Official Team Thread Baghdad Bombers S24 Official Team Thread - CONGRATULATIONS S24 ANT555 MEDALIST KOHPHI

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys. Looks like I missed a ripping game. And still managed to be our best player...

Anyway. Sorry I was absent for the last three days. I had to put my old dog out of his misery, after 13 years together, and it got me down a fair bit. I’ll be up and and about next week. Just too sad at the moment.

But, good win boys! I sense a late charge at back to back.

Hey guys. Looks like I missed a ripping game. And still managed to be our best player...

Anyway. Sorry I was absent for the last three days. I had to put my old dog out of his misery, after 13 years together, and it got me down a fair bit. I’ll be up and and about next week. Just too sad at the moment.

Not good news about your dog mate, it’s always hard to make that decision.

giphy.gif

It's sad when that happens mate. Sorry to hear

So sorry to hear that Coach. Best wishes to you and the family and this week we do it for Big Sarge!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear that mate, never a good time as pets of this age are family.

That's s**t mate, I have 2 naughty Shih tzus, not sure what i would do without them.

Guys, thank you so much for the kind words and support. This may be a fake league, but you’re real teammates...

Sarge was crook for a long time, but the big fella hung in there as long as he could.
Malamutes live to about 12, he was 14 and sick, so he did pretty well. We’ll all miss him, especially my other dog Maya who’s been howling all weekend...

D4443AA3-C98E-4E4A-AFA4-BE5D34670F0F.jpeg
R.I.P Sarge.

Guys, thank you so much for the kind words and support. This may be a fake league, but you’re real teammates...

Sarge was crook for a long time, but the big fella hung in there as long as he could.
Malamutes live to about 12, he was 14 and sick, so he did pretty well. We’ll all miss him, especially my other dog Maya who’s been howling all weekend...

View attachment 428720
R.I.P Sarge.

RIP Sarge you will be missed friend. Always here for ya mate

View attachment 428720
R.I.P Sarge.

I know the pain well. We had two Jack Russels form different litters but similar ages. Mork and Mindy. Mork only went on another few months after Mindy died. You could say the old boy was hart broken after the loss of his girl. Can not complain really, we had the dogs for 15 years, have had 2 of our cats live past 20 years and the most recent one who passed was 14.
Currently we have 2 9 month old kittens and no curtains ...

1tp5ec.jpg

Howdy lads, welcome to the belated R.10 match report..Well what can I say, after the disgraceful performance against the Demons where at one stage they had kicked 13 goals to our 1, we knew it was going to be a tough week on the track..
Coache Fatima had us doing all sorts of weird s**t to try and arrest our horrid form slump..
(Trust_in_sps and LicoriceAllsorts paying the price)

200w_d-44.gif

And even I, the premier ruckman in the SFA wasn't left out. After complaining to Fatima that I had an upset stomach, she sent me off to do some core strengthening excercises in the stairwell of Bombers headquarters at Abdu Prison..

funny-gif-stairs-accident-fail.gif

We got through the week battered and bruised and determimed to wreak havoc on the Roys.

full.png
Versus

265767_4fa5c9e3e1c75fe5d911b441bdf199e0.png

We pick up proceedings early in the Ist qtr..

1 : 0 {C} - That's a shocking bounce!.
1 : .1 {C} - Mobbenfuhrer picks it up on the bounce

The Bombers plan to bring some physicality to the contest paid dividends as KohPhi finished off some tough work initiated by ant555

1 : 1.49 {CHB} - Wise Guy Sam crunched by ant555! Wise Guy Sam very slow to get up.
1 : 1.52 {CHF} - ant555 with a moment to look downfield.
1 : 1.57 {lHFF} - A short kick to PhenomenalV1.
1 : 2.01 {lHFF} - PhenomenalV1 takes the mark.
1 : 2.07 {lHFF} - PhenomenalV1 slowing down the play.
1 : 2.11 {lHFF} - Passes to miggs by hand.
1 : 2.15 {lFP} - Huge handpass to KohPhi. As good as a kick.
1 : 2.19 {lFP} - KohPhi has time to take a bounce.
1 : 2.24 {lFP} - A gimme goal coming up if KohPhi keeps his cool.
1 : 2.28 {lFP} - Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaallll

The Roys not to be denied kicked the next two majors, however it was obvious for all to see that the Bombers weren't going to lay down.

1 : 11.11 {C} - Tony Lynn 15 might be in trouble with the tribunal after that tackle on Mobbenfuhrer. Play on is the call

1 : 13.25 {CHB} - fitzroybowiedog on the end of this.
1 : 13.29 {CHB} - Crunching tackle by HaroLad

This physical approach led directly to our second goal.

