Scandal Bailey and the bags

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem I have with the coverage of this is that a few in the media have applauded Bailey for being contrite and for how good his written apology was

Aren't all the athletes caught in a drug scandal (illicit or performance enhancing) contrite after they get caught?
It's quite odd isn't it.

The media seem more interested and concerned with the content and delivery of the public apologies and statements than they do with the actual act.

It's weird.

Haven't read this thread, but let me guess....

It's descended quickly into the usual Bulldogs tragics/losers mindlessly defending anything even remotely perceived as a negative opinion relating to their club?

Do I even bother reading it?
Are you so brainless that you require others to tell you what you should and shouldn’t do?

Plenty of people have, me included. Guessing you're out of the loop?
I just did a search and watched it. Not sure how it gets Martin off considering he was standing over someone's table agressively with his friends trying to drag him away.

Is it because he doesn't have Chopsticks in his hand at the time? Because you can threaten to stab someone with chopsticks that you are yet to collect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes going to get a statue over this isnt he? For being brave in admitting he enjoyed nose beers?

Well, I'd give any player a statue for coming out and saying they enjoy cocaine. But no player has said that, including Bailey Smith.

Bailey Smith has been handed a two-match suspension and received one strike following an AFL investigation into the illicit substance scandal.

I just did a search and watched it. Not sure how it gets Martin off considering he was standing over someone's table agressively with his friends trying to drag him away.

Is it because he doesn't have Chopsticks in his hand at the time? Because you can threaten to stab someone with chopsticks that you are yet to collect.
To be fair Dusty heard the chick say Soy Wasabi Kingfish ... big day on the horse and sake hey ? try some pickled ginger to freshen the tuna and chop stick my eye scallop please .

No fine. What a laugh. He's now got a spare $20k to spend on more bags.
Probably going off the precedent from Crouch and Stengle who didn’t cop a fine when they were caught with drugs

So if you fail a drug test no-one finds out and you get a secret strike

If you get photographed taking drugs you get a strike but also suspended

The AFL declaring that taking drugs is mostly ok as long as no-one finds out
Yes, image is everything to the AFL. Why pretend like this hasn't always been the case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back