Opinion Bagging of players on our list

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point, even though I'd argue that most lifters competing in World Champs are not self funded.

When was the last time you heard bagging of a player (or an official) in a more polite sport, like tennis or golf? Certainly isn't a common thing.

Bagging is applicable to codes of football and other more parochial endeavours. I guess it is fuelled by the passion and the emotional charge.
Without looking, you’d think there was some serious Tomic threads out there.
Though tennis/golf are very much individual based so I expect not many “bagging” posts. If your a fan you post, if your not you don’t go looking.
Much different from team sports.

Well played. They do get criticized but do they get bagged? Do their own fans call them spuds during the game?
Very different crowd situations.
Golf crowds are close to the players. That are even told to stfu while the player is having a shot.
Tennis the same. No noise allowed on serve.
AFL. Noise encouraged!
Noise, movement encouraged when having a set shot.
Seriously not comparable in anyway to Tennis/Golf.

Fair point, even though I'd argue that most lifters competing in World Champs are not self funded.

When was the last time you heard bagging of a player (or an official) in a more polite sport, like tennis or golf? Certainly isn't a common thing.

Bagging is applicable to codes of football and other more parochial endeavours. I guess it is fuelled by the passion and the emotional charge.

Well off-topic now but it does happen. At Jordan Spieth’s wedding last year, US country singer Jake Owen felt the need to confront Phil Mickelson to complain about the $30 and four hours he wasted watching Phil play Tiger on pay per view. Phil pulls out a fat roll of cash, peels off a $100 bill then says “I won 90,000 of these yesterday. Take this and go f-k yourself”.

If only players had the right of reply on BF.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without looking, you’d think there was some serious Tomic threads out there.
Though tennis/golf are very much individual based so I expect not many “bagging” posts. If your a fan you post, if your not you don’t go looking.
Much different from team sports.

Bagging goes hand in hand with passionate supporters channeling their highly charged emotions. Unlikely scenario in some sports, guaranteed in others.

You have golf on one side of the ledger, and latin-American soccer on the other extreme.

As can be your want, great Grundy has articulated this so well.
Well said.

Agree, the Crisp comment wasn’t bagging, but TD was using a colourful expression but not in a nasty way.
I believe he was defending Aish at the time and went for a crisp defence.

The whole gambling speculation and the intent (in my view) of presenting our player in a dreadful light was way over the edge. Not needed. That’s why I defended.

If any player has genuine issues then they are far better not getting the crap kicked out of them, by their own.
Far better to assist by support and guidance to professional help.

Just my take.
That is the one thing that will never be proved one way or the other... gotta cross to the other side to find out about that.
Maybe so but I think most people instinctively know whether gods have any place in their belief system. Though a gut feeling hardly counts as proof.

Labor lost the election! I’ll say what I like about any player.
I’m a professional comedian, so it’s ok to poke fun at people....
No you’re all right, I’ll be very dignified upon my next succulent meal at the spud bar.

Bagging goes hand in hand with passionate supporters channeling their highly charged emotions. Unlikely scenario in some sports, guaranteed in others.

You have golf on one side of the ledger, and latin-American soccer on the other extreme.
Golf is an individual sport.
Soccer is a team sport.
Again, hard to compare the two in terms of fan interaction. Positive and Negative.

Well off-topic now but it does happen. At Jordan Spieth’s wedding last year, US country singer Jake Owen felt the need to confront Phil Mickelson to complain about the $30 and four hours he wasted watching Phil play Tiger on pay per view. Phil pulls out a fat roll of cash, peels off a $100 bill then says “I won 90,000 of these yesterday. Take this and go f-k yourself”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didn’t know players were banned from BF.
May be time to review that Rule.

That is the one thing that will never be proved one way or the other... gotta cross to the other side to find out about that.
Other side?
Houdini couldn’t prove there was another “side”.
So clearly doesn’t exist.
Unless you are talking about crossing to Carlton.
In which case, wash your mouth out with soap!

Other side?
Houdini couldn’t prove there was another “side”.
So clearly doesn’t exist.
Unless you are talking about crossing to Carlton.
In which case, wash your mouth out with soap!

Once you exit the mortal realm in death you have crossed over, whether there's nothing there or something there, you're not coming back.

Once you exit the mortal realm in death you have crossed over, whether there's nothing there or something there, you're not coming back.
Except there are charletons out there who will take your money to connect you with those on “the other side”.
Houdini left his wife with key phrases that he would use when “connected” by one of these people. She spent the rest of her life trying to get connected.
Never happened.
So if Houdini couldn’t get a genuine message through, no one can.

In Thailand or Cambodia the players would be able to sue for libel. That kind of consequence would make posters think twice before calling someone a spud or speculating about their gambling debts.

On the other hand, referring to Crisp last Saturday as a 'human turnover machine' is probably quite legitimate in the context of his performance in that game.

For some reason anything that starts to describe a “human something or rather” make me think “human centipede”. My mind is corrupt after that movie and I only saw the previews!