1 : 15.51 {FF} - royboy2 will take this. No - he's dropped it.
1 : 15.55 {FF} - BEEG breaks a tackle and is off.
1 : 16 {FF} - A gimme goal coming up if BEEG keeps his cool.
1 : 16.04 {FF} - BEEG just scrapes it in for a goal

Both sides were scrapping hard, yet individual displays of brilliance were prominent

1 : 17.24 {lHBF} - iDon takes one of the best marks you'll ever see.

However, the Bombers physical approach was never too far away

1 : 18.01 {rBP} - Roylion breaks free and has found some space.
1 : 18.05 {rBP} - Someone call an ambulance for Roylion. Trust_in_sps lined him up and did the job well

tumblr_mbhqdkMwG91roo8qmo1_250.gif

And again, a Bombers goal eventuated out of another tough bit of play

1 : 18.38 {FB} - Crackerjack bump by miggs on Azarole.
1 : 18.42 {lFP} - Nobody's checking Trust_in_sps.
1 : 18.48 {lFP} - Trust_in_sps let's fly toward goal.
1 : 18.52 {lFP} - And Trust_in_sps gets it

Skipper Harolad was inspired and left his mark on his opposing number.

1 : 22 {rHBF} - Handpasses to fitzroybowiedog.

EKA favourite BEEG stamped his authority on the contest and notched up the Bombers fourth.

1 : 22.37 {FB} - BEEG upset the marking attempt by royboy2.
1 : 22.41 {FF} - Nobody's checking BEEG.
1 : 22.45 {FF} - BEEG screws it round his body.
1 : 22.49 {FF} - And he gets it.

The Bombers came out firing, but the Roys withstood the pressure and managed three majors of their own.

SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 1
Baghdad Bombers : 4.2.26
Roys FFC : 3.0.18

The Bombers dominated the start of the 2nd but couldn't capitalise

2 : 4.37 {CHF} - KohPhi too far out to score - or is he?.
2 : 4.41 {CHF} - The umpires consult and decide that one shaved the post

2 : 5.19 {lFP} - With the ball is Trust_in_sps.
2 : 5.23 {lFP} - Trust_in_sps has a shot at goal.
2 : 5.27 {lFP} - Ohhr he should have drilled it

2 : 8.45 {rW} - With the ball is LicoriceAllsorts.
2 : 8.49 {rW} - That's gonna go mighty close!.
2 : 8.53 {rW} - LicoriceAllsorts wants a goal! Or maybe a behind. Great behind

But the constant pressure in the Roys backline eventually paid dividends

2 : 9.06 {FB} - royboy2 is tackled beautifully by BEEG.
2 : 9.09 {rFP} - okeydoke7 wants to get on with proceedings.
2 : 9.13 {rFP} - okeydoke7 eye's the goals and has a shot.
2 : 9.18 {rFP} - It's going to result in a goal. Goal to okeydoke7

The Roys pulled one back but okeydoke7 restored order

2 : 16.43 {rFP} - okeydoke7 breaks a tackle and is off.
2 : 16.47 {rFP} - okeydoke7 - about 45 metres and not much angle.
2 : 16.51 {rFP} - That is the one the best goals I have seen

Veteran shermy also took some tough pills during the week and his physicality saw BEEG bring up our seventh and give the Bombers a near 3 goal buffer. The Bombers were wearing everything the Roys could dish out.

tumblr_mboqr95d011ri08goo1_400.gif

2 : 17.36 {FB} - Shermy might be in trouble with the tribunal after that tackle on fitzroybowiedog. Play on is the call.
2 : 17.4 {FF} - Now BEEG has the ball. What can he do with it?.
2 : 17.45 {FF} - Not a lot of daylight for BEEG to aim at.
2 : 17.49 {FF} - Put down your glasses - its a major

iDon extended the lead

2 : 20.48 {rHFF} - Almost a throw to iDon.
2 : 20.54 {rHFF} - That's a monster kick ....
2 : 20.58 {rHFF} - I think he's snuck it in. Full points

Before 3 goals to the Roys in redtime evened up proceedings

SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 2
Baghdad Bombers : 8.5.53
Roys FFC : 8.2.50

The Bombers had dominated the 1st half yet only had a 3 point lead. Fatima made wholesale positional changes determined not to let this game slide.

images.jpeg

The Roys came out firing after the main break and kicked the first 2 goals. It was up to BluCrew members PhenomenalV1 and KohPhi to snap the Bombers out of this lull.

