan (a big body for depth), Sloane, O'Brien.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back