Toast Bailey Bubbles Rice to make his AFL debut this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked really good ey, poised, like that play where he drew his man to him and gave off the nice handball! Looks a player, if he comes on and plays this way at th level above it’s going to have me feeling really good about the youngsters we have. There some hope amongst our list at the moment, a lot of negativity around our recruiting of late but if these kids keep showing us this type of stuff I think opinions will change really quickly.

Not much love for Ricey here, the poor bastard.
Well I'm buzzed about him and I don't care about the naysayers. To me he looks good. An upgrade of capable youth to eventually replace the old GOPs. We need to see all the kids asap, starting with the ones that perform consistently well in VFL level. Bailey. Rice!

WOHOOO!!!

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-05-17/rice-to-follow-in-fathers-footsteps

Bailey
Rice

Height - 184 cm
Weight - 88 kg
RICE%20Bailey.png

BACKGROUND
Rice was acquired by the Saints as a father-son selection (using pick No. 49) in the 2015 National Draft.

Eligible to be selected by both Carlton and St Kilda, Rice spent some time during the 18 months prior to the draft training at Linen House Centre before nominating the Saints as his preferred destination

Q&A
Nickname: Bubbles
Best advice you’ve received: Be yourself, enjoy your footy
Funniest teammate: Jimmy Webster
Most inspiring movie: Lord of the Rings
Best concert attended: Beyond The Valley
Apps you can’t live without: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat
Guilty pleasure: Lollies
Your passions outside football: Basketball
Favourite cartoon or movie character: Scooby Doo :thumbsu:
Favourite holiday spot: USA

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD Richo is such a boring kent. I couldn't even see that video through.
Congratulations son. Now I'm just gonna suck the oxygen out of the room just to properly prepare you for game day. FMD!!!

Still stoked !
The lads were excited!! Bit more energy than the last bloke we debuted (sorry, my memory is shot) I didn’t listen o AR waffle on.
Ripping news though. Best of luck young fella

Debutants in Alan Richardson’s tenure:

Jack Billings
Luke Dunstan
Eli Templeton*
Blake Acres
Spencer White*

Jack Sinclair
Jack Lonie
Paddy McCartin
Daniel McKenzie
Hugh Goddard
Jason Holmes*

Jade Gresham
Lewis Pierce
Brandon White

Ben Long
Rowan Marshall
Josh Battle

Hunter Clark
Nick Coffield
Ed Phillips
Bailey Rice

You can say plenty thats negative about Richo’s time at the club, but notwithstanding how disappointing this season has been, it’s not like the kids haven’t got a shot in his time at the club.

9 of the 18 remaining 21 debutants - trade-ins not included - will or will be likely to be playing Seniors this week, that’s a pretty solid return on our investment.

It might even have been 10 if Ben Long hadn’t broken his foot, and 11 if Paddy wasn’t punch-drunk.

Also shows just how young we really are.

FMD Richo is such a boring kent. I couldn't even see that video through.
Congratulations son. Now I'm just gonna stand here and suck the oxygen out of the room to properly prepare you for game day. FMD!!!
Haven't watched the vid yet but noted the transcript:

“You’ve been really strong now for a good period of time, and from our perspective, you’re ready to go.”

“I reckon your teammates would be really pleased that you’re in for many reasons.”

“The main reason would be because of how tough you are, and how consistent you are in the contest. You very rarely get beaten, and you stay composed.”

I'm sure that's exactly the same script he used last week for Ed :rolleyes:

HEY RICHO!!!:

And just for shits and gigs...

The ‘Richo’s Boys’ XXII...

FB: Rice - Goddard - White
HB: Coffield - Marshall - McKenzie
RK: Pierce - Dunstan - Gresham
CR: Sinclair - Acres - Phillips
HF: Billings - Battle - Clark
FF: Long - McCartin - Lonie
IC: Holmes* Templeton* White*

This is his third season with us. Richo will probably think he needs more time at Sandy.

Glandular fever in 2016 ruined that year. In reality I think the timing is about right. He needed time in the VFL to solidify his game, and now he has built his game and confidence, he is a decent chance to take the step up.

I'll give the club/coaches credit for handling this one well

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back