On a side I avoid these forums after a loss. It’s just frustration being aired without much recourse. I also like that our forum isn’t overly moderated. Freedom of speech is the centrepiece for good conversation even when you disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The book of Ted

Upon death you will find yourself in a not too disimilar looking place to your current surroundings, so similar in fact that Tibetan monks wake up every day and assume they are dead and in the Bardo (afterworld) just in case. This environment will be a construct of your own mind and there will be a settling period where you may be greeted by those you know that have gone before you (most likely also mental constructs) and help you adjust to the transition. Then the great karmic forces will click into gear and you will begin your life review (in reverse from death to birth) vividly experiencing every emotion (good, bad and indifferent) that you have caused all the other people in your life, every single interaction, and depending on the life lived it may be a brutal or beautiful experience, the true source of the heaven and hell myth. Upon completion of your life review you will stand naked before the only judge you will ever meet on this journey (yourself) and with the clear light of logic (free from form and restrictive matter) you will see with all humility and clarity where you have aided evolution, and where you have hindered evolution. This will set up the karmic material (lessons to still be learnt) for your next life. Rinse and repeat til perfected and you are one with all existence.

Attachments

• 2247os.jpg
    2247os.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Has anyone heard the rumour that Liz Hurley has been asking about me?...
Yeah I did. Think she wanted to thank you for taking her side over Warney’s in 2015

I dont like Warne. I'm jealous of anyone who gets to have sex with Liz Hurley.

If we're going to take a big enough leap to imagine life after death, it seems a shame to rule out reincarnation.

I'd like to come back as a more handsome, enlightened individual. In other words, pretty much myself but someone who spends considerably less time on Big Footy.

For mine if you critique a player's game, lack or poor skills in a particular area, that is not bagging.
Agree with this definition as long as it’s not posted ad nauseum and in every thread including those where it’s not relevant to the discussion.

Swanny and Ben Johnson came on here to troll after games when they were playing (true)

But yeah, that was a different era. For players’ well-being it’s best they stay away from places like this. I do wonder if the industry will evolve to players having professional social media representatives. Sure, it probably is already starting to happen ... but it’ll be interesting to see where it goes.

Last edited:
You're welcome. We're entering an era of 360 feedback here. BTW, you correctly pointed out that I incorrectly said that most of your posts were irrelevant. I should have said that I found them irrelevant. Of course, you think that they're relevant. We ALL think our posts are relevant. I thank you for the feedback and I hope you say something negative about me in the future....to provide balance of course..
:kissingheart:

For me its when tbe comment is personal ie about courage,vanilla dropkick, useless, spud etc rather than analysing a players skillset

But what if they are all those things its a statement of the obvious.

For mine a "personal" attack is just that something unrelated to footy and more personal to the player.

If a player constantly shows twinkle toes in the contest or is an avid head ducker he should be called on it, you cant afford players to be constantly pulling out when the heat is on.
If a player is constantly crap and getting played people are going to call them on that too.
If a player lacks any discernible stand out features to his game ie not quick, average skills, doesn't get a lot of it, small, he will get the plodder vanilla calls because it is a descriptor of his ability. This is not personal but observational and related to team dynamics.

People releasing frustrations.

Last edited:
I opened this thread hoping to read a lot of gratuitous criticism

Might get us back on track...

ottoman, were you 10 or 11 before you had more hair on your ar$e than your head?

You still dating that Hello Kitty inflatable?

Rubbing yourself in icing sugar doesn't make you the Turkish Delight

PS keep sending pics xx

If we're going to take a big enough leap to imagine life after death, it seems a shame to rule out reincarnation.

I'd like to come back as a more handsome, enlightened individual. In other words, pretty much myself but someone who spends considerably less time on Big Footy.

OK I'll adjust and say youre not coming back as who you used to be... And being devastatingly handsome is not all its cracked up to be.

The idea that a fan bagging a player demonstrates that he is a passionate supporter is probably one of the biggest things in sport that annoys me. I think it is ridiculous. Does it mean that if you don't bag your own players, you're not passionate about the team?

It's a bit like saying that Richmond supporters are so passionate about their team, that they desert them when things start going bad because they can't bear to see them lose.

Being passionate doesnt have to mean being negative about your own players. You can be passionate in a positive way. It's interesting to note that teams are big on congratulating each other after goals etc, and dont like it when players go negative on each other. Remember Brendan Goddard over his time.... sure he was passionate and was probably giving accurate feedback but the negativity didnt help to win the game.

Generally I think that people who post negative things about their team are showing off .... it happens a lot on the net. Preening.

The book of Ted

Upon death you will find yourself in a not too disimilar looking place to your current surroundings, so similar in fact that Tibetan monks wake up every day and assume they are dead and in the Bardo (afterworld) just in case. This environment will be a construct of your own mind and there will be a settling period where you may be greeted by those you know that have gone before you (most likely also mental constructs) and help you adjust to the transition. Then the great karmic forces will click into gear and you will begin your life review (in reverse from death to birth) vividly experiencing every emotion (good, bad and indifferent) that you have caused all the other people in your life, every single interaction, and depending on the life lived it may be a brutal or beautiful experience, the true source of the heaven and hell myth. Upon completion of your life review you will stand naked before the only judge you will ever meet on this journey (yourself) and with the clear light of logic (free from form and restrictive matter) you will see with all humility and clarity where you have aided evolution, and where you have hindered evolution. This will set up the karmic material (lessons to still be learnt) for your next life. Rinse and repeat til perfected and you are one with all existence.
Just how drunk was I last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back