3 : 8.53 {lHFF} - Nobody's checking PhenomenalV1.
3 : 8.57 {lFP} - Passes to KohPhi by hand.
3 : 9.01 {lFP} - KohPhi goes for goal.
3 : 9.06 {lFP} - KohPhi likes it and so does the goal umpire

Then LicoriceAllsorts, who was enjoying his best season ever gave the Bombers back the lead sending the Abdu faithfull into raptures

3 : 13.49 {rFP} - Almost a throw to KohPhi.
3 : 13.53 {rFP} - An underground handpass to LicoriceAllsorts.
3 : 13.58 {rFP} - This for the opportunity of a lifetime.
3 : 14.02 {rFP} - Perfect goal kicking technique. That's number 1 for LicoriceAllsorts

Two more goals had the Bombers feeling a tad more comfortable

3 : 16.51 {lFP} - Trust_in_sps wants to get on with proceedings.
3 : 16.55 {lFP} - A snap at goal ....
3 : 16.59 {lFP} - And the ball bounces through - unbelievable

3 : 19.17 {lHBF} - What a shocking kick - straight to iDon.
3 : 19.21 {rHFF} - iDon wants to get on with proceedings.
3 : 19.25 {lHFF} - Gets hands off within the nick of time.
3 : 19.3 {lHFF} - That's gonna go mighty close!.
3 : 19.34 {lHFF} - It's a goal

And then Royboy2 who was having a shocker gifted BEEG another in the dying seconds

3 : 24.34 {FB} - royboy2 took too long to get rid of it - holding the ball.
3 : 24.38 {FF} - The ball is now with BEEG.
3 : 24.43 {FF} - BEEG wants a goal.
3 : 24.47 {FF} - Fantastic goal from BEEG

SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 3
Baghdad Bombers : 13.9.87
Roys FFC : 10.2.62

The Roys kick the first of the last. In an arm wrestle of a contest, some individual brilliance from okeydoke7 and Trust_in_sps saw us get one back

4 : 8.49 {lBP} - okeydoke7 takes one of the best marks you'll ever see.
4 : 8.53 {lFP} - Trust_in_sps looks downfield.
4 : 8.57 {lFP} - Trust_in_sps ignores a lead to have a shot.
4 : 9.01 {lFP} - That's one of those special goals. Number 3 for Trust_in_sps

At the 12 minute mark, BEEG who was starring put the Bombers 5 goals up

4 : 12 {FF} - Here's a chance for an opportunist rover.
4 : 12.04 {FF} - BEEG with a moment to look downfield.
4 : 12.08 {FF} - BEEG steadies himself and has a shot ....
4 : 12.13 {FF} - It's a goal. A goal to BEEG

2 minutes later, another * up by Royboy2 gave okey another. The Bombers were absolutely rubbing his face in it..

200_d-40.gif

4 : 14.02 {FB} - royboy2 takes them on.
4 : 14.06 {lHBF} - He doesn't waste any time in getting boot to ball.
4 : 14.1 {lHBF} - But straight to iDon.
4 : 14.15 {rHFF} - iDon is now off and running.
4 : 14.19 {rFP} - Quick hands to okeydoke7.
4 : 14.22 {rFP} - This should be a goal to okeydoke7.
4 : 14.26 {rFP} - okeydoke7 gets the goal

The Roys incensed at the treatment dished out to Royboy2 kicked a couple in a hurry. However the Bombers were able to slow the game down for a well earned victory..

SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Baghdad Bombers : 16.11.107
Roys FFC : 14.3.87

images-256.jpeg

That victory gives us 2 wins in 3 games and it is imperative we back it up with a victory against the Swamprats ( which we did!!)
Match review to come.

MATCH THREAD POSTING
we were down on our usual high numbers but can only really post according to opposition activity. The Roys gave us an enjoyable thread so we cant complain. We again led the way with 6 out of the top 10 posters. TonyLynn15 led the way with 60+ with Coach, BEEG, Lica and Trust_in_sps all posting well.

POSTER OF THE YEAR
TonyLynn15 continues to dominate posting and combined with his thread "Uncle Tony's House" has quickly established himself as one of the premier posters in the SFA. BEEG deservedly has moved into outright second spot.

TonyLynn15 - 112.99
BEEG- 82.5
KohPhi - 80
The Coach16 - 52.04
Dawn to Dark - 41.6
miggs - 27.51
PhenomenalV1 -27.5
LicoriceAllsorts - 30
Harolad 10
Trust_in_sps 5
ant555- 5
Billingsnumber - 2
iDon- 1

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 5.08.34 pm.png

I think that was an enjoyable week, and everyone posted well so no issues there.

Except we failed by four percent.

They're already mocking us in the media goys, that shill Ant Bear has ruined our perfect track record.

I want to see us pushing well into the 60s this week boys, spam into overdrive